UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[Video] Wind & Ice | Elemental Weapons System in UGX Mod v1.1!

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 11 years ago
by SajeOne
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Date Registered: 28 March 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
SarcyMoFo's Groups
SarcyMoFo's Contact & Social Links
Cool stuff  :D
Seriously though, the more I see the more I wonder why people like you aren't working for the bigwigs - the scale of what has already been achieved and the potential yet to be tapped is mind-boggling
Date Registered: 18 May 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
2014 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
moonmaster1's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
2014 Contest Winner
For 24 hours worth of work, I gotta say I'm very impressed.

I'm grateful to see a video this week. I'm sure you guys will have that technical difficulty ironed out in record time. Thanks again!
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Thanks for the support guys!
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
For some reason my post disappeared. BTW Awesome job on this one! I liked the wind effect very much!
Date Registered: 24 July 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
gwyn's Groups
gwyn's Contact & Social Linksbartek123202Veltstadt
Good job guys ;]
Date Registered: 5 April 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
IHammY/'s Groups
yo i was actually woundering if you could make the elemental effects random bcz in the vid it doesnt seem like thy are :)

Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
yo i was actually woundering if you could make the elemental effects random bcz in the vid it doesnt seem like thy are :)
They aren't random, they are chosen for each weapon. Because of the camo that's on each weapon that means we would need an extra weapon file for each weapon. Seeing as we are already nearing the limit, doing that for each weapon wouldn't be possible.
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
HIGHHANDS's Groups
HIGHHANDS's Contact & Social Links
hey is there are any way to download the map from the video? i see this map now many times with different mods but it will be great to download this testing thing.  :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
hey is there are any way to download the map from the video? i see this map now many times with different mods but it will be great to download this testing thing.  :)
It is just a small test map that yes, we use for testing purposes. It will be released with the mod for developers to test the features of the mod on. If you would like you can download the mod and compile the map with the mod tools to play, but that seems a bit extensive for such a small map.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
They aren't random, they are chosen for each weapon. Because of the camo that's on each weapon that means we would need an extra weapon file for each weapon. Seeing as we are already nearing the limit, doing that for each weapon wouldn't be possible.
I think he actually was asking if the way the element behaves was random, like for wind weapons the zombies might fly at random speeds or in random directions. If not then yeah, what you said. We don't actually have much of a weapon limit to worry about anymore because of a new system for adding weapons that I've added, but it will always be an issue because of how the engine behaves.

As far as I know, we have room to add additional versions of each weaponfile, so the elemental weapons "2nd pap" machine is a possibility and we are currently working on making it a reality.
Date Registered: 18 May 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
2014 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
moonmaster1's Groups
2014 Contest Winner
I have two questions regarding your last post.

1. Will the elements have various damage effects? An example being fire inflicting damage over time.

2.With this new weapon system, is it possible for a mapper to add even more weapons in conjunction with UGX's arsenal for their own map?

• DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
2.With this new weapon system, is it possible for a mapper to add even more weapons in conjunction with UGX's arsenal for their own map?
Probably yes.

Post Merge: August 20, 2013, 11:44:37 am
As far as I know, we have room to add additional versions of each weaponfile, so the elemental weapons "2nd pap" machine is a possibility and we are currently working on making it a reality.
I was planning on making one.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
I have two questions regarding your last post.

1. Will the elements have various damage effects? An example being fire inflicting damage over time.

1. This hasn't been entirely decided, at least I didn't get a clear decision so treminaor might have something to say about it.

2. A program will be released that will convert any weapon to an elemental.
Date Registered: 5 April 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
IHammY/'s Groups
I think he actually was asking if the way the element behaves was random, like for wind weapons the zombies might fly at random speeds or in random directions. If not then yeah, what you said. We don't actually have much of a weapon limit to worry about anymore because of a new system for adding weapons that I've added, but it will always be an issue because of how the engine behaves.

thanks for pointing that out but saje got it right :) but you need to admit that this would be really cool :)

Loading ...