Community Mapper
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Waht the? I just came back to the map to find this:

Maybe I should just stop here and abandon that facility.. or fire them both at last!
Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 06:32:05 pm by Alerion
broken avatar :(
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
I'm in a legal age in my country to play the uncut-version of WaW but it's illegal for me to play the cut-version:DD

Why do people continue to reply to a thread where the op admits to be a pirate? Just a thought...
Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 09:52:13 pm by daedra descent
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Why do people continue to reply to a thread where the op admits to be a pirate? Just a thought...

I think you are making a mistake. He is from Germany and I think he means the version available there is cut/edited as it is depicting Germany in WW2 as the enemy. I am sure he does not mean cut being a pirated copy. It is quite well known that some WW2 games are banned in Germany, or have been heavily edited before release.

I could be wrong though
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
I think you are making a mistake. He is from Germany and I think he means the version available there is cut/edited as it is depicting Germany in WW2 as the enemy. I am sure he does not mean cut being a pirated copy. It is quite well known that some WW2 games are banned in Germany, or have been heavily edited before release.

I could be wrong though
Yeah, theres very strict laws about Nazis and violence, both of which are featured in CoD lol. They replace all the swastikas with the Nazi eagle, and theres less blood and gore.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Yeah, theres very strict laws about Nazis and violence, both of which are featured in CoD lol. They replace all the swastikas with the Nazi eagle, and theres less blood and gore.

I know of several WW2 games that got outright banned from release in Germany, and assumed WaW would have been edited too before release, but have never got around to checking it up.

Still... back to the original point, I am sure the OP is not talking about a cracked version of the game, but  the edited version.
  • n123q45
  • Deleted Member
n123q45
This user is deleted :(
That sucks. You should be able to play what you want.
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
You can actually see in the scripts there is a function for "is_german_version()" (might be a little different). It's used for things like checking if zombie gibbing should be on or off.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
Yeah i almost forgot that Germany is touchy when it comes to games with nazi symbols in them. I apologize for calling you a pirate.
Date Registered: 5 April 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
IHammY/'s Groups
Yeah i almost forgot that Germany is touchy when it comes to games with nazi symbols in them. I apologize for calling you a pirate.
Well its getting better tho :) we got the 100% uncut versions for bo2 and ghosts :3
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
You can actually see in the scripts there is a function for "is_german_version()" (might be a little different). It's used for things like checking if zombie gibbing should be on or off.
I came across that, funny thing because they deleted it completely afterwards.

Well its getting better tho :) we got the 100% uncut versions for bo2 and ghosts :3

Only cause the zombies aren't nazis anymore.. I never understood what was wrong with shooting dead nazis at all:D
Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 02:29:56 pm by Alerion
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Only cause the zombies aren't nazis anymore.. I never understood what was wrong with shooting dead nazis at all:D

Yeah, I think that was done intentionally by the Dev's. I think after Kino, which was originally intended for WaW, they distanced themselves from using Nazi logo's or references for the remainder of the game, and carried the policy over to BO2.

I remember hearing that Return to Castle Wolfenstein got banned, as did the more recent remake. That is a blessing in disguise though, as both were pretty terrible to be honest. lol.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
Yeah, I think that was done intentionally by the Dev's. I think after Kino, which was originally intended for WaW, they distanced themselves from using Nazi logo's or references for the remainder of the game, and carried the policy over to BO2.

I remember hearing that Return to Castle Wolfenstein got banned, as did the more recent remake. That is a blessing in disguise though, as both were pretty terrible to be honest. lol.

Doesn't Richtofen's character model have nazi symbols on it in Black Ops? I've never really payed attention to that sort of thing.

It's kind of funny though because Russia isn't complaining about Communistic symbols being used, and they're more pretraid as the bad guys in Black ops and Black Ops 2 than the Germans where in WaW.
Date Registered: 5 April 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
IHammY/'s Groups
Doesn't Richtofen's character model have nazi symbols on it in Black Ops? I've never really payed attention to that sort of thing.
i think in the german version (if it is in) its just intierly red.

It's kind of funny though because Russia isn't complaining about Communistic symbols being used, and they're more pretraid as the bad guys in Black ops and Black Ops 2 than the Germans where in WaW.
because russia is pretty much still communistic influenced and also they didnt fuck up quite as much as the nazis... everyone in germany (except a hand full dumb nazi fucks)  is quite ashamed of what ppl did back then
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
Maybe he was a reason to disable the zombie-mode. Could be that they didn't want ppl to play as a nazi.

Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 07:18:13 pm by Alerion
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
Not so many ppl on the first concert.. but the guy on the left is moshing hard so I got that going for me which is nice.
Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 10:37:33 am by Alerion

Loading ...