UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[Tutorial] Kino-Style Teleporter v2 - By Aidan(Addicted)

broken avatar :(
Created 10 years ago
by SajeOne
Date Registered: 25 June 2011
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Vr gb pf wd ya gs pf eg.
Aidan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Aidan's Contact & Social Linksaddictedtocod1amw31rd1amw31rdPortfolio
 In this tutorial, I'm going to show you how to make a Kino Der Toten style teleporter. It does not include the random room you go to after leaving the pack-a-punch room.

First, download these files. This includes the 2 script files you'll need plus an example map.
    Kino Der Toten Teleporter v2

Now follow these steps:

Step 1:
    Extract the gsc files to your mod/maps folder. (Cod WAW Root folder/mods/*your map name*/maps)
    If you already have the _zombiemode_perks.gsc file in your mod, you'll have to replace it (sorry!).

Step 2:
    Go to your main gsc file. (Cod WAW Root folder/raw/maps/*your map name*.gsc)
    If you have your main gsc file in your mod/maps folder, you need to edit that one instead.
    At the bottom of the main() function, add

Code Snippet
Plaintext
    thread maps\_kinostyle_teleporter::init();

Step 3:
    Open the file _kinostyle_teleporter.gsc file in your mod/maps folder. Close to the top, you will see a function called AddItems(). At the bottom of it, there are variables you need to change. Under the 'You CAN edit these' section, editing is optional. But you must change the one in the next section. If you have a PAP machine in the room you teleport too, set this to true. Otherwise, set it to false.

Step 4:
    Open Launcher and go to the Mod Builder tab. Select your map, and check the 2 files in the IWD file list. Compile, making sure you have 'Build IWD file' checked.

Step 5:
    Open your map in radiant. If you haven't already, go ahead and build the teleporter machine and the PAP room, etc. Now you'll need to place some script_origins and trigger_uses.

Step 6:
    Place a trigger_use on your mainframe. Give it the KVP 'targetname', 'kino_mainframe_trigger'.
    Place a trigger_use on your teleporter. Give it the KVP 'targetname', 'kino_teleporter_trigger'.

Step 7:
    Place a script_origin in the middle of the mainframe halfway into the ground. Give it the KVP 'targetname', 'kino_mainframe_fxspot'.
    Place a script_origin in the middle of the teleporter halfway into the ground. Give it the KVP 'targetname', 'kino_teleporter_fxspot'.

Step 8:
    Place 4 more script_origins around the mainframe (not too close to eachother!). Give them all the KVP 'targetname', 'kino_mainframe_spawn'.
    Place 4 script_origins in the PAP room (not too close, either). Give them all the KVP 'targetname', 'kino_paproom_spawn'.

Step 9:
    Place another script_origin (omg!) somewhere in your map where you want zombies to go when you are teleporting. Give it the KVP 'targetname', 'kino_teleporter_zombiegoto'.
    Step 10:
    Create a 'black box'. Make a black box in radiant, about 1 blue box long, 4 squares wide and 6 squares tall. Put 4 script_origins in the middle.
    Make them 4 squares apart. (It would really help on this to look at the example map.)
    Give them all the KVPs: 'targetname', 'kino_image_room' AND 'script_noteworthy', 'teleport_room_#'.
    In the 2nd KVP, replace # with numbers 0-3. Make sure each script_origin has a different number, so all 4 numbers are used.

Step 11:
    Go to the zone_source folder and open your map's .csv file (Cod 5 Root folder/zone_source/*your map name*.csv)
    At the bottom, add the code:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
    xmodel,tag_origin_animate

That's it. Compile your map and it should work.

Here is what it should look like if everything is done corretly:
   <COMING SOON>
Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 02:26:12 am by SajeOne
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
This tutorial should probably be added to the Wiki as the forum layout makes the tut harder to read(for me anyway) besides, its a damn good tutorial.  ;D

One question, Whats so special about the _zombiemode_perks.gsc thats linked?
Date Registered: 16 June 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Hey if you had tons of fun on playing my maps please DONATE :)

play ESTATE now, and claim your mansion back from the undead!
jei9363's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
jei9363's Contact & Social Linksjei9363jei9363jayingardia
looks like they used it to handle
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.paping
so you don't teleport out without your upgraded gun?
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
looks like they used it to handle
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.paping
so you don't teleport out without your upgraded gun?

That's a pretty nasty problem I had to deal with.. If I ever use a Moon/Kino style teleporter again, I'll use this function too.
Date Registered: 10 October 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
ProGamerzFTW's Groups
Works great, but for UGX, how does one reenable the teleporter sounds during pre-teleportation, mid-teleportation, and post-teleportation?
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Works great, but for UGX, how does one reenable the teleporter sounds during pre-teleportation, mid-teleportation, and post-teleportation?
Remove the sounds needed from the ignore file required by the map. If you do this you might go over the limit though meaning you'll need to add some new sounds to the list.
Date Registered: 10 October 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
ProGamerzFTW's Groups
Remove the sounds needed from the ignore file required by the map. If you do this you might go over the limit though meaning you'll need to add some new sounds to the list.

I got this working quite a long while ago, but thanks anyways! :)
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
I got this working quite a long while ago, but thanks anyways! :)

8th of march, 8th of may... where's the difference?:D

Loading ...