Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
CaryOld's Groups
CaryOld's Contact & Social Links
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to see if anyone is able to help me with a script for my maps easter egg. I unfortunately don't have any scripting knowledge so I'm starting from scratch.

I'm looking for my easter egg to involve shooting/knifing a large number of triggers in my map, once all triggers are hit, another trigger will spawn in on a control panel in my map, upon activing the control panel trigger, a cinematic screen would descend from the ceiling and play a video. When the video concludes, another trigger would spawn in a different location allowing the player to buy an ending.

This task may be way more than I can chew, but at the very least I'm willing to comprimise with the moving video screen. If anyone has the knowledge to help me out here, feel free to message me on here or on Discord at CaryOld#4452. Thanks
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 5 December 2016
Last active: 5 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
John_Banana's Groups
John_Banana's Contact & Social LinksJohn_BananaYouTube Channel
Look in nazi_zombie_sumpf and check for the meteor_trigger() function. This is how a basic "damage trigger" looks like. You can see that they have it set so you can only activate the trigger if you're within a certain distance (maybe so you don't accidently shoot it from across the map) but you can easily remove that. The trigger is an ent spawned in radiant that the function grabs, then waits for a player to damage it, and then does something (which in this case threads a voiceover function, which is where you could thread the next shootable trigger function or change any variables you may want i.e. level.steps_completed= 1 etc etc).

Triggers are always in "while" loops but you can remove the outter "for" loop because that makes it so it runs separatly for each player. You probably want it so once a player shoots it, then that step is completed and no one can shoot it. Or look at the Fly Trap easter egg. That one's interesting because it might help you more once you understand the basic trigger in sumpf. It starts with one trigger, that leads to 3 more being created, and then once all 3 are shot then something happens.
Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 11:41:42 pm by John_Banana
Date Registered: 4 November 2021
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
CaryOld's Groups
CaryOld's Contact & Social Links
Look in nazi_zombie_sumpf and check for the meteor_trigger() function. This is how a basic "damage trigger" looks like. You can see that they have it set so you can only activate the trigger if you're within a certain distance (maybe so you don't accidently shoot it from across the map) but you can easily remove that. The trigger is an ent spawned in radiant that the function grabs, then waits for a player to damage it, and then does something (which in this case threads a voiceover function, which is where you could thread the next shootable trigger function or change any variables you may want i.e. level.steps_completed= 1 etc etc).

Triggers are always in "while" loops but you can remove the outter "for" loop because that makes it so it runs separatly for each player. You probably want it so once a player shoots it, then that step is completed and no one can shoot it. Or look at the Fly Trap easter egg. That one's interesting because it might help you more once you understand the basic trigger in sumpf. It starts with one trigger, that leads to 3 more being created, and then once all 3 are shot then something happens.
Thank you for your reply but allow me to be more specific. I have around 30 radios in my map that play sounds when knifed/shot. I wouldn't require the player to activate them in a certain order, the easter egg video would become available once all 30 radios have been played in no particular order.  Also if I'm not mistaken I don't have those files you mentioned because I'm modding in BO3 for this map.
Date Registered: 5 December 2016
Last active: 5 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
John_Banana's Groups
John_Banana's Contact & Social LinksJohn_BananaYouTube Channel
Even easier, you can literally just copy the code from any activated easter egg song and change the requirements from 3 to 30.

Loading ...