UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Randomize players, player specific viewarms, starting, laststand pistols 7-21-16

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by MakeCents
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
This tut will help you make your players randomize in solo and coop, and give you options for different starting weapons, viewarms, and laststand pistols.
NOTE
This tut assumes you already know how to get weapons or viewarms into your map, via raw folders or csvs.

1. Copy _loadout.gsc from your root/raw/maps folder to your root/mods/mapname/maps folder, if you haven't already
2. Open _loadout.gsc in your mods folder in a text editor, i.e. Sublime Text 2, Notepad, and Notepad++
3. Under players = get_players(); in the init_loadout() function put this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.bodys = ;
level.bodys[level.bodys.size] = 0;
level.bodys[level.bodys.size] = 1;
level.bodys[level.bodys.size] = 2;
level.bodys[level.bodys.size] = 3;
level.startguns = ;
//The following sets up 4 possible guns, be sure to add_weapon below, where appropriate
level.startguns[level.startguns.size] = "zombie_colt";//change weapon, not needed for player randomizing
level.startguns[level.startguns.size] = "zombie_colt";//change weapon, not needed for player randomizing
//The following will randomize the each players weapons at start. Comment out to not do that
level.startguns = array_randomize(level.startguns);//randomizes starting gun each game per player, not needed for player randomizing
level.bodys = array_randomize(level.bodys);
4. Search for "zombiemode" and find add_weapon("zombie_colt");
5. Add the four weapons you would like to start with, if you want multiple weapons otherwise skip this step, i.e.:
Code Snippet
cpp
        add_weapon( "change weapon");
add_weapon( "zombie_colt");
6. Add PrecacheModel("vewarms") for each viewarms you will be using under the add_weapon lines, if you want to use multiple viewarms, otherwise skip this step, i.e.:
Code Snippet
cpp
        PrecacheModel( "change arms" );
6. Scroll down to give_model( class) function.
7. Find the following:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
else if( isDefined( level.use_zombie_heroes ) && level.use_zombie_heroes ) 
{
8. Paste this under it: (replacing the switch that is there)
Code Snippet
Plaintext
self.body_select = randomint(4);
if(isdefined(self.entity_num)){
self.body_select = level.bodys[self.entity_num];
}
if(!IsDefined( self.mybod )) self.mybod = self.body_select;
else self.body_select = self.mybod;
self.entity_num = self.mybod;

switch( self.body_select)
{
case 0:
character\char_zomb_player_0::main();
// self SetUp_Weapons(level.startguns[0]);
// self SetViewModel("change arms");
break;
case 1:
character\char_zomb_player_1::main();
// self SetUp_Weapons(level.startguns[1]);
break;
case 2:
character\char_zomb_player_2::main();
// self SetUp_Weapons(level.startguns[2]);
break;
case 3:
character\char_zomb_player_3::main();
// self SetUp_Weapons(level.startguns[3]);
break;
}
8.1 Copy dlc3_code.gsc to your mods/mapnme/maps folder and open it, then modify the level_start_vox() function like this to fix the first time playing demsy quote
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level_start_vox()
{
wait( 6 );//moved here
index = maps\_zombiemode_weapons::get_player_index( self );
plr = "plr_" + index + "_";
// wait( 6 );//commented out
self thread create_and_play_dialog( plr, "vox_level_start", 0.25 );
}
8.2 In dlc3_code.gsc, find player_zombie_awareness function and add a wait(6); before the index line:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
player_zombie_awareness()
{
self endon("disconnect");
self endon("death");
players = getplayers();
wait(6);//add this line so it doesn't get the index before the players are established (or move index line to before its needed lower in the function)
index = maps\_zombiemode_weapons::get_player_index(self);
NOTE
Random players are done. For any of the following you do not want, simply skip the step.

9. If you want different starting weapons or viewarms, uncomment the appropriate lines above and modify the string (the text between the quotes) and add this function above give_model( class):
Code Snippet
Plaintext
SetUp_Weapons(weapon){
self GiveWeapon(weapon);
self.player_switchweapon = weapon;
self.last_stand_weapon = weapon;
}
10. For different starting weapons change:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
if( IsDefined( level.player_switchweapon ) )
    {
        // the wait was added to fix a revive issue with the host
        // for some reson the SwitchToWeapon message gets lost
        // this can be removed if that is ever resolved
        if ( isdefined(wait_for_switch_weapon) && wait_for_switch_weapon == true )
        {
            wait(0.5);
        }
        self SwitchToWeapon( level.player_switchweapon );
    }
to (level changes to self):
Code Snippet
Plaintext
if( IsDefined( self.player_switchweapon ) )
{
// the wait was added to fix a revive issue with the host
// for some reson the SwitchToWeapon message gets lost
// this can be removed if that is ever resolved
if ( isdefined(wait_for_switch_weapon) && wait_for_switch_weapon == true )
{
wait(0.5);
}
self SwitchToWeapon( self.player_switchweapon );
}
11. If using different viewarms for each, find and comment out this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
if( IsDefined( level.player_viewmodel ) )
{
self SetViewModel( level.player_viewmodel );
}
12.  To update laststand pisols open your _laststand.gsc in raw/maps folder and find laststand_take_player_weapons() function and add this under self.laststandpistol = undefined;:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
if(isDefined(self.last_stand_weapon)){
self.laststandpistol = self.last_stand_weapon;
}
13. Don't forget to update pistol for single player solo revive if you have it, however you added it.

TROUBLESHOOTING:

If you are given all the weapons you add, find and comment out the following in your give_loadout function:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
for( i = 0; i < level.player_loadout.size; i++ )
{
self GiveWeapon( level.player_loadout[i] );
}

And if you have a switch after that you can comment out the entire switch too, up to:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.gaveweapons[level.gaveweapons.size] = "gave";
Leave this^ if you have it

Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 11:27:19 am by smasher248
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
Thanks MakeCents, will definitely be using this on my WIP Map, thanks again for the scripts. :)
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
This tut will help you make your players randomize in solo and coop, and give you options for different starting weapons, viewarms, and laststand pistols.
NOTE
This tut assumes you already know how to get weapons or viewarms into your map, via raw folders or csvs.

1. Copy _loadout.gsc from your root/raw/maps folder to your root/mods/mapname/maps folder, if you haven't already
2. Open _loadout.gsc in your mods folder in a text editor, i.e. Sublime Text 2, Notepad, and Notepad++
3. Under level.gaveweapons = []; in the init_loadout() function put this:

i dont have level.gaveweapons in my loadout script and i just got it from mod tools: http://gyazo.com/fdec6b1744e750d96df64f2d668786aa
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
i dont have level.gaveweapons in my loadout script and i just got it from mod tools: http://gyazo.com/fdec6b1744e750d96df64f2d668786aa

Oh, I'm sorry, that may have been apart of that other tut the op in the forum post was using when I was setting this up. You can just put it under players = get_players();

I'll update the tut, thanks!
Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 03:11:07 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
mrpeanut188 so kindly pointed out that my voices were not working per player in his tut. Updated tut with the fix. Forgot a line. Thanks.
Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 03:13:22 am by MakeCents
Date Registered: 11 July 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Live and Learn
louisfm16's Groups
louisfm16's Contact & Social LinksPortfolio
my character keeps getting 4 guns on solo
I added 4 weapon variants to my map and I want each player to have a different type of starting weapon. I tested the weapons themselves and they work as they should but when I start the game my character has the default weapon and the 4 I added (the default weapon is 1 of the 4 variants)
I triple checked my code and everything is how the tutorial says it should be but I cant get my character to only have 1 weapon. or even the defaut and 1 random gun. can someone plz help me Ive been stuck on this for days.
P.S. Im only doing the weapons part not the viewarms
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
my character keeps getting 4 guns on solo
I added 4 weapon variants to my map and I want each player to have a different type of starting weapon. I tested the weapons themselves and they work as they should but when I start the game my character has the default weapon and the 4 I added (the default weapon is 1 of the 4 variants)
I triple checked my code and everything is how the tutorial says it should be but I cant get my character to only have 1 weapon. or even the defaut and 1 random gun. can someone plz help me Ive been stuck on this for days.
P.S. Im only doing the weapons part not the viewarms

I'm sorry, I never get notifications from new members on this site. I don't know if that is a setting or on purpose or what. I'm not sure about the prob you are having. If you have definitely isolated it to this tut, then I can take a look. If you put this script back and it still does it, then of course it is something else.

The only place I giveweapon is in the setup. If you are one player it should only run once for that player because of the switch. I use this exact setup, without the viewarms, just like you, with a slight modification with a randomized array to give each player a randomized starting and laststand weapon each time, which doesn't change anything, so it should work, unless I missed something else.

I updated the tut with my weapon randomizer option.
Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 01:20:10 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Live and Learn
louisfm16's Groups
I'm sorry, I never get notifications from new members on this site. I don't know if that is a setting or on purpose or what. I'm not sure about the prob you are having. If you have definitely isolated it to this tut, then I can take a look. If you put this script back and it still does it, then of course it is something else.

The only place I giveweapon is in the setup. If you are one player it should only run once for that player because of the switch. I use this exact setup, without the viewarms, just like you, with a slight modification with a randomized array to give each player a randomized starting and laststand weapon each time, which doesn't change anything, so it should work, unless I missed something else.

I updated the tut with my weapon randomizer option.

thanks for responding quickly ppl usually take a bit longer to do so.
I did find out tge exact problem and it is definitely not with your tut. I decided to make my own simple script to randomize just the starting gun and I was getting the same error.
anyways the problem is when putting more than 1 add_weapon(weapon);
for example if I do add_weapon 4 times because I want diff guns, my character will get as many weapons as I did add_weapon
I did a quick fix by modifying your SetUp_weapons funtion to remove the default starting gun then run add_weapon and then do all the stuff your function already had. so this works and my character gets only 1 gun and its random every game but I have no way of testing this in Co-Op and im afraid that I will run into the same problem if more than 1 player is in the game.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
thanks for responding quickly ppl usually take a bit longer to do so.
I did find out tge exact problem and it is definitely not with your tut. I decided to make my own simple script to randomize just the starting gun and I was getting the same error.
anyways the problem is when putting more than 1 add_weapon(weapon);
for example if I do add_weapon 4 times because I want diff guns, my character will get as many weapons as I did add_weapon
I did a quick fix by modifying your SetUp_weapons funtion to remove the default starting gun then run add_weapon and then do all the stuff your function already had. so this works and my character gets only 1 gun and its random every game but I have no way of testing this in Co-Op and im afraid that I will run into the same problem if more than 1 player is in the game.
Np.

Well, I am not sure why, but I would look at your add_weapon function in loadout.gsc. It should not be giving the weapon there or threading any function that is giving a weapon. Mine looks like this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
add_weapon( weapon_name )
{
PrecacheItem( weapon_name );
level.player_loadout[level.player_loadout.size] = weapon_name;
}

Or if yours looks like this, maybe it has something to do with level.player_loadout.size?

Do you have something like this in your give_loadout function?
Code Snippet
Plaintext
{
}

If so, try commenting that out then. I'm sorry if that is a step I forgot. I guess I thought mine was always commented out already? I might be slightly guilty of editing my raw file on this one.  :-[ If there is a switch after that, you don't need that anymore either. You can comment everything up to:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.gaveweapons[level.gaveweapons.size] = "gave";

Leave this ^
Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 07:20:23 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Live and Learn
louisfm16's Groups
I just commented out this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext

{
}

like you said and re added the add_weapon(wepon); call to the init function at the top and it worked perfectly. I have not tested this in Co-Op like I said before but I am confidant that when I release it for testing This wont have any errors.

I think my for loop was uncommented due to my script placer because Im pretty sure someone else would of ran into this error if that was the case, so its not your fault just different script placers.

anyways Thank You so much for your help, I only ended up using your SetUp_weapons(); function out of the whole tut but Ill still give you credit since I honestly dont think I would of found that giveweapon without you.

Thanks again, you really helped :)
Date Registered: 9 November 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Custom Zombies Videos: YouTube.com/RichGaming
Signature
YouTube: YouTube.com/RichGaming
Twitter: Twitter.com/RichGaming

RichGaming's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
RichGaming's Contact & Social Linksrichgaming1RichGamingRich_GamingRichGaming1
Getting an issue that makes the player model of a character change every time they respawn, this can cause more than one of the same character to be on the map at a time. There are also a load of random Dempsey quotes even if the player is not Dempsey and then these are followed by the wuotes of the actual players character.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Getting an issue that makes the player model of a character change every time they respawn, this can cause more than one of the same character to be on the map at a time. There are also a load of random Dempsey quotes even if the player is not Dempsey and then these are followed by the wuotes of the actual players character.
itll be the intro quote that is sometimes wrong, not sure why, think it must get set up before the characters - tends to be correct after a esc - restart

its called in dlc3_code.gsc ( the one i found in zombiemode.gsc is irrelevent )
Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:51:26 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 9 November 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Custom Zombies Videos: YouTube.com/RichGaming
RichGaming's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
RichGaming's Contact & Social Linksrichgaming1RichGamingRich_GamingRichGaming1
itll be the intro quote that is sometimes wrong, not sure why, think it must get set up before the characters - tends to be correct after a esc - restart

its called in dlc3_code.gsc ( the one i found in zombiemode.gsc is irrelevent )

Yeah I was aware of the start quote being an unfixable one but it seems like there are random quotes during the game. THink it may be linked to the changing of character when respawning. Character saying old character quotes.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha

I've heard the random dempsy quotes but I also hear each players quotes too. Think I saw somewhere it happens with takeo, but I don't really remember. I may have seen the same player spawn on my old version of this tut, but don't remember. I don't currently have that issue, so I will look at my scripts later and update this then if there is a difference. Just looking at the script I would comment this line out and see what it does.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
//self.body_select = randomint(4);

Edit: After further review, that shouldn't matter if self.entity_num is defined. So that not being defined could be causing multiple people to spawn at the same time.
Edit 2: And I now see that you are saying after they die and respawn they are changing, which is bizarre, but I'll have to look at mine then later, and test that.  I plan on coop testing tonight anyway, so I will make sure it isn't doing that in mine and maybe just post my load.
Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:49:32 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
I've heard the random dempsy quotes but I also hear each players quotes too. Think I saw somewhere it happens with takeo, but I don't really remember. I may have seen the same player spawn on my old version of this tut, but don't remember. I don't currently have that issue, so I will look at my scripts later and update this then if there is a difference. Just looking at the script I would comment this line out and see what it does.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
//self.body_select = randomint(4);

Edit: After further review, that shouldn't matter if self.entity_num is defined. So that not being defined could be causing multiple people to spawn at the same time.
Edit 2: And I now see that you are saying after they die and respawn they are changing, which is bizarre, but I'll have to look at mine then later, and test that.
could actually be a nice feature so long as you keep track of what characters are left in the ""not currently used" pool

Loading ...