UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

UGX easy FX interfering with Bam's Perks?

broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by MZslayer11
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 3 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Recently I have installed Bam's mods and they are all working perfectly. I also just recently added in UGX easy fx and that is working too. The problem is that Bam's mod required you to replace your mapname_patch with his custom one. Im not 100% sure if this is the problem or not but my map and game crashes when I include Bam's custom _patch in conjunction with easy fx. I did not have this problem the first time installed UGX esay fx because I forgot to include the _patch. This time when I launch with the _patch, it crashed. The error message is 'Unhanded Exception Caught'. I tried several times with and without the patch and sure enough, the result was the same. The only other thing I added between it working and not working is a skybox model and Fog using the setVolFog() method. So the culpret is one of these three things. I suspect that its easy fx because in the tutorial, it made clear that you need to compile your patch for it to work.  :-\ Is this correct? Is there a way to have them both without a crash?
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
shouldnt matter, but if it makes you feel better, compile the patch, then drag bams one over it after

It shouldnt matter, The only thing different in bams patch is it has the BO1 models in it
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
shouldnt matter, but if it makes you feel better, compile the patch, then drag bams one over it after

It shouldnt matter, The only thing different in bams patch is it has the BO1 models in it

What do you mean "drag  it over it"? Also, if it isn't this causing the problem, then what is? I'm still getting a crash when I use his _patch and I wasn't before I installed easy fx.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
drag his patch over yours

TBH you should only need to compile your patch one time, back when you first made the map, after that you shouldnt need to compile it again

do developer 1 and tell us what error

Also make sure you have the right Bam patch, the others cause all kinds of issues
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
drag his patch over yours

TBH you should only need to compile your patch one time, back when you first made the map, after that you shouldnt need to compile it again

do developer 1 and tell us what error

Also make sure you have the right Bam patch, the others cause all kinds of issues

Ok so I compiled my map again
Then I copied Bam's patch to replace current patch
Then I launched the mod (Exact same procedure as always)
Launched the game in Dev 1 and got this:

There are tons more missing xanims that I didnt show.

I made developer false then launched my map. My game crashed and I got the "Unhandled Exception Caught" error in the Console.
Next I recompiled my map and this time I did not add in Bam's patch. I launched the map and everything worked... except bams perks.  :kidding: Sooooooooo.. im kind of in a stand still here  :'(
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
oK, thats giving all kinds of errors to do with your mod tools, so doesnt really cover your specific issue

When it crashes, it should tell you why, if it isnt, then i dunno

Sometimes the error console shows up behind the game, if you alt+tab to it, it might say like "porter_shader.iwi is missing" or something like that
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
Ya the console comes up after the crash and the only error is 'Un handled Exception Caught'. I will Uninstall easy fx and see if that helps. If it doesnt, then I'm screwed. Sick and tired of errors :ok:
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
thing is bro, its not "installed"

its just like any other .gsc, it doesnt do anything special really

Just remove the easy_fx line from your MAPNAME.gsc and its "removed"

But it defo works fine with bams perks. You need to sort out those other errors so we can use developer 1 correctly
Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 02:07:04 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
thing is bro, its not "installed"

its just like any other .gsc, it doesnt do anything special really

Just remove the easy_fx line from your MAPNAME.gsc and its "removed"

But it defo works fine with bams perks. You need to sort out those other errors so we can use developer 1 correctly

Yeah, install is just one those buzz words that I use. Probably shouldnt. Anyway, Thanks for all your help. :)
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
no prob, if your still stuck later drop me a pm, i did bams perks without his annoying _patch file
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
fyi those missing xanims, xmodels, and other shaders/visions are how the game was made. You could see it on first load as well. In any case I don't know specifically what your issue is, I suggest doing logfile 1 and see what error it throws now.
Date Registered: 16 June 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Hey if you had tons of fun on playing my maps please DONATE :)

play ESTATE now, and claim your mansion back from the undead!
jei9363's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
jei9363's Contact & Social Linksjei9363jei9363jayingardia
maybe in the process you lost one of my IWDs. missing images for materials in FastFiles are what cause them to crash
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
fyi those missing xanims, xmodels, and other shaders/visions are how the game was made. You could see it on first load as well. In any case I don't know specifically what your issue is, I suggest doing logfile 1 and see what error it throws now.
no... no they are not "normal", for example one of the missing files is shock/zombie_death.shock - which should defo be included

I have hardly any of these errors, he has about 200 in a list?
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
no... no they are not "normal", for example one of the missing files is shock/zombie_death.shock - which should defo be included

I have hardly any of these errors, he has about 200 in a list?
Those errors are generic, everyone has them. There's no way that you can't as it's how the game was created. That shock file is never used either it's included in raw files though. Also just noticed what's wrong in the script error you provided, the gun you're trying to load doesn't exist (target wise i.e. ptrs_zombie) in add_zombie_weapon (or not pretty tired now looking at book while reading this, just fix the KVP and make sure the gun you're trying to set exists in map).
Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 03:04:59 am by DidUknowiPwn
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
Those errors are generic, everyone has them. There's no way that you can't as it's how the game was created. That shock file is never used either it's included in raw files though. Also just noticed what's wrong in the script error you provided, the gun you're trying to load doesn't exist (target wise i.e. ptrs_zombie) in add_zombie_weapon (or not pretty tired now looking at book while reading this, just fix the KVP and make sure the gun you're trying to set exists in map).

Thanks. I'll give it another look tomorrow.

Double Post Merge: February 26, 2015, 01:35:23 am
I have tested several variables to see if the crash occurred both with and without bams _patch. The only things I tested were things that I changed right between when the map was working and when it first started crashed.

1. Removed Easy FX - Crashed w/ Bam's _patch
                                - Did Not Crash w/o Bam's _patch
2. Removed SetVolFog - Crashed w/ Bam's _patch
3. Removed Skybox - Crashed w/ Bam's _patch

I also added a few missing images, fixed an fx that I misspelled, and some other small tweaks and still had the same result.  :derp:
Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 01:35:23 am by MZslayer11

Loading ...