Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Ok so ive seen various topics on this, none are clear and none fully explain

I can notify CSC from GSC, and I thought my method of doing the reverse was working but it isnt

A few people have told me that using :

Code Snippet
Plaintext
SetClientDvar

"in" csc - will always update the host,, regardless of who its used on, and this was the key to notifying GSC. By setting a 4 players DVARs, and collecting them all off the host in GSC

This however - must not be true, as ive done Iprints, im setting the correct dvar, and waiting in GSC for that DVAR, but its only working for the host - which means SetClientDvar is setting it on each client, and i cant catch that info in GSC

I saw a post by trem saying to use scriptMenuResponse in menu to catch and pass it on - i can find no examples of this used, and absolutely no info on it anywhere

anyone feel like cluing me in? This yet again means my perks are not working properly and now its effect project viking as i passed this faulty code on to redspace

If anyone could explain thatd be great. Saying "just use this" like i keep getting from people isnt helping, you "need" to show me how or say nothing... - to "just fly a spaceship you - just fly it" yknow...

this is the post where trem explains, he only shows the GSC and tells you about scriptMenuResponse - there is no example or explanation how to actually "do" that menu part tho...

https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,6745.msg73637.html#msg73637
Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:24:33 pm by Harry Bo21
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 27 January 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Signature
liamsa669's Groups
liamsa669's Contact & Social Links
I saw a post by trem saying to use menuscriptedresponse in menu to catch and pass it on - i can find no examples of this used, and absolutely no info on it anywhere
he says scriptMenuResponse" not  "menuscriptedresponse"
since ive never looked into this... i can only tell u files too look into
raw\ui\controls_common.inc
raw\ui\popup_leavegame.menu
raw\ui\scriptmenus\invert_axis.menu
raw\ui\scriptmenus\invert_axis_pc.menu
raw\ui\scriptmenus\select_difficulty.menu
raw\ui\scriptmenus\special_features.menu

ill look into it after school if my ark server is still down :troll:
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
he says scriptMenuResponse" not  "menuscriptedresponse"
since ive never looked into this... i can only tell u files too look into
raw\ui\controls_common.inc
raw\ui\popup_leavegame.menu
raw\ui\scriptmenus\invert_axis.menu
raw\ui\scriptmenus\invert_axis_pc.menu
raw\ui\scriptmenus\select_difficulty.menu
raw\ui\scriptmenus\special_features.menu

ill look into it after school if my ark server is still down :troll:
yea typed from memory, have been searching the proper name. Coddmodd just sent me some stuff im looking into aswell but still way over my head
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
He does that, lol.

Have you seen this post?
https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,6745.0.html

oops nvrmd, I see you had it there at the bottom
well it does look like its on the right track, just a bit confusing when your a menu baby

http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_Menu_Modding_Basics
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
come on someones gotta know... people have even stated they have done this...
Date Registered: 27 January 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
liamsa669's Groups
liamsa669's Contact & Social Links
so... if im reading it right, u should have ur csc set 4 dvars for each player (maybe use a for statement to make it the # of players) then set the variable to true or whatevs... then in gsc have a looping check to see if the dvar is true or the designated variable? The only thing that i would think that would mess with ur process is the setting dvar part... If i remember correctly when i was testing dvar stuff, u need to have the dvar defined b4 the game starts, sort of like xmodels. Idk if thats tru or not, its been a while since i last scripted anything in gsc, let alone with dvars.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
so... if im reading it right, u should have ur csc set 4 dvars for each player (maybe use a for statement to make it the # of players) then set the variable to true or whatevs... then in gsc have a looping check to see if the dvar is true or the designated variable? The only thing that i would think that would mess with ur process is the setting dvar part... If i remember correctly when i was testing dvar stuff, u need to have the dvar defined b4 the game starts, sort of like xmodels. Idk if thats tru or not, its been a while since i last scripted anything in gsc, let alone with dvars.
fancy helping me out with that sometime :)

im at a cross roads now, it means the last perk release is broken, so i either need to revert to the old way or fix this

and setDvar doesnt work in csc on clientdvar - which is my issue

Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:38:40 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
I forgot to check my stuff last night to see if I do this at all, I don't think I do, cause I think I always found another way around it, but what liamsa669 said makes sense to try. You say it always updates the host/level, well then give the host/level 4 dvars to check and set then. Just one for each possible player? mydvarplayer1, mydvarplayer2, mydvarplayer3, mydvarplayer4...? Then do whatever you want in gsc... no? That's what he is saying right?
I'm not sure what you are trying to do to suggest any alternatives.
Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:17:02 pm by MakeCents
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
I forgot to check my stuff last night to see if I do this at all, I don't think I do, cause I think I always found another way around it, but what liamsa669 said makes sense to try. You say it always updates the host/level, well then give the host/level 4 dvars to check and set then. Just one for each possible player? mydvarplayer1, mydvarplayer2, mydvarplayer3, mydvarplayer4...? Then do whatever you want in gsc... no? That's what he is saying right?
I'm not sure what you are trying to do to suggest any alternatives.
this is what i thought i was doing before, let me explain

i was told that doing setClientDvar for any player in CSC updates the host, so i had 4 dvars on that host - one for each player, that i was checking in a loop

but setClientDvar actually doesnt and is infact unique to that player ( which makes sense really ) and "setDvar" is a unknown function in CSC - and you cant get client dvars in gsc so im not sure how to go about it basically

pretty much i need player 2 - to be able to update player 1s dvars, or handle it globally, both i cant find a solution for

its really annoying coz every other aspect is working, the timing out, dissapearing when you die, picking it up etc,, just not notifying back so i can reward the player with their free grenades or whatever
Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:33:52 pm by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
this is what i thought i was doing before, let me explain

i was told that doing setClientDvar for any player in CSC updates the host, so i had 4 dvars on that host - one for each player, that i was checking in a loop

but setClientDvar actually doesnt and is infact unique to that player ( which makes sense really ) and "setDvar" is a unknown function in CSC - and you cant get client dvars in gsc so im not sure how to go about it basically

pretty much i need player 2 - to be able to update player 1s dvars, or handle it globally, both i cant find a solution for

its really annoying coz every other aspect is working, the timing out, dissapearing when you die, picking it up etc,, just not notifying back so i can reward the player with their free grenades or whatever

SetDvarBool() seems to be in csc, did you try that? (According to my list of csc functions people have provided)

Hmm, and this has to be done in csc?
Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:42:20 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 11 March 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Signature
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
buttkicker845's Groups
buttkicker845's Contact & Social Links
i never got around to trying this but i have always wondered if you set an entity variable in either gsc or csc will it be visible and be the same value in the opposite. so for instance could you make a variable in csc
Code Snippet
Plaintext
player.reward = "";
realwait(10);//i think realwait is the correct thing for csc
player.reward = "grenades";
and then do a loop in gsc to see when the variable has changed?
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
SetDvarBool() seems to be in csc, did you try that? (According to my list of csc functions people have provided)

Hmm, and this has to be done in csc?
i havent tried that actually, will check it

and no it doesnt "have" to be, but i imagined the performance enhancement behind it amoung other things

like setinvisibletoplayer seems sorta buggy, sometimes itll kill the fx playing on it sometimes it wont, and any mistakes can lead to other people picking them up when they shouldnt, plus in CSC can play sounds to one player only and more

was just looking to improve my vulture and make it manageable for proper use in WAW with less risk - plus call it a personal challenge

weve been talking in chat a lot about the advantages of csc, intrigued me
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
i never got around to trying this but i have always wondered if you set an entity variable in either gsc or csc will it be visible and be the same value in the opposite. so for instance could you make a variable in csc
Code Snippet
Plaintext
player.reward = "";
the gsc wont return that info - cant see it at all for the clients

essentially player.reward would return "undefined" on gscs side
Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:47:46 pm by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
i havent tried that actually, will check it

and no it doesnt "have" to be, but i imagined the performance enhancement behind it amoung other things

like setinvisibletoplayer seems sorta buggy, sometimes itll kill the fx playing on it sometimes it wont, and any mistakes can lead to other people picking them up when they shouldnt, plus in CSC can play sounds to one player only and more

was just looking to improve my vulture and make it manageable for proper use in WAW with less risk - plus call it a personal challenge

weve been talking in chat a lot about the advantages of csc, intrigued me

Lol, okay, okay. I know blunt has made many strides with csc related things if he weighs in here. I've seen him do many player specific/unique things in csc using csc scripts and functions I would never had thought to look in and haven't had the time to learn more about.

I thought it might be for vulture. Other than the fx playing to just one player, I don't see any other advantages to use csc. But I'm sure I didn't think of everything. GSC can play sounds to only one player as well, player playlocalsound I think only plays to the player, and not 3d, unless you meant something else.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
player.reward = "";

According to trem in that post, it goes as far as not even being able to see vars of a struct, if you set it on the csc side and then look at it on the gsc side. mind blown, lol.
Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:56:09 pm by MakeCents
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Lol, okay, okay. I know blunt has made many strides with csc related things if he weighs in here. I've seen him do many player specific/unique things in csc using csc scripts and functions I would never had thought to look in and haven't had the time to learn more about.

I thought it might be for vulture. Other than the fx playing to just one player, I don't see any other advantages to use csc. But I'm sure I didn't think of everything. GSC can play sounds to only one player as well, player playlocalsound I think only plays to the player, and not 3d, unless you meant something else.
some of these things i was unaware of, but the main advantage i was going for is reducing the ent count as the csc ent counts towards a seperate gspawn limit, so i thought would be ideal for four players without limiting how many drops could be around at once

i had used it on widows too btw, and was hoping to find more uses for it - the fx aspect of vulture is the only thing working properly through csc atm
Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:57:40 pm by Harry Bo21

Loading ...