Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Why Not Zoidberg
CanadianTyler's Groups
I am trying to make multiple shooting door trigger. (example - shoot 3 teddy bears and a door will open.) I followed ZK's tutorial for making one trigger. But i'm looking to have more then just one. If anyone knows how to do it let me know :) www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gM7MxdwIwI
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 22 September 2013
Last active: 1 month ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Zombie Mapper and Gamer
Signature
My Custom Zombie Maps:

- Nazi zombie Legion
- City of Hell
- The Abandoned Mine
- The Last Undead House (Finished)

more custom zombie maps coming soon
gamer9294's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
gamer9294's Contact & Social Links
hello TylerGreen,

I can make shootable teddybears and then that a door will be open. :)

best regards,
Gamer9294
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Do you want to learn, or do you just want it? While that script will do the minimum needed to get the player through the door, it doesn't account for the zombies. If you want to learn, then here is some general things you could do:

You will need to use getentarray to get an array of these triggers, and then thread a function on them. Then in that function you will wait for trigger (being damaged), then check if all of them have been shot. There are many ways of doing this, but the easiest is prob to use a level variable, for example, level.doorsshot = 0; After the trigger is shot you will want to delete it and increase that level.doorsshot by 1. Then check if it is >= the amount that you want to shoot before the door opens. Then if it is, use a level notify("opensecretdoor"); or something. Meanwhile you would have another function that gets the door, and waits for the "opensecreddoor" notification. Once it receives this notification you will want to connectpaths on the door, and move the door either according to a script_vector kvp or some other method. If this also opens a new zone, you will want to set the flag for that zone.
Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 12:06:58 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 29 August 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Why Not Zoidberg
CanadianTyler's Groups
While id like to learn how to do it myself, i'm not a scripter. My knowledge of scripting is very low. Just having the scripts would be good for me. I'm not doing anything to complex just shooting a few targets to open a door. If you have a script I could use that would be great :D

Do you want to learn, or do you just want it? While that script will do the minimum needed to get the player through the door, it doesn't account for the zombies. If you want to learn, then here is some general things you could do:

You will need to use getentarray to get an array of these triggers, and then thread a function on them. Then in that function you will wait for trigger (being damaged), then check if all of them have been shot. There are many ways of doing this, but the easiest is prob to use a level variable, for example, level.doorsshot = 0; After the trigger is shot you will want to delete it and increase that level.doorsshot by 1. Then check if it is >= the amount that you want to shoot before the door opens. Then if it is, use a level notify("opensecretdoor"); or something. Meanwhile you would have another function that gets the door, and waits for the "opensecreddoor" notification. Once it receives this notification you will want to connectpaths on the door, and move the door either according to a script_vector kvp or some other method. If this also opens a new zone, you will want to set the flag for that zone.
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
Seems simple enough, I can write 1 up for you real quick. You only want 3 teddies to be shot then the door opens? Also will this be a zone where zombies will spawn in, if so what will be the script_flag. ex enter_zone1?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Seems simple enough, I can write 1 up for you real quick. You only want 3 teddies to be shot then the door opens? Also will this be a zone where zombies will spawn in, if so what will be the script_flag. ex enter_zone1?

If you do write one, try to use the array size for the count so it doesn't matter how many he ends up using. Also it will be helpful if you use the door or the triggers to set the flag... so most of the work or specific things will be in radiant.... Just suggestions
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Why Not Zoidberg
CanadianTyler's Groups
Thanks that would be awesome!! Teddies were just an example. I'm making a custom model to shoot at. Its called a Cylon Transponder (picture here - https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3303/3207201773_6a8a35c57d.jpg )
Id like to have 5 or 6 of them in the map. Once you shoot them all a door will open, and you can buy the end game in there. It will not be a new zone. The zombies will not be spawning in there. But Id like them to still be able to follow you into the room.

THANKS

Date Registered: 24 February 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
josemassacre's Groups
josemassacre's Contact & Social Links
Thanks that would be awesome!! Teddies were just an example. I'm making a custom model to shoot at. Its called a Cylon Transponder (picture here - https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3303/3207201773_6a8a35c57d.jpg )
Id like to have 5 or 6 of them in the map. Once you shoot them all a door will open, and you can buy the end game in there. It will not be a new zone. The zombies will not be spawning in there. But Id like them to still be able to follow you into the room.

THANKS
Like makecents said zks tutorial kinda glitch out the zombies. There is a tut that comes with already made teddy prefabs, I'm almost certain is on here if not zm. But it comes with the script set up for a door(which is really big so I didn't use it) three bears and a script set up for the three but you can add more easily by copying the script for one teddy and changing the kyp numbers on it for more and change how many bears it takes to open one door which is just changing 3 to let's say 5. It's really simple. I don't have a PC right now so i can't search for the tut but it does exisit.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
There is a tut that comes with already made teddy prefabs, I'm almost certain is on here if not zm. But it comes with the script set up for a door(which is really big so I didn't use it) three bears and a script set up for the three but you can add more easily by copying the script for one teddy and changing the kyp numbers on it for more and change how many bears it takes to open one door which is just changing 3 to let's say 5.

If your talking about this, http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2880.0, it also doesn't connectpaths for the zombies, and is in some serious need of updating, lol. I wrote that sooo long ago. I would not use that now, unless it was your only option. Everything can be done much more dynamically, easier, and prettier. I should probably update that now... or just ask that it be deleted,  :-\  lol.
Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:56:26 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 24 February 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
josemassacre's Groups
josemassacre's Contact & Social Links
If your talking about this, http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2880.0, it also doesn't connectpaths for the zombies, and is in some serious need of updating, lol. I wrote that sooo long ago. I would not use that now, unless it was your only option. Everything can be done much more dynamically, easier, and prettier. I should probably update that now... or just ask that it be deleted,  :-\  lol.
Lol I'm not honestly sure but whatever one I used didn't mess up the zombies or anything so it worked for me lol but I feel you. I'm getting interwebs again on the 7th and I'm gonna go hard on learning to script just so I don't have to always beg for scripts lol
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Why Not Zoidberg
CanadianTyler's Groups

Have you written a script yet ?
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
Have you written a script yet ?

Sorry, been busy with real life stuff over the past few days. In fact, I dont have much time to map/script these days, so if someone else can help you that will be super. If not, I will try to get to it as soon as I can
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Why Not Zoidberg
CanadianTyler's Groups
Sorry, been busy with real life stuff over the past few days. In fact, I dont have much time to map/script these days, so if someone else can help you that will be super. If not, I will try to get to it as soon as I can

HAHA that's ok, Real life is more important. I'll get someone else to help thanks.
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Why Not Zoidberg
CanadianTyler's Groups
Hey MakeCents, thezombiekilla6 can't make this anymore. Is there anyway you could help me do it ? I can't find anyone else that knows how.

Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Hey MakeCents, thezombiekilla6 can't make this anymore. Is there anyway you could help me do it ? I can't find anyone else that knows how.

I'm swamped man, but this is pretty simple so I'll see if I get time to splice it into my other stuff this weekend. If I do I'll post a link here or pm you.

Loading ...