by Deleted User
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
So anyone know if it is possible to write to a file in GSC or CSC

I know you can read from a CSV file in GSC using TableLookUp as this is how i have done my weapons system (yes i know to it doesnt read the whole file just finds the file contens at the specifed spot but still its reading the file)

EDIT: Just to note i do know that the following functions do exist but they are dev only functions (require you to be in dev mode for them to work) and i am asking if there is a way out of dev mode

Code Snippet
Plaintext
CloseFile(); // Closes the files write stream
FGetArg(); // Gets the contents of the file at the specified index
FPrintFields(); // Writes to the file in a CSV type manor
FPrintLn(); // Writes one line to the file
FReadLn(); // Reads one line from the file
OpenFile(); // Opens the file write stream
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
So anyone know if it is possible to write to a file in GSC or CSC

I know you can read from a CSV file in GSC using TableLookUp as this is how i have done my weapons system (yes i know to it doesnt read the whole file just finds the file contens at the specifed spot but still reading)

I'd message blunt if he don't post here. I think he does it with his ranking system on the realism mod. I don't "know" of how to do it. Maybe savegame has something to do with it?

http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_4:_Scripting_Reference_-_Save::SaveGame
Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:54:28 pm by MakeCents
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
I'd message blunt if he don't post here. I think he does it with his ranking system on the realism mod. I don't "know" of how to do it. Maybe savegame has something to do with it?

http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_4:_Scripting_Reference_-_Save::SaveGame
I know how Blunt is doing the realism mod he is some how saving the ranks and stuff you earn to a CSV just like the old Realism mod but im not quite sure how he is doing it as all the times ive tried the game crashed saying "you need dev to get return value of this function prior to game start" or it just didnt work plain as day

ive looked through the old Realism mod code but sadly no luck :(
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I know how Blunt is doing the realism mod he is some how saving the ranks and stuff you earn to a CSV just like the old Realism mod but im not quite sure how he is doing it as all the times ive tried the game crashed saying "you need dev to get return value of this function prior to game start" or it just didnt work plain as day

ive looked through the old Realism mod code but sadly no luck :(

Does it work if you start the map in dev mode? Maybe that is how its done?
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
It does work but if thats how Blunts doing it then all games played with the Realism mod will be played in dev mode which to me sounds like a bad idea and can cause twice the amount of errors so less people will play it cause of how "buggy" it is

EDIT: and the player who wants to play the game will have to rember to put it in to dev mode since it has to be set prior to game start so normal players (non modders) who want to play cant or have to look up how to start the game

Double Post Merge: November 18, 2015, 09:21:05 pm
I prob didnt make this clear but im trying to find out if it works out of dev mode (i know it works in dev mode)
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
I'm not using any of those functions for the Realism-mod. I use the .csv table's to retrieve available attachments/unlock levels/cost etc from, and functions allready in waw to save/load the stats.

I'm not sure if you can use read/write-file functions outside dev-mode. I wouldn't know how to..
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
EDIT: and the player who wants to play the game will have to rember to put it in to dev mode since it has to be set prior to game start so normal players (non modders) who want to play cant or have to look up how to start the game
I'm sure easily done in menu, but I see it isn't what you are going for.

I prob didnt make this clear but im trying to find out if it works out of dev mode (i know it works in dev mode)

Okay.

I'm not using any of those functions for the Realism-mod. I use the .csv table's to retrieve available attachments/unlock levels/cost etc from, and functions allready in waw to save/load the stats.

I'm not sure if you can use read/write-file functions outside dev-mode. I wouldn't know how to..

Hmmm, interesting. I will have to look into this one day... I to am interested in how that works.
Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:36:16 pm by MakeCents
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser

might i ask what these functions are called? i know TableLookUp for getting the CSV stuff but how are you saving / loading stats?
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
BluntStuffy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
You can use getstat() and setstat() They are in _zombiemode and _challenges_coop for example
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Can't use developer functions outside of developer mode. That's the whole point lol. Anyway I was thinking of disabling it in T4M but it can will cause a bunch of other script related issues.

Loading ...