UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Characters from other languages in hintstrings?

broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by Psych
Date Registered: 19 August 2012
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Mapper
Signature
Maker of Contrivance
Psych's Groups
Psych's Contact & Social Links
So I am scripting Easter eggs right now and I was going to make use of a translator style device but I have come to find (not a surprise because it would not make sense to already be included) that I cannot put Japanese characters in hint-strings it just returns a "." in game. I have thought about it and I am not sure how this would work. I do not know a lot about fonts so if anyone has any wild ideas I am down to try and make a tutorial on it afterwards. Thanks a head of time!  :D

characters example: 晴耕雨読
RadihaX
Date Registered: 2 September 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Overrun
Lockdown
Overrun (Black Ops Mod)
Snowglobe
Leviathan
Abandoned School
Ski Resort
Leviathan Redux
JBird632's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
JBird632's Contact & Social LinksJBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632Mapper
You would have to create your own font to do this, which is insanely difficult without an actual tool.
That or just replace some of the unused characters in the existing font image with your symbols (so long as there aren't too many) this is what I did in the Black Ops mod to get the Xbox X symbol in the hintstring.
Date Registered: 19 August 2012
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Mapper
Psych's Groups
Psych's Contact & Social Links
You would have to create your own font to do this, which is insanely difficult without an actual tool.
That or just replace some of the unused characters in the existing font image with your symbols (so long as there aren't too many) this is what I did in the Black Ops mod to get the Xbox X symbol in the hintstring.

hmmm interesting. Glad to know it is actually possible but it probably isn't plausible for what I wanted to do as far as replacing existing characters goes. Might have to find a different solution  :( Thanks for the help J
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
You could use images instead also, using menu for hinstrings to set the images, with two itemdefs, one for the images and one for the hintstring, using the same clientdvar for both probably, just modified in gsc for which one to show, based on another clientdvar prob. One would be visible when it wasn't translated, and one would be visible when they translated it.
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Would actually spit out garbage iirc scripts are read as ASCII so it can only read characters that belong to that. Input a character and you'll see what it spits out random garbage instead of a broken character.

Loading ...