Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
So any way to get that 130 points when you have insta-kill powerup. just like in the black ops series ?
Thanks! ;D .
Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:35:19 am by Tim Smith
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 30 December 2012
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
My preferred name is "xSanchez78".
Check me out here: www.steamcommunity.com/id/xSanchez78
alaurenc9's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
alaurenc9's Contact & Social LinksxSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78
Oh yeah in black ops insta kill it would actually define the damage MOD, where as in WaW the damage mod is set to unknown for the extra insta kill damage so the points always end up being 50, and for some reason they decide to double the insta kill points so that is why you only see +100 for insta kill kills. I'll look into this real quick.

Ok found the answer. In _zombiemode_spawner.gsc under zombie_damage() and zombie_damage_ads() functions, replace
Code Snippet
Plaintext
self thread maps\_zombiemode_powerups::check_for_instakill( player );
with
Code Snippet
Plaintext
self thread maps\_zombiemode_powerups::check_for_instakill( player, mod, hit_location );
Then in _zombiemode_powerups.gsc, replace the whole check_for_instakill() function with this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
check_for_instakill( player, mod, hit_location )
{
if( IsDefined( player ) && IsAlive( player ) && level.zombie_vars[ "zombie_insta_kill" ] )
{
if( is_magic_bullet_shield_enabled( self ) )
{
return;
}
if( self.animname == "boss_zombie" )
{
return;
}
if( player.use_weapon_type == "MOD_MELEE" )
{
player.last_kill_method = "MOD_MELEE";
}
else
{
player.last_kill_method = "MOD_UNKNOWN";
}
modName = remove_mod_from_methodofdeath( mod );
if( flag( "dog_round" ) )
{
self DoDamage( self.health + 666, self.origin, player, undefined, modName, hit_location );
player notify( "zombie_killed" );
}
else
{
self maps\_zombiemode_spawner::zombie_head_gib();
self DoDamage( self.health + 666, self.origin, player, undefined, modName, hit_location );
}
}
}
Then in _zombiemode_utility.gsc, add this function in somewhere:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
remove_mod_from_methodofdeath( mod )
{
modStrings = StrTok( mod, "_" );
modName = "";
for( i = 1; i < modStrings.size; i ++ )
{
modName += modStrings[i];
}
return modName;
}
Then you should get the right amount of points for insta kill deaths. Can someone confirm this works so I can make it into a tutorial?
Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 12:47:54 pm by alaurenc9
Date Registered: 27 March 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
JIGGLYPUFF used SING! YOU fell asleep!
Signature
Soy-Yo's Groups
Soy-Yo's Contact & Social LinksSoy-yoElCerdoRey
What I did was add this line in the check_for_instakill() function alaurenc said and it works:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
if(player.use_weapon_type == "MOD_MELEE")
{
            // Soy-yo's 130 points when knifing fix:
                player maps\_zombiemode_score::add_to_player_score( 20 *  level.zombie_vars[ "zombie_point_scalar" ] );
}
It's a shitty way, probably alaurenc's would be better, but it works. Mine gives you +100, +10 and +20 on hud, maybe his gives +130, don't know.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
alaurenc9's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
alaurenc9's Contact & Social LinksxSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78
Mine actually makes the game think you need 130 points for a melee by actually telling the game the MeansOfDeath and hit location, just like a normal damage. This is the BO1 script BTW, so it should work. But I would still like someone to test it before I make a tutorial out of it.
Pragmatist
Date Registered: 9 May 2015
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Fish. That is all
Signature
Sidzzz's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Sidzzz's Contact & Social LinkssidzzzzzzS1dzzzS1dzzzSidzzzSidTheGamer126
Odd. Rather than creating the proposed effect, Insta-Kill now seems to simply purge the zombies' head leaving the zombie to linger for a few seconds before perishing on his own. While the head is off, there is no standard rapid succession of 10 points either.

Mine actually makes the game think you need 130 points for a melee by actually telling the game the MeansOfDeath and hit location, just like a normal damage. This is the BO1 script BTW, so it should work. But I would still like someone to test it before I make a tutorial out of it.
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Spoiler: click to open...
Oh yeah in black ops insta kill it would actually define the damage MOD, where as in WaW the damage mod is set to unknown for the extra insta kill damage so the points always end up being 50, and for some reason they decide to double the insta kill points so that is why you only see +100 for insta kill kills. I'll look into this real quick.

Ok found the answer. In _zombiemode_spawner.gsc under zombie_damage() and zombie_damage_ads() functions, replace
Code Snippet
Plaintext
self thread maps\_zombiemode_powerups::check_for_instakill( player );
with
Code Snippet
Plaintext
self thread maps\_zombiemode_powerups::check_for_instakill( player, mod, hit_location );
Then in _zombiemode_powerups.gsc, replace the whole check_for_instakill() function with this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
check_for_instakill( player, mod, hit_location )
{
if( IsDefined( player ) && IsAlive( player ) && level.zombie_vars[ "zombie_insta_kill" ] )
{
if( is_magic_bullet_shield_enabled( self ) )
{
return;
}
if( self.animname == "boss_zombie" )
{
return;
}
if( player.use_weapon_type == "MOD_MELEE" )
{
}
else
{
player.last_kill_method = "MOD_UNKNOWN";
}
modName = remove_mod_from_methodofdeath( mod );
if( flag( "dog_round" ) )
{
}
else
{
self maps\_zombiemode_spawner::zombie_head_gib();
}
}
}
Then in _zombiemode_utility.gsc, add this function in somewhere:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
remove_mod_from_methodofdeath( mod )
{
modStrings = StrTok( mod, "_" );
modName = "";
for( i = 1; i < modStrings.size; i ++ )
{
modName += modStrings[i];
}
return modName;
}
Then you should get the right amount of points for insta kill deaths. Can someone confirm this works so I can make it into a tutorial?
So you're saying this will make me get 130 points when knifing a zombie in instakill ? Testing now thou.

Double Post Merge: April 19, 2016, 05:26:17 pm
Edit : Tested Now and didn't work. did as you said and when i knife a zombie in instakill it just pop it's head and he keeps walking. knifed him again it killed him and  give me 130 for a kill.
Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 05:27:47 pm by Tim Smith
Marked as best answer by Tim Smith 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
alaurenc9's Groups
So you're saying this will make me get 130 points when knifing a zombie in instakill ? Testing now thou.

Double Post Merge: April 19, 2016, 05:26:17 pm
Edit : Tested Now and didn't work. did as you said and when i knife a zombie in instakill it just pop it's head and he keeps walking. knifed him again it killed him and  give me 130 for a kill.
Odd. Rather than creating the proposed effect, Insta-Kill now seems to simply purge the zombies' head leaving the zombie to linger for a few seconds before perishing on his own. While the head is off, there is no standard rapid succession of 10 points either.

Means the DoDamage is failing. Try taking out hit_location. This means that all kills will end up as 50 points unless you melee, then it will be 130. Idk if that will be a good solution though. It does give the 130 on melee but everything else will be just 50.
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Perfect! Thanks it worked perfectly!
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
alaurenc9's Groups
Perfect! Thanks it worked perfectly!
Well again it does do the melee points but since apparently WaW's DoDamage does not support hit_location argument which I didn't think it did anyways, now all other killing just gives 50 points on insta kill. So in terms of what you wanted, yes it is perfect. In terms of matching Black Ops, it is not perfect. Just saying.

Loading ...