Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
IHammY/'s Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Well every one of you guys who has ever ported a gun form bo2 or bo1 has most likely noticed that the guns dont have the shine and reflection effects they had in the original games and you just accepted it thinking: "Well waw couldnt handle those reflections  :(" BUT waw is indeed capable of having reflections looking almost exactly like bo2´s.
Well now you are most likeley like "Whats he talking about just applying a specmap looks weird o.O" but its not just applying a spec map.
In order to get those epic reflections you are going to have to use the cosine powermap and env mapping funktions in asset manager. In interest of time im just adding pictures of about what those images will look like. (my example is the msmc)
Color Map (format: .dds):
_-gmtl_t6_wpn_smg_msmc_col.dds

Normal Map (format .tga):
mtl_t6_wpn_smg_msmc_nml.tga !!IMPORTANT!! Bo1 and ghostsexports dont have those bule-ish normal maps. The green and grey colored ones wont work. To get those to work look for a normalmap plugin for whatever image editing programm you are using.

Detail Normal Map (format .tga):
Not used for guns.
Specular Color Map (format .tga):
__-gmtl_t6_wpn_smg_msmc_spc-r_19c19d50.tga

Cosine Power Map (format .tga):
__-gmtl_t6_wpn_smg_msmc_env-r_19c19d50.tga !!Important!! This image is most likeley not included and youll have to make it yourself!! The way you do this is open the Specular Color Map delete the alpha channel make it a black-white image and export it using another name. (also tweak the brightness of it until you are happy with it (this is really bright for bo2 lookalike effects))

Env Mapping (format no image):
Well if you have properly followed this tutorial and looked at the gun after each step you have probably noticed that the gun is way to reflective after you applied the Cosine Power Map. And that is where the Env Mapping kicks in. This allows you to tweak how strong the reflections of the Cosine Power Map will appear. Tweak the Env Mapping and the Cosine Power Map untill you are happy with your gun.

Now to sum this up you get a look at the msmc that I proted for this tutorial:

This is how the msmc you ported probably looked like:
http://youtu.be/MX0AFMqNthQ

And this is the one I proted:
http://youtu.be/9UP9jpgZJ00

I really hope this helps alot of you guys.
Thanks for reading
-IHammy

Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:49:01 pm by IHammY/
broken avatar :(
  • n123q45
  • Deleted Member
n123q45
This user is deleted :(
remember spec maps and normal maps must be tga not dds or else asset manager will have a fit
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
I've never seen much different on environment image used :/

Also wrong place :D
Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 04:15:19 pm by DidUknowiPwn
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
remember spec maps and normal maps must be tga not dds or else asset manager will have a fit

Normal Map (format .tga):

Detail Normal Map (format .tga):

Cosine Power Map (format .tga):

...?
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Textures look nice and good tut +1, however I personally find the numerous gaps and holes in most BO2 models (for instance down the sides of the MSMC in your video) more annoying and would prioritise fixing those before trying to get the gun looking nice and shiny  :P
Date Registered: 5 April 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
IHammY/'s Groups
Textures look nice and good tut +1, however I personally find the numerous gaps and holes in most BO2 models (for instance down the sides of the MSMC in your video) more annoying and would prioritise fixing those before trying to get the gun looking nice and shiny  :P
I´m aware of those gaps tho this is a issue that needs to be fixed in maya wich i am not experienced enought with to seriously do anything but bind the models...
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
I´m aware of those gaps tho this is a issue that needs to be fixed in maya wich i am not experienced enought with to seriously do anything but bind the models...
Those are caused by converter discarding some tris on the model.
You can "average" the tris in maya it may or may not help.

Loading ...