Created 6 years ago
by Deleted User
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Is it possible to spawn a AI soldier with a model from the game files like "Xmodels" folder for example? I noticed its not possible to change there model in-game but i noticed that there is a button to the right in the KvPs for changing the model of an actor/AI however doing so does nothing at all. So is there a way to do this?
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Solved!
Date Registered: 20 September 2013
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
No code is bug free
Signature
My published cod maps:

Subzero
Djinncaves
Enclosed (a.k.a baconcube)
Bayern
Snowblind
Furtrelock

Black Ops Perks: https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/scripts/55/call-of-duty-world-at-war-black-ops-perks/22180/
gympie6's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
gympie6's Contact & Social LinksTheRevenantSkullTeffrieTeffrieGympie5#5971
Solved!

It's great you solved it but can you post the solution about this question?
Maybe someone has the same question and wants to learn about this.
Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 07:03:04 am by gympie6
Date Registered: 5 August 2016
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
ColdShrimp2's Groups
ColdShrimp2's Contact & Social Links
It's great you solved it but can you post the solution about this question?
Maybe someone has the same question and wants to learn about this.
Create a new character gsc & csv file and set the model to the model(s) you want(has to have the correct joints), put them in a folder called "character" in your mod folder. Then create a new folder called "aitype". Find the aitype you want from raw>aitype and copy paste it to your aitype folder in your mod and change the character it links to it to the one you previously made.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Create a new character gsc & csv file and set the model to the model(s) you want(has to have the correct joints), put them in a folder called "character" in your mod folder. Then create a new folder called "aitype". Find the aitype you want from raw>aitype and copy paste it to your aitype folder in your mod and change the character it links to it to the one you previously made.
Exactly what he said
Date Registered: 11 March 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Signature
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
buttkicker845's Groups
buttkicker845's Contact & Social Links
I noticed its not possible to change there model in-game

You can actually change the model via script, that's all a character file does is sets the model. You just need to preCache the model before using it.

but i noticed that there is a button to the right in the KvPs for changing the model of an actor/AI however doing so does nothing at all.

Did you include the model in your .csv?
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
You can actually change the model via script, that's all a character file does is sets the model. You just need to preCache the model before using it.

Did you include the model in your .csv?
Huh...i never knew you could do that! no i did not include the model in the csv. What do i put for that? xmodel, modelnamehere? also does it require a script?
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Huh...i never knew you could do that! no i did not include the model in the csv. What do i put for that? xmodel, modelnamehere? also does it require a script?
does it require a script - to change a model via script?

hmm
Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 08:00:28 pm by Harry Bo21
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
does it require a script - to change a model via script?

hmm
Ok no one asked for your sarcasm. thanks. And i was asking if it requires a script because he made it seem like you don't and you could just precache the model in and then change it in radiant. So i apologize
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
respect the dead

donates greatly appreciated :) paypal.me/F3ARxReaper666
discord server:
https://discord.gg/tsGHW99
death_reaper0's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Ok no one asked for your sarcasm. thanks. And i was asking if it requires a script because he made it seem like you don't and you could just precache the model in and then change it in radiant. So i apologize
but precaching is done in a script  ???
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
and he never said anything about radiant

radiant is for mapping bro...
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
and he never said anything about radiant

radiant is for mapping bro...
I am talking about the KVPS...bro....

And plus...im not trying to offend anyone so sorry i don't know much about scripting or anything...god. I swear it feels like i can never ask for help here.
Date Registered: 11 March 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
buttkicker845's Groups
buttkicker845's Contact & Social Links

And plus...im not trying to offend anyone so sorry i don't know much about scripting or anything...god. I swear it feels like i can never ask for help here.

In order to use the KVP my guess is you would have to include the model in your .csv. Although as far as I can find there isn't a KVP for changing the AI model in radiant

As for changing via script the others are correct, preCache is done via script before _load::Main() is called and the model has to be included in your .csv

So in short if you aren't specifically placing a model into the world in radiant it needs to be included in the .csv file
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups

which would still not make sense because he said "by scripting it" not "by setting kvps in radiant"
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
which would still not make sense because he said "by scripting it" not "by setting kvps in radiant"

Ok..chill the hell out man. I am new to scripting alright? No need to be a smart ass.

Also in Radiant there is a KVP called model for the actor. It is set to there default model and you can click the box with the three dots and it would bring up the xmodel folder ( if you set it to it ) and you could select a model..However it does not work at all....So my apologies for being to dumb to find a script for this Harry...More importantly i never knew you need to have a script for changing models. I am just simply looking for assistance with this...And if someone could give a script to use for changing AI/Actor models would be HIGHLY appreciated and i would make sure to credit the person in my maps when using the scripts.

Loading ...