Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
TDawg262's Groups
TDawg262's Contact & Social Links
Hello,

Okay, so I don't know if I should really be asking this here, but since this is a modding website I thought I would...

So recently I got back into playing waw multiplayer again and I discovered the Pezbot mod (I know, it's been out for awhile...) and I have been having some fun messing around with it by myself. Now since I'm playing offline in a way, I was wondering how I would go about editing the weapon files in multiplayer so that I could change the sounds, as well as maybe change the weapon overall.

The reason why is because I want to try and switch around some of the weapons that have better versions of themselves, as well as edit their firing and reload sounds, so that the weapons would look, feel, and sound more proper. An example of this would be to change the Original MP40, to the MP40 that is in Black ops 2 Origins, or Change the Thompson to the M1927 that is in Mob Of The Dead from BO2.

This shouldn't be to hard to do, as their are ported weapons already from the other call of duties found in the various custom zombie maps, but I could be wrong, that's why I am asking...

Any help would be much appreciated!
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 20 September 2013
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
No code is bug free
Signature
My published cod maps:

Subzero
Djinncaves
Enclosed (a.k.a baconcube)
Bayern
Snowblind
Furtrelock

Black Ops Perks: https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/scripts/55/call-of-duty-world-at-war-black-ops-perks/22180/
gympie6's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
gympie6's Contact & Social LinksTheRevenantSkullTeffrieTeffrieGympie5#5971
Hello,

Okay, so I don't know if I should really be asking this here, but since this is a modding website I thought I would...

So recently I got back into playing waw multiplayer again and I discovered the Pezbot mod (I know, it's been out for awhile...) and I have been having some fun messing around with it by myself. Now since I'm playing offline in a way, I was wondering how I would go about editing the weapon files in multiplayer so that I could change the sounds, as well as maybe change the weapon overall.

The reason why is because I want to try and switch around some of the weapons that have better versions of themselves, as well as edit their firing and reload sounds, so that the weapons would look, feel, and sound more proper. An example of this would be to change the Original MP40, to the MP40 that is in Black ops 2 Origins, or Change the Thompson to the M1927 that is in Mob Of The Dead from BO2.

This shouldn't be to hard to do, as their are ported weapons already from the other call of duties found in the various custom zombie maps, but I could be wrong, that's why I am asking...

Any help would be much appreciated!
 From my experience it isn't possible to change the damage or other stats of the weapon it self but it is possible to change the sounds and camos. I think everything can be found in the root/main folder.

I know that in cod4 it is also possible to change the weapon model itself but I don't know if this is also possible for cod waw. That is something I will look up for ya. I will update this answer when I have more news.
Date Registered: 18 March 2016
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
TDawg262's Groups
TDawg262's Contact & Social Links
From my experience it isn't possible to change the damage or other stats of the weapon it self but it is possible to change the sounds and camos. I think everything can be found in the root/main folder.

I know that in cod4 it is also possible to change the weapon model itself but I don't know if this is also possible for cod waw. That is something I will look up for ya. I will update this answer when I have more news.
 Alright, sounds good, thank you for the reply!
Date Registered: 20 September 2013
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
No code is bug free
gympie6's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
gympie6's Contact & Social LinksTheRevenantSkullTeffrieTeffrieGympie5#5971
Alright, sounds good, thank you for the reply!
Okeey I did some research, it seems the only way to replace weapons is by making your own multiplayer mod on your own cod waw server. 
I never done this before and it looks like there are no tutorials about how to do it. Atleast I couldn't find one.

But for the camo's/skins I have better news.
If you know the image name of the texture you can simply replace it in the root/main in one of the IWD files or you can create an IWD file on your own.

For example you can download a weapon skin here: http://cfgfactory.com/downloads/game/WAW

I also saw this video on youtube but I think there are too many unnecessary parts, the dds to iwi converter should be enough:

For singleplayer however you can customize your own weapons and skins for example zombies.
Don't forget when you use the mod you also have to share it with your friends otherwise they can't join your game.
I think about the last part there are some tutorials on UGX or Zombiemodding about making a mod for Nacht der Untoten.

I hope this anwsers your question.

Loading ...