My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Can't play Orbit in full screen. It used to be only when you play coop it wouldn't play fullscreen, but now not even solo. My mod file is 472mb. My meminfo while in windowed mode is:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
meminfo
10485760 bytes total hunk

408248 low permanent

251328 high permanent

659576 total hunk in use
$init               10.3
common              41.5
patch                2.1
nazi_zombie_orbit_   1.3
free physical      106.8
nazi_zombie_orbit  137.7
localized_nazi_zom  10.7
mod                 94.5
code_post_gfx        1.1
------------------------

From what I understand my free physical is what is telling me I have plenty of room, mem wise.

It gets to the screen that says press any key to start and if you do, it crashes waw, sometimes before you get to that it crashes. Any ideas? I think I fixed it before my removing some models. I've since added two models, and some materials, and just modified scripts and added brushes to map. I removed  a bunch of models and images but it didn't help this time.

Here is map details:

My console logfile changes and doesn't really appear to tell me enough, but I think I did get a small out of memory popup box one time, but only one time and it was doing other weird stuff too, like selecting a different mod, lol, waw.

So I'm starting to think it isn't memory but if my issue is memory, then where would be the best place to start to fix that?

Coop works fine, after my laptop has time to warm up, but it literally won't work until it has been running for about 20 minutes, before that it black screens and lags horribly, maybe not related to my issue, and just the laptops issue.

If all is said and done and can't be fixed, can I just set the players game to windowed and set the resolution in menu, and if so, would I do that during the mod load or during the map load, and how?

Edit: Update, I deleted half the map and it worked. So either its too many models, too large, or too many brushes, or something. Will take a while, but I guess I'll try to delete sections until I isolate the issue. I will try the info_nulls next cause I thought there was a 60 limit on those, and I have 72, all linked to lights.
Update: delete info nulls to be under 60 didn't fix it.

Double Post Merge: December 06, 2015, 03:10:48 am
Update, put 16gb ram in pc, instead of the 8 it had, today, and now it plays full screen. Any relation to the issue, or just waw being waw? Coop still won't play in full screen though, but single player will. Well I played another map for a bit, and went back to try orbit fullscreen again, and again it doesn't work. wtf.
Started it again and changed my graphics from
1440X900 to  1920 X1080 and it worked. 1600X900 worked also

Update:
Edit: Turns out that just changing my graphics>video mode to anything and hitting apply makes it work. I don't know why. Removing models seems to have helped and on some pc's I don't have to do this, but on lower end ones I do. But I deleted models down to about 2000 and still had the issue. I also moved some of the maps around, not sure if that has helped, but I will not be moving them again, lol, since it's working fairly good now.
Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:29:28 pm by MakeCents
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 22 September 2013
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Zombie Mapper and Gamer
Signature
My Custom Zombie Maps:

- Nazi zombie Legion
- City of Hell
- The Abandoned Mine
- The Last Undead House (Finished)

more custom zombie maps coming soon
gamer9294's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
gamer9294's Contact & Social Links
Hi MakeCents,

I have seen the picture about the map details.

you reached the model limit.

the model limit is:

I have the same issue with the models and that is very annoying.

I don't know if you have tried to make a new map, then in radiant copy a part into the new one and checks when it will crash or something else that looks not normal, then next part adding into it and check then if it works again. (I know it will be alot of work to do)

hope that you can fix the map ;)

Best Regards,
Gamer9294
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Hi MakeCents,

I have seen the picture about the map details.

you reached the model limit.

the model limit is:

I have the same issue with the models and that is very annoying.

I don't know if you have tried to make a new map, then in radiant copy a part into the new one and checks when it will crash or something else that looks not normal, then next part adding into it and check then if it works again. (I know it will be alot of work to do)

hope that you can fix the map ;)

Best Regards,
Gamer9294

Thanks. Models were one of the things I was going to try, but didn't have a specific goal number, so now I will try to get it below that number. I've had problems in radiant as well with models, and being able to see them unless I looked at them at a certain angle, lol.
Date Registered: 22 September 2013
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Zombie Mapper and Gamer
gamer9294's Groups
gamer9294's Contact & Social Links
Thanks. Models were one of the things I was going to try, but didn't have a specific goal number, so now I will try to get it below that number. I've had problems in radiant as well with models, and being able to see them unless I looked at them at a certain angle, lol.

no problem ;)

okay that is weird man,  I hope that it will works better than ;)

Best regards,
Gamer9294
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Update. I can play full screen, even on my laptop! What I have to do, even to play windowed on the laptop, is change my graphics video mode. I have change it to the same thing it already is but I have to change it and apply. Once I do that, it will play in full screen.

So, any ideas of why? Any ideas to automate that fix? Can I make it do that when the mod loads or when the game starts?
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Update. I can play full screen, even on my laptop! What I have to do, even to play windowed on the laptop, is change my graphics video mode. I have change it to the same thing it already is but I have to change it and apply. Once I do that, it will play in full screen.

So, any ideas of why? Any ideas to automate that fix? Can I make it do that when the mod loads or when the game starts?
tried reinstalling drivers?

also is this problem onl effecting you, or anyone trying it?
Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 02:49:03 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
tried reinstalling drivers?

also is this problem onl effecting you, or anyone trying it?

Its every pc its played on. Coop included.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Its every pc its played on. Coop included.
have you tested this solution on other PCs too?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
have you tested this solution on other PCs too?

Yes sir. Just did a test between laptop and tower, individually, then in coop. It either crashed or did that super slow mo black screen every time on the laptop and sometimes played on the pc depending if I was using eyefinity or individual displays. Running eyefinity actually keeps it from crashing... on the tower, which is another new discovery. The laptop is getting an out of memory error every so often too, which is strange.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Yes sir. Just did a test between laptop and tower, individually, then in coop. It either crashed or did that super slow mo black screen every time on the laptop and sometimes played on the pc depending if I was using eyefinity or individual displays. Running eyefinity actually keeps it from crashing... on the tower, which is another new discovery. The laptop is getting an out of memory error every so often too, which is strange.
that is one mega weird issue aint it lol

How bout if running with T4M? Or via lanfix?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
that is one mega weird issue aint it lol

How bout if running with T4M? Or via lanfix?

Tried with and without T4m, no difference. Been at it for months.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Tried with and without T4m, no difference. Been at it for months.
when you sa change your graphics mode

you mean the ingame settings dont ya?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
when you sa change your graphics mode

you mean the ingame settings dont ya?

Yup: VIDEO MODE I just change it, can be the same thing, then apply and it will work on all pc's tested so far that didn't play it any other time I tried.

Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Yup: VIDEO MODE I just change it, can be the same thing, then apply and it will work on all pc's tested so far that didn't play it any other time I tried.
(Image removed from quote.)
tried comparing your player config file before and after the change?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
tried comparing your player config file before and after the change?

Just did a comparison on each pc. Before, during, and after, they are all the same unless I switch to windowed of course, then those specific things change. Perhaps I need to look into what actually is happening, if anything else, when the video mode is applied?

Loading ...