or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - TGMKTheII

Almost had a stroke reading this.  :gusta:
6 years ago
lol you mean "caulk" not "chalk" lol

I figured he meant caulk but he said chalk so I was just like what the fuck is that - I'll go with it anyway  :please:

Thanks by the way FanMagic.
Harry, nice to see you unbanned :P
6 years ago
Make sure that you have a lightgrid volume, a skybox and a chalkbox around your map with a sky texture on it. Maybe it has something to do with one of these things. But i'm not sure, i'm better in scripting than in mapping  ::)

Lightgrid - Check. CAULKbox - Nope. Skybox - Check.

6 years ago
Hi.

Back again with another topic  :please:

My lighting in the map is hella weird, my foliage and other brushes are totally pitch black unless I have other textured brushes surrounding it, like a box. Anyone know why this is going on?
6 years ago
Quick tut on how to change your starting weapon. I know WaW is old and nobody cares anymore, but I still see the tut's and help desk/zombie maps viewed a lot so why not?

If you're at all reading this, congrats, you're making a map in a game that's about 10 years old. Yay. So am I.

1. First step, navigate to your Call of Duty World at War root/raw/maps and find the _loadout.gsc file. Right click on the .gsc, COPY, navigate to your mods/mapname/maps and paste.

2. Right click, open with Notepad (Notepad++), whatever, and use the search bar (or just scroll through) until you find this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
//Zombiemode loadout. If you aren't making a zombie map then you can define your level.script and add a check above.
add_weapon( "zombie_colt" );
PrecacheItem( "napalmblob" );
PrecacheItem( "napalmbloblight" );
set_switch_weapon( "zombie_colt" );

set_laststand_pistol( "zombie_colt" );

set_player_viewmodel( "viewmodel_usa_marine_arms");
set_player_interactive_hands( "viewmodel_usa_marine_player");

level.campaign = "american";
level.script = "zombiemode";

Change the
Code Snippet
Plaintext
add_weapon( "zombie_colt" );
to whatever you'd like, I personally changed it to the Kar98k with Bayonet because that's cool :P

Change
Code Snippet
Plaintext
set_switch_weapon( "zombie_colt" );
from zombie_colt to the same weapon you added in to the 'add_weapon' portion. So it would look like this for MY PREFERENCE.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
//Zombiemode loadout. If you aren't making a zombie map then you can define your level.script and add a check above.
add_weapon( "kar98k_bayonet" );
PrecacheItem( "napalmblob" );
PrecacheItem( "napalmbloblight" );
set_switch_weapon( "kar98k_bayonet" );

set_laststand_pistol( "zombie_colt" );

set_player_viewmodel( "viewmodel_usa_marine_arms");
set_player_interactive_hands( "viewmodel_usa_marine_player");

level.campaign = "american";
level.script = "zombiemode";

That's what the code should look like ^.

Save, close, done with that. Now, be aware that some weapons such as the Mosin Nagant (bayonet version as well) and the Springfield (bayonet version as well) do not have proper sounds (Mosin) or proper reload anims(Springfield), so if you change your starting weapon to that, one of those two things will happen. Same with the DP28, etc. The guns are still usable though.

Now, open up your Launcher, go to Build Mod, tick the _loadout.gsc box, and add this to your CSV line
Code Snippet
Plaintext
weapon,sp/weaponname

OBVIOUSLY YOU ADD THE NAME OF YOUR WEAPON YOU ADDED IN THE _loadout.gsc AND ADD THE NAME OF THE WEAPON WHERE weaponname IS!

For example, my preference would be
Code Snippet
Plaintext
weapon,sp/kar98k_bayonet

After that, build mod! Start up your map, and you should be holding whatever weapon you added in :)

Hope this helped if anyone is even reading this... 2018. Zombie maps. In World at War. Still love it <3

Cheers,
-t

6 years ago
So what I'm looking to do is basically use an actor as a sort of boss.

I'm using a Axis actor, the dude with the MG42 portable, and I'm trying to change his health to not be a one shot kill. That's all I'm trying to do, but I have had no luck in doing that. I've tried editing files specifically for that AI type in the health area of the lines, still no dice in game. Anyone know how I could do this?
6 years ago
Yea, as I said... those are player models. Built specifically for players to use (multiplayer, campaign protagonists are all player models). We thought you needed an Ai character such as reznov, polonsky, etc that are strictly SINGLEPLAYER/AI  models. These will NOT work as player models and must be rerigged in maya (as far as I know). I am using some mp models in my map already but thanks for offering :)

Gotcha. Yeah, I messed up in my communications a bit lol. Thank you! :)
6 years ago
Yup, that's exactly what happens with SP skeletons. I would suggest using a player model skeleton and binding the skin manually in maya. I don't think anyone has gotten sp models yo work without doing that

Figured it out.

You have to use the models that contain "player" in the name. They have no heads, (https://gyazo.com/bba05b2c03e0de417805c5e883813e71)  so you need to add a random head to attach to the character into your char_zomb_player GSC's. I have successfully done this and implemented it, build a full playermodel. If you want a deeper explanation explaining how to do it exactly I can do it for ya :)
6 years ago
I've been doing the exact same thing recently. I've been using maya since most Ai characters from sp don't work (the skeletons are slightly different). I've ported reznov and he looks ok. Let us know if the above method worked. I can post what I've done if not.

Will do, I finally fixed all errors and got the mod tools running on my new PC (FINALLY). Will let you know when I've got a testing box map to do stuffs in.

Double Post Merge: March 06, 2018, 12:41:24 pm
So uh... I've made progress but we're not quite done LOL.... https://gyazo.com/be3664180f226f077bd10573479000cc?token=aa1cf004a537939e247df02cfb655c63
6 years ago
Just got my fresh computer as my old ones HD failed, finished installing my mod tools, opened up Launcher, converted, afterwards went and created a map in the UGX Script Placer, went to build MOD and it popped up with this error.

Any help? https://gyazo.com/51374b6cbca62f969e8285547b269e22
6 years ago
No.

Spoiler: click to open...
:troll:
6 years ago
Hey guys, I'm new here so sorry if I'm asking a nooby question  ;)
So I'm working on a zombie map for WaW and it's supposed to be the Wolfsschanze. (The bunker Hitler was almost assassinated in.) If you google pictures of it, you'll see that it was a tall structure. I have a playable area on the roof, and a couple zombie spawners up there. But I was wondering if there was any way I could get zombies to climb up the walls from the ground. I know about the "zombie jump up to climb" traverse node, but I would like something better. Thanks for your time guys.

EDIT: IGNORE EVERYTHING I SAID - FOUND SOMETHIN'

https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/radiant-prefabs/40/zombie-climbing-prefab/5099/ - Zombie Climbing Prefab

Let me know if you got what you wanted/needed :)! AND IF IT WORKS lol.  :nyan:

-t

IGNORE (Unless UGX prefab above doesn't work) There used to be a download that made zombies climb with the ladder climb animation from multiplayer and SP but all those download links don't work anymore sadly. Or if there is one that works, I've done a good amount of searching for ya and haven't found any. So, that's kind of out of the question unless someone has those files and can reupload them lol.

There is a tutorial with a download link, but I don't know if the download requires an account or not on the particular website, and I don't have an account.. so you can try it but no guarantee that it will work.

That tut/download (UNCONFIRMED IF IT WORKS): http://modsonline.com/Tutorials-read-575.html

I'm not entirely sure if this will work but you can try it as I don't know any way to actually make zombies climb without those download files mentioned above. Like I said I haven't found any downloads containing those files that work to date. You can try to add misc > prefab > traverse and find which ones fit your map/what you're looking for. jumpup_92/  jump_down_72 etc.

Or, open a new Radiant screen, open up the traverse you need and then edit the traverse to fit your map exactly as you want it. You can do the same to make the zombies jump down as well.

6 years ago
It is possible. Just change the model in these files
Code Snippet
Plaintext
char_zomb_player_0.gsc
char_zomb_player_1.gsc
char_zomb_player_2.gsc
char_zomb_player_3.gsc
and

Code Snippet
Plaintext
char_zomb_player_0.csv
char_zomb_player_1.csv
char_zomb_player_2.csv
char_zomb_player_3.csv
But some of the sp models doesn't work well. You will notice that some of the player models are rotated in 90°, maybe.

Thanks man! :) Will do some trial and error of switching them around to see which ones work and which ones don't.
6 years ago
Loading ...