or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - SoulTaker

I made a upgraded model version of the MP7 and upon adding the red dot attachment to it the gun started floating. No I'm not using a world model as a viewmodel I'm not that nooby to do that.

My normal MP7 works fine but the gun model just floats if I add the attachment to it tried to see if anyone else had this problem and couldn't find an answer.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)!
10 years ago
Sorry for the noob question but I have this issue. I'm starting pathing on my map but I come across this. This error makes the zombies run to that location first for some odd reason after they get there they run towards where I am. So they basically some zombies ignore me for a few seconds then come back to me.

I checked and the pathnodes are just about right.
10 years ago
Sorry to be bugging again but could somehow help me out with attachments.

Here is what it shows up in game.

Here are the settings in Asset Manager

Thanks in advance if someone can help me out. Sorry if it's a noob question. :(
 :)
10 years ago
This is the first time I ported a sniper rifle so bare with me the nooby question I may ask right now.
What did I did wrong here? Tried finding a tutorial or a person having the same problem but couldn't find anything or maybe I did and it skipped my eye? O_o

10 years ago
Wanted to get some to maybe know some people more on here so I just wanted to ask you guys what are some of your favorite franchises in video games?  :)
Me personally I have loved the Silent Hill and Final Fantasy my favorite two franchises out there at the moment even though Silent Hill has taken a bad turn recently.
10 years ago
So I'm trying to add wind and Phils Typewritter into the map but every time I do the map will not run. I ran as developer 1 and it always says that the problem is bad syntax "{"  as well as telling me the line number in which is the line that starts the function.  I'm at a loss here. In older maps I did this never happened.
10 years ago
So to keep my time occupied until college starts right back up again I decided to finally try to make a decent looking map and release it.  :accepted:

Story: (Being worked on a.t.m) I love writing stories myself so I want to work on this a lot more before release which is when I think the map is very decent.

Map:I plan on getting the layout done then working on detail.  I want to worry about the layout the most.

Weapons: A series of COD 4, Black Ops, and maybe some other weapons if I can get them to work.
Planned weapons a.t.m there will be more! They will not be over-powered.
USP. 45 COD 4
M14 BO
Spas-12 BO
G36C COD 4
AK-47 BO
AK74U BO
M249 SAW COD 4
Kiparis BO
MP5K- BO
There will be a updated list later.

As for screenshots I started the map today and have worked on it for lets say 3 hours.

I know it's not much but as a beginner at making maps I would love feedback. Let it be both negative and postive...hopefully both.  :alone:

Planned Features
BO Perks.
Double Tap 2.0
Variety of weapons.
Balanced Mystery Box- Don't get angry if you get a Kar98K from the box it's just there to make the box more of a gamble then a luxury.  :(
Easter Egg and Easter Egg Song. :D
Buildables.
MW2 Airport Viewhands

CREDITS:
JBird- Gave me the answer to why my world model weapons had all attachments.
TomBMX- His tools.
UGX-Script Placer
Rambo-Solo Button Tutorial.
Rollonmath42- Porting Tutorials.
MakeCents-Florecent Lights Prefab.

The list will get longer as I work on the map.
^_^
10 years ago
I have no idea what the hell happened I pressed a button and this happened. I tried to undo it but it didn't work anyone know how to fix this it shows up like this on Radiant.

10 years ago
I know that something in the Dvars makes it so it changes rounds? Anybody know how to do this though? I want to test the weapons in my map out but I want to test them at higher rounds rather than playing the map everytime till round 20 just to see if a weapon is OP or not.
10 years ago
Just wondering what do you look for in a custom map?
Good layout?
Lots of training areas?
Cool camos?
Ported weapons?
Difficulty?
Easter Eggs?
Custom features/textures?
Storyline?
And which is more important to you?

10 years ago
So I don't know where else to go for help I've been trying to fix this for a couple hours here's the deal I made my zones and everything and they are okay the zone_debugger says the zones work fine but for some odd reason the zombies spawn where I place them and not in the riser structs.

Here are some of the pics of the kvps any help?

I have a feeling it's something stupid I'm missing but yesterday they were working and now for some odd reason they're not working with me.  >:(
10 years ago
I know what I'm doing kind of in this case, but I'm having a bit or trouble(Yes I converted the sound and edited the path to the sound I want played). I know you edit the dlc_share.csv but for some odd reason it won't play my sound. I'm trying to change the dog round sound to a siren since I'm making a map based off Silent Hill. I managed to change the round over song through zombiemode.gsc but couldn't find a way to change the dog round sound in that file. Is their a easier way? Just wondering thanks in advance.
10 years ago
So I finally started porting weapons and everything was going good till somehow my world model got screwed up. My viewmodel is perfect but this is what happens with the world model.

I've been trying to fix it for the longest time now. Somehow can't rap my head around what's going on. I deleted the material for the suppressor for example, but that just made the attachment go from black to white even though that in asset viewer the attachment was gone.

I also know it can't be a problem with my hidetags because the hide tags only hides in first person as far as I know?
I tried looking around for a answer on google and some posts on here as well but can't find a fix as I wanted to try to find a answer before having to post here and bug you guys sorry. :\

Any idea on how to fix this? I mean I got the sound and animations working just great just this is the last thing from this being near perfect.
10 years ago
So on old maps when I started messing around with the mod tools I got rid of the stupid girl model by adding this to my patch file:

rawfile,mptype/nazi_zombie_heros.gsc
// Characters
rawfile,mptype/nazi_zombie_heroes.gsc
rawfile,character/char_zomb_player_0.gsc
rawfile,character/char_zomb_player_1.gsc
rawfile,character/char_zomb_player_2.gsc
rawfile,character/char_zomb_player_3.gsc

But when I started working on a more serious map the girl model will not go away. It gives me the error:
Could not open 'mptype/nazi_zombie_heros.gsc'

I checked and the file is there but I don't know why it can't open it. Yes I am running as admin, and I have all the updates to the mod tools because in the past I got rid of this error, but for what ever reason now it's haunting me..
10 years ago
Hi I just wanted to get input on this subject of weapons. I know people are bored of stock weapons but as a person learning how to map and script a little it kinda haunts me a bit about ever releasing a map because I'm not the best with weapon porting and I don't ever want to half ass something.
10 years ago
Loading ...