or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - mrpeanut188

WAW should have, and would have, died out if BO1 had Radiant. It's well past it's sell-by date and you are just plain weird to want the BO3 tools to be cancelled. But you can keep modding WAW anyway if you prefer this shitty outdated engine, nothing's stopping you.
I think he just considers it kind of a waste that everything was done to update the engine (T4M prime example) and up the quality of gameplay and now it's going to waste.

Everything goes to waste in time, IIRC bo3 mod tools were announced before t4m released.
8 years ago
Trims are what turns into a dull, bland, box map into a trimmed box map.  ::)

Personally I have a terrible time judging scale on the actual texturing.

Anyways, quick tip time! Middle-click a face to select it's texture.
Any selected faces while using this trick will be textured with the new texture.

Also, select one face then ALT+MIDDLE-CLICK on another face will make the 2 textures like up, perfect if you have a wall composed of many brushes, or going around a pillar, etc.

Oh, also you can use decals for trims, they work very well. In the absence of AO, using a wall-trim decal can make it look pretty nice.
8 years ago
Added to poll :please:
...but it still has no love.  :please:
8 years ago
In the appdata folder delete the __CoDWaW file or whatever it is and try again.
The folder was cleared except for mods.

It should stop resetting, in one version I just disabled the function calls for the reset/optimization so it shouldn't occur anymore as I never got it to reset for me.
It's not as much as it's resetting, but even when the config is read-only it just accepts default settings every launch.
8 years ago
Before you try Centric's idea, read this:

Don't edit anything in raw/maps

Copy them to mods/YOURMAPNAME/maps then edit the copy not the original file.
Include that file in your .IWD when you compile the mod.

Anyways, when you are in-game, use the command 'give weaponname' with weaponname being the name of the weapon. If nothing happens/error message, read the rest of this post. If you DO happen to get the weapon, the actual buyable script isn't working.

Now, just like Centric said, you have to include the weapon file in dlc3_code and in _zombiemode_weapons.

Additionally, here's what those lines do:
The lines in dlc3_code tell whether it is pack-a-punchable or not.
The lines in _zombiemode_weapons add it to the box and set up the voice lines.

If you have no idea what you're doing, then just reply and I can walk you through it step-by-step.
8 years ago
I thought the title of this post said something else for a second...  ;D
Not going to lie i saw the same thing
8 years ago
Takeo could be in some kind of China Town-esque map, since there has been only map set in China and thats Die Rise
Butbutbut Takeo is Japanese.
8 years ago

Been here 30 minutes, just sat down and I'm opening a monster right now.
I pray to Lord RadimaX every night for inspiration and guidance.
8 years ago
Tried both of your ideas before, no dice. I'm talking about the top mostly, I did use lmap for the sides to get them to match up.
8 years ago
Small update today. I was originally going to just wait to make a bigger one but just thought I should show something before I start getting asked if it's dead.  ::)

Anyways, today I started on another area (it may or may not be playable depending on a lot of factors) as a lot of the already completed areas do not have much in the way of custom textures.

I like this area because it's a prime example of the additions I'll have to make to the existing areas to get them to flow together seamlessly. Since Silent Hill is covered in extremely thick fog, the view distance is extremely short, so the developers could get away with really small external areas. However, without giving too much away you'll be able to view these locations and some of the spots you can view would be covered with fog in the original game and they are not shown nor modelled.

REFERENCE:

This'll be the last update for a while, atleast a bump. I might continue to just ninja-update this with small things that don't deserve a bump.

I really want to finish this map because I love Silent Hill. The games are such a masterpiece and are so emotional.

The music is also a masterpiece, and on that note, goodbye! I swear I'm not tearing up after listening to more songs.
8 years ago
Heh, like said i meant the bevels.  :D

Those, probably just going to brush them out then, but if there was a way to do these I would like to know for future reference.
8 years ago

As you can see, I have bevels on a brick wall where it meets a post.

I do not know if it is possible to line the texture on these up. I have tried Alt + Middle-Click and using the surfaces panel but since patch texturing is different, it won't match up.

It'll be easy to recreate this with other methods (of which there are many) but before I do, is there a way to actually line these up that I'm missing?

8 years ago
In your mapname.gsc make sure you added the adjacent zone.

EX.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
add_adjacent_zone( "start_zone", "zone_2", "enter_zone_2" );

I don't know what your first zone would be (either zone_start or zone_1 for you probably) but that's how it should look. There is a big chunk of the code in your mapname.gsc where you should have that line, look for it and implement it if it's not already there.
8 years ago
MSI Afterburner will only work if you have a dedicated GPU card. I however had the same problem as you but it happened in all games after about 5 minutes, problem was that the card was set to an unstable clock, I underclocked it then set it back to the base clock, no problems. Just weird like that.

Also update your drivers.
8 years ago
True...but that's fine. Right now I care more about getting this thing tested thoroughly than I do about being a dick. There's always time for that later  ;D
Oh haha I was talking to him, if he didn't sign up right no guarantee he'd be noticed.
8 years ago
Loading ...