or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Megadeth9811

If you want a "snowy/weather" FX in your map, use easyFX, and put a script struct anywhere in your map in Radiant and give it the proper KVP's. Note that only FX that are specifically for weather (i.e. Snow, Rain, ash, etc.) will work.

You can find documentation, along with the scripts on EasyFX here: https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/Easy-FX
8 years ago
Progress Update:

Made a WIP video:

Changes since first post:

-Added torches that light when a player enters an area.

-Cathedral area in progress.
8 years ago
You are being punished for your atrocities in the world of the living! Upon death, you (and perhaps your friends) have been damned to the realm of Satan to play his games! How long can you last before the forces of hell destroy you?

This is a satanic-themed map that I've been working on for a couple of days.

List of features are:

-HarryBo21 Perks (Solo Revive, PHD, StaminUp, etc.)

-Diabolic Theme

-Der Riese-style teleporter system

8 years ago
Wtf thats how I felt about the map. How will he be motivated to make something better if no ones tells him everything wrong. Give my community mapper
So far, the only things I've seen from you are, a Minecraft map (overdone not only in waw, but in all moddable games), a half-assed  hockey map, a prefab, and one decent release. Its okay though, I'm just trying to get you motivated.  :D  ;)
8 years ago
This is how I feel about this map.
1. is shouldn't be over 300 MB
2. You should've keep some normal sounds, like teleporter link
3. u should've fix sounds like b23r reload empty or even replaced it with a waw sound if needed
4. you should've added more detail and better clipping
5. make it fun?
Sorry you hate it so much, but whatever man.
8 years ago
Played through the map and I liked it. Weapons were well done and camos looked very good. There were few things, that were bugging me:
Spoiler: click to open...
-You can get on top of the fence in spawn using the dirt patch in one of the corners
-Both windows in the map can be jumped through
-Patch holes in various places
-Infinite loop at start
-Rounds skipped little bit, when teleporting/in PaP area
-Corrosive weapons spam 3D, but multiasset error in console
-No solo QR or ported perks :(
Despite these, very good first map. If you need help with update, send me message and I can help you out O0

Thanks for all the feedback guys. As far as patch holes go, I fixed them in v1.1, which is the bottom-most link. In fact, can a mod or admin please fix the main (top) link to redirect to the right file? Thanks again guys.
8 years ago
both links are identical
the first link leads to an outdated version for some reason. The second is the most recent, v1.1.
8 years ago

Necro Forest v1.1

"There is a great evil lurking in the forest of death...."

Welcome to my first official map release! This map is a standard survival map with regular perks and ported Black Ops II weapons.

Features include:

-Elemental Pack A Punched weapons: Each gun you receive will inherit unique elemental effects when you upgrade them. Guns can have either Fire, Corrosive, or Shock elements!

-Random Characters with unique viewhands: Play as Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, or Richtofen in solo mode or co-op.

-Atmospheric Map Design: Care has been taken to give players an immersive experience both in sight and sound.

-Hidden Song: Black Fire Upon Us by Dethklok

v1.1 Update: Fixed terrain having holes in the map. Tweaked Juggernaut health.

Please leave your feedback!

Download

Credits:

-Megadeth9811 (Me): Mapping, porting weapons and sounds.
-BluntStuffy: Elemental Weapons scripts
-Aidan: Kino-Style teleporters scripts
-mrpeanut188: Random Character scripts
-DidUknowiPwn: MOTD-Style HUD
8 years ago
I guess I could have actually just made it work based on self.voice instead of a number.

Replace the array listing from numbers to voice type:
american
japanese
german
russian

Then just pass self.voice to figure out who you are and should be good.

Edit:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
	level.zm_name = [];
level.zm_name["american"] = "Dempsey";
level.zm_name["russian"] = "Nikolai";
level.zm_name["japanese"] = "Takeo";
level.zm_name["german"] = "Richtofen";

Code Snippet
Plaintext
	self SetClientDvar("hud_player_zm_name", level.zm_name[self.voice]);
Give that a try.

It worked perfectly, thanks.
8 years ago
How would I go about making the player names on the MOTD HUD work with the random character scripts?
8 years ago
Loading ...