or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - jjbradman

as far as i remember that flash is the suncolor turned white and turning up the intensity
9 years ago
its a clientscript, i dont see anything wrong with the script dd
9 years ago
Is you skybox caulk? Caulk should not stop fx, maybe try making the skybox non-colliding?
yeah skybox is fine and non colliding lets the rain go through but i dont get sun shadows, it seems to be something withing my ignore files, im searching which one is causing this
9 years ago
I had this problem long time ago. Go in Radiant press "I". This select all and put the map a little bit higher, that the floor is on "0"
still remains the same, rain followed the tallest building as seen in the pic lol
9 years ago
i have tried that and didnt worked
9 years ago
ok the problem is that rain fx collides with the skybox as you can see here

and at the floor level theres like 1 in 100 droplets hitting the ground

please someone help me i havent been able to fix this for along time
9 years ago
the other one not mentioned here will give you a compile error ;)
i always wanted to know the reason of that
9 years ago
and you can also get stuck because of crappy waw collisions if you remember the first maps to include elevators you got stuck if you walked to the door while it was opening
9 years ago
Ok, so im making electric cherry, and stevies done me a cool fx

So ive been trying to use it but it just will not face "forward"

Ive been spawning a model ("tag_origin" ), then later coz it just wouldnt line up i used a perk bottle

now i see, no matter what i do in code, the bottle just will not rotate... it should be facing the same way i am, even if i link it, it still doesnt follow my angle? Where am i going wrong? lol

Code Snippet
Plaintext
test_angles( player )
{
 // tag = spawn( "script_model", player.origin );
 self setmodel( "bo2_t6_wpn_zmb_perk_bottle_bear_world" );
 self.angles = anglestoforward( player getplayerangles() ) + ( 270, 180, 0 );
 // self.angles = anglestoforward( player getplayerangles() )+ ( 0, 270, 0 );
 self linkto( player );
 PlayFxOnTag( level._effect[ "cherry_shock_3" ], self, "tag_origin" );
 while( 1 )
 {
wait .01;
self.angles = anglestoforward( player getplayerangles() ) + ( 270, 180, 0 );
 }
}
i dont think its the code, sometimes some fx's make me the same and i cant figure why :( maybe your problem can be fixed by editing the fx velocity to effect now or world
9 years ago
Under _zombiemode.gsc main() place SetDvar("dvar", num); at the near top. Doesn't matter where really.
isnt jump height a clientdvar?
9 years ago
Point is, the negativity in my comment was to bring emphasis to something i think they should "FIX".
i dont think "fix" its the word, as it isnt a bug or missing sounds etc, maybe he just wanted it to be like that. it isnt a rule to copy exactly the same as the original and tell people they did it wrong b-cause of that

Double Post Merge: June 06, 2015, 03:29:08 am
anyway can we please get back on topic now
sorry didnt saw this  :P
9 years ago
Q. How do I compile my map without UGX Mod? I'm done with my UGX Mod map, how do I go back to making regular stock-style maps?
A.When you want to compile a map without UGX Mod loaded into it, you need to rename your "ui" folder to "ui - UGX_MOD" and rename the "ui - ORIGINAL" folder to ""ui". Same goes for "ui_mp". Then you need to go into /root/zone_source/ and rename zombiemode.csv to zombiemode.ugx and dlc3.csv to dlc3.ugx, then rename zombiemode.original to zombiemode.csv, and dlc3.original to dlc.csv. Lastly remove ugx_mod.iwd, ugxm_guns.iwd, localized_common.ff, and localized_mapname.ff from your root/mods/mapname folder and appdata/mods folder. To go back to UGX Mod compile mode, reverse these steps. You are basically just swapping between the stock ui + csv and the ugx_mod ui + csv.
source- ugx wiki
9 years ago
Is it possible to remove some of the UGX fx from the other gamemodes or anything?
yes theres !one! way. delete ugx mod.
ugx mod has space for less than 10 custom fx. if you add ugx easy fx that wont help either
9 years ago
i dont know if it will fix it, but select script_model from the right click list instead off changing its kvp. doing that can also make some models unselectable so just go the old"correct" way
9 years ago
first of all do damage will restart the game if you die, use radius damage, i think it should work like this.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
while(1)
{
RadiusDamage( (0, 0, 0), radius_size, max_dmg, min_dmg );
wait 1;
}
9 years ago
Loading ...