or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - animallover

heres a gameplay video.. nothing much.. but not sure if i should keep building this one.. not sure.. What do you guys think? its only the spawn haha! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgRBGa7EhXY

I'm back... Kind of been keeping myself gone since aranda.. but i always wanted to make another map.. so i started something new.. Not showing much just yet... but i hope you all enjoy..!

Setting - 

Since the moon landing people always wanted to see what more was out in space. But soon you find the world is on its last legs when the U.S bring back something that should have never came back.

Trailer coming soon ( This is only the audio for the trailer )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcjMkzjbjAQ

This post is just a heads up for the map! I know i haven't showed much but don't worry! I will update this very soon! :)

10 years ago
I don't think that's suggesting a KvP - it sounds like a compiler option. I'm not at home to verify but take a look at the [...] button next to the Lights checkbox on the map compile tab of launcher and see if there are any options there that match what it's talking about.

Beyond that I have no clue, and congratulations on finding a new engine error.

Thank you hahahaha! yeah cant fix this problem.. maps gone forever :/ Have tried copying everything in the map to another still nothing.. will keep looking
10 years ago
1. use code boxes lol

2. Try giving the lights the KVP's of samplescale 1.5. Not sure what it does exactly, but it looks like thats what you need.

what? I tried like everything haha! ahh  :accepted:
10 years ago
i get this when i compile..

Code Snippet
Plaintext
finding triangle windings...
assigning primary lights...
ERROR: ignoring surface with funny lightmap co-ordinates.
In map G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_farmattack.map on entity 0 brush 41 at -13302 13155 368
In map G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_farmattack.map on entity 0 brush 41 at 10338 -8843 368
In map G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_farmattack.map on entity 0 brush 41 at -13302 -8843 368
In map G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_farmattack.map on entity 0 brush 41 at -13302 -8843 368
In map G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_farmattack.map on entity 0 brush 41 at 10338 -8843 368
splitting windings into lightable areas...
coalescing coincident windings...
removing occluded winding fragments...
ERROR: Lightmap for surface needs to be 741x2, which is larger than 512x512; try multiplying sampleScale by at least 1.5
In map G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_farmattack.map on entity 0 brush 41 at -1482 13155 372
ERROR: Lightmap for surface needs to be 689x2, which is larger than 512x512; try multiplying sampleScale by at least 1.4
In map G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_farmattack.map on entity 0 brush 41 at 10338 2156 372
ERROR: Lightmap for surface needs to be 741x689, which is larger than 512x512; try multiplying sampleScale by at least 1.5
In map G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_farmattack.map on entity 0 brush 41 at -1482 2156 368
ERROR: Lightmap for surface needs to be 689x2, which is larger than 512x512; try multiplying sampleScale by at least 1.4
In map G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_farmattack.map on entity 0 brush 41 at -13302 2156 372
ERROR: Lightmap for surface needs to be 741x2, which is larger than 512x512; try multiplying sampleScale by at least 1.5
In map G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_farmattack.map on entity 0 brush 41 at -1482 -8843 372
finding sun shadow casters...
splitting large windings...
merging into concave windings...
fixing t-junctions...
tethering holes to their concave windings...
building lightmap groups...
assigning lightmaps...
ERROR: Lightmap 741x689 is larger than 512x512 for the surface 'berlin_terrain_dirt_regular'.  Try breaking up this specific surface or a samplescale of at least 1.5.
In map G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_farmattack.map on entity 0 brush 41 at 891 347 376
Aborting due to lightmap errors

what have i done?
10 years ago
Very cool map ;)

http://youtu.be/xpRKb8qOcgA

Thank you for playing. Its people like you who upload video's that make me want to make more. Thanks :)
10 years ago
Wondering how i get the effect they used in tranzit. Like the falling ashes and so on :)
10 years ago
Is my lime the only one not working? Keeps saying failed checking for updates.. then server failed.. but i used it yesterday it just stop working for me. Cheers x
10 years ago
Place a brush around the whole map with the "light grid volume" texture. Also make sure you've checked "compile reflections" when building your map.

Lukkie1998

thank you kind sir
10 years ago
Maps gone like all rainbow again! Added two reflections but how do i fix this again? haha  :nyan:
10 years ago
I assume that you are trying to impliment that bo2 model, and it is completely white which you maybe don't want.

Then you don't have the textures/images files for it yet. If you already have the images for that model, then copy all the .iwi files which is the files of the images and paste them in,
Code Snippet
Plaintext
root/mods/mapname/images/
Now if you don't have a folder called "images" then just make one.

If you don't have the images converted in WaW yet, then do this.
Open launcher and look in the IWD list on the right in the "built mod" tab, then look after your images files and check them.

Now to convert the images, build your mod with only the "Build IWD" box checked, and then build your mod.

Thank you
10 years ago
How do i go about fixing this problem?

10 years ago
How would i go about getting the models and guns from ghosts? anyone got a tutorial
10 years ago
Looks good so far. Very playable

Post Merge: May 02, 2014, 05:01:43 am
Indeed. The gameplay is great on this map, perfect spawns vs layout

Thank you. I tried my best and im learning more and more every time i build.. so thank you sir.
10 years ago
What would you say is the best call of duty for getting models, guns and so on..

And I dont just mean bo1 bo2 i mean every cod in the series :)

and well.. what would be best to play? wouldnt just want any old cod want one i can also enjoy! :)
10 years ago
Loading ...