Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
kaizokuroof's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
kaizokuroof's Contact & Social Links
If you send me your level file, I can try launching/running on mine to confirm the issue for you.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 16 March 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
ProKosovich's Groups
ProKosovich's Contact & Social LinksProKosovichProKosovichSlySlavProKosovich
If you send me your level file, I can try launching/running on mine to confirm the issue for you.

Okay, i'll start uploading it to dropbox and put the link up as soon as it is done.

Double Post Merge: November 05, 2016, 04:23:12 am

Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pqausgqcqls1pyb/AAD-x9ieVsoUNvLw7AJZZLaRa?dl=0

To clarify, is only the map_source needed for you to have a look or will i have to upload the usermaps folder too?
Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 04:23:12 am by ProKosovich
Date Registered: 9 October 2016
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
kaizokuroof's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Hey, I just opened it up. I've not been mapping long, but all your clips seem to be done different than the way I have done mine (which work).
They're all appearing as "worldspawn" - Did you make these as brushes? or did you just drag as you would wall and give it a clip texture?
You need to make a script_brush and give it the clip kvps

P.S: Looks like a cool map btw, is it your first one?
Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 07:01:53 am by kaizokuroof
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
ProKosovich's Groups
Hey, I just opened it up. I've not been mapping long, but all your clips seem to be done different than the way I have done mine (which work).
They're all appearing as "worldspawn" - Did you make these as brushes? or did you just drag as you would wall and give it a clip texture?
You need to make a script_brush and give it the clip kvps

P.S: Looks like a cool map btw, is it your first one?

Would you have a tutorial you have used/found on doing the script_brush and clip kvps so I don't stuff any up?

It's my first map, thanks. Needs more detail and some features then it would be a playable/presentable map :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
kaizokuroof's Groups
1) Right click on the map (camera view) -> Script -> Brushmodel
2) Expand the clip over the object/area you want to be clipped.
3) Give it a clip texture
4) Give it a new KVP: "script_noteworthy" with the value of "clip"
5) in the "Navmesh" heading in the entity window set the static_navmesh to True.

This is the method you would use for something like opening a door, but I've been applying it to my clip objects as well.

This is what I've used for clipping on small objects and while I don't understand why your method doesn't work, because by default I believe that zombies navigate around the regular brush, I guess it could be part of your issue.

I would have tested but most of your script_structs and things aren't highlightable. I did look at one of your zombie_spawners but it looked fine, you had it in the correct zone and pointed it to the correct window, so I don't think it is that.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
ProKosovich's Groups
5) in the "Navmesh" heading in the entity window set the static_navmesh to True.

This is the method you would use for something like opening a door, but I've been applying it to my clip objects as well.

This is what I've used for clipping on small objects and while I don't understand why your method doesn't work, because by default I believe that zombies navigate around the regular brush, I guess it could be part of your issue.

I would have tested but most of your script_structs and things aren't highlightable. I did look at one of your zombie_spawners but it looked fine, you had it in the correct zone and pointed it to the correct window, so I don't think it is that.

Really appreciate the quick response. I'll try fixing it all up this weekend. Thanks again.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
ProKosovich's Groups

I tried what you have you have instructed with no success. Zombies still stand still and don't target me until i'm close to them or in the same room. Have you got any other ideas or is the map just unfixable?
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
kaizokuroof's Groups
Errr, long shot. Is your map built in the sky? or have you elevated it above the initial map generation with the 5 perks or w/e? I've actually ran into a bit of a similar road block on one of my maps, all the zombies are spawning, but they walk in the same spot. The only thing I could think that I had done differently, is that the map was elevated above the initial ground that was made.

Check you have that umbra thing, that is near the skybox and if you haven't already try adding a nav_volume to your entire map.

That's about all I can suggest, I'm just a noob myself and all the information I've provided you might hinder you! Probably should have put the disclaimer earlier lol. Sorry!

Loading ...