UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

zm_nuked_basic_01 ERROR. I NEED HELP BAD!!!

broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by flareonex
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
flareonex's Groups
flareonex's Contact & Social Links
I am extremely stressed out about this error and have spent 6 hours trying to completely fix my map. I have completely ported over the testmap skybox and everything (reccommended by Quantum) but I keep getting this error. Please I NEED an answer on this or my week of progress is down the drain!!!!!!!!

Honestly at this point, I'm willing to lend the map file to someone to correct this problem because I am about to #suicide over this bullshit.

What Happens: I load up my map and it works for about 20 seconds then all of the sudden the default texture covers my screen and exits me to the main menu.

I get this error: AIType zm_nuked_basic_01 has no characters specified. There should be at least one associated with an AIType.

I need help now!
Date Registered: 25 August 2013
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Lonewolf's Groups
Lonewolf's Contact & Social Links
I had the same issue too, but found a solution. Go to your zm_mapname in Radiant. As you enter, look for a white textured character model around your map. If you have player spawn boxes in your map, click on it and it will coordinate you to where the model is. Click on it and delete that. Save, compile and it will work.
Date Registered: 22 April 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
theinfectgamer's Contact & Social Links
I had the same issue too, but found a solution. Go to your zm_mapname in Radiant. As you enter, look for a white textured character model around your map. If you have player spawn boxes in your map, click on it and it will coordinate you to where the model is. Click on it and delete that. Save, compile and it will work.

I had the error as well, and yet this solution didn't work for me. I found an all-white model of a human looking character standing somewhere in my map just like you said, but the strange thing is that I can't select it by shift-clicking or any other method I know of. The model appears in the "All in Use" tab under models, but the one I can't select is the only one I can find (Whenever I drag in another version of that model from the "All in Use" tab it works fine and I can select it so the problem isn't with the model itself). An even weirder thing is that I couldn't even see it initially except for its shadow. The shadow is the only way I could have found it actually because you can't see the model (except for the shadow of it) unless you hit F9 and go into Game View. Also, I tried selecting the spawn boxes like you said to see if they would lead me to the model, but in fact nothing in my map leads to the model. It's almost like its a ghost model. Like I can see it there even without it being present in my map. This is really frustrating and I'm not even sure this is the real problem.
Please help! Thanks.

Double Post Merge: November 04, 2016, 11:26:41 pm
UPDATE: I figured it out, but there's another problem. I solved the first problem by doing the following: If you open the "entity list" window (by right-clicking on the toolbar and clicking "entity list"), you can select entities from inside that window. I was able to select the white textured actor from in there and delete it successfully. I don't know why radiant wouldn't let me select the model in the camera view but oh well.
However, this seemed to cause another problem. Even though my map was able to render successfully without errors, and I was able to load into the game without it crashing, There was no music as the map starts like it normally plays. Also, no zombies spawned even though i was in the game messing around for about 5 minutes. I'm guessing that deleting the white-textured model caused the problem because the spawners didn't know what model to spawn or something. I'm not an expert on this so that may not be the case, but my intuition says I'm correct. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 11:26:41 pm by theinfectgamer
Date Registered: 25 September 2012
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
DJ-Jorn's Groups
DJ-Jorn's Contact & Social Linksjorn westerbrink
make a little box / brush around it and go to selection and then select inside, maybe that would work, i also had this problem.
Date Registered: 21 August 2016
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
All0utWar's Groups
All0utWar's Contact & Social Links
Sounds like you deleted the zombie spawner. You need one in your map for the mode to actually start.

Loading ...