Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Blink-420's Groups
Blink-420's Contact & Social LinksBlink-420
Can't get my map to run anymore. Yes I've tried backups, creating a new map and transferring scripts and map itself.. When I launch it through both the mod tools and black ops 3 it gives me an infinite black loading screen, left it on even over night no crashing, no errors when compiling. Nothing. I've done a lot of work on this map and even testing multiple updates on it with friends on the workshop before Im going to release it, so it has been working great up until now. I've deleted any recent new scripts I've added and that hasnt helped either. I've had this problem one before but a backup solved it, nothing will solve it this time, help!  :'(
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 12 September 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
reckfullies's Groups
reckfullies's Contact & Social LinksReckfulliesReckfullies
Can't get my map to run anymore. Yes I've tried backups, creating a new map and transferring scripts and map itself.. When I launch it through both the mod tools and black ops 3 it gives me an infinite black loading screen, left it on even over night no crashing, no errors when compiling. Nothing. I've done a lot of work on this map and even testing multiple updates on it with friends on the workshop before Im going to release it, so it has been working great up until now. I've deleted any recent new scripts I've added and that hasnt helped either. I've had this problem one before but a backup solved it, nothing will solve it this time, help!  :'(

If there is an infinite black screen then it probably is a script causing the map to crash. Just because the game it self doesn't crash doesn't mean your map didn't.

This is normally caused by scripting errors such as if you accidentally put a print string in a while loop or something so that it causes the game to crash.

If you don't have any custom scripts I can't help you there, I haven't personally seen anyone get this for a different reason.
Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 07:22:53 am by reckfullies
Date Registered: 20 April 2016
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
if I surprised you, you had underestimated me
Signature
if I surprised you, it was because you underestimated me
Doodles_Inc's Groups
Doodles_Inc's Contact & Social LinksdoodlescriminoserDoodles_IncDoodlesInc
Same problem :|
Date Registered: 18 February 2015
Last active: 1 month ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Blink-420's Groups
Blink-420's Contact & Social LinksBlink-420
Same problem :|

Did you get it fixed? My problem was I had scripts in my mapname.gsc that I had taken out of my map but didnt delete from my .gsc. Example, I had a teleporting script that I deleted the trigger and origin on my map but left the script in my mapname.gsc. All I had to do was make sure all my scripts that I was using were in my .gsc and all the ones I wasnt using weren't still in it!
Date Registered: 20 April 2016
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
if I surprised you, you had underestimated me
Doodles_Inc's Groups
Doodles_Inc's Contact & Social LinksdoodlescriminoserDoodles_IncDoodlesInc
Did you get it fixed? My problem was I had scripts in my mapname.gsc that I had taken out of my map but didnt delete from my .gsc. Example, I had a teleporting script that I deleted the trigger and origin on my map but left the script in my mapname.gsc. All I had to do was make sure all my scripts that I was using were in my .gsc and all the ones I wasnt using weren't still in it!
Will try this later, because, i'm working in another map right now.

Loading ...