Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
FLUXtrance's Groups
Hey all,

I seem to be having a problem when creating oceans in Radiant. I made a large brush spanning the size of my "island", but when entering the game, the texture is terribly distorted, stretched, and the animation looks as though it is going at 5X it's regular speed in certain areas, while in others the animation is completely gone. This location I screen capped from is merely the easiest location to screen cap from, it is occurring all across my map. Any ideas on preventing this? Sorry, but pictures are the best I can do. Thanks!

http://gyazo.com/1274dc72a0f41bcdccd825ef238c4ab7

http://gyazo.com/39420ba22be01474905fc7e08aee8d33
broken avatar :(
Donator <3
Date Registered: 20 August 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Chunkdogg9's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Chunkdogg9's Contact & Social LinksChunkdogg9Chunkdogg00Chunkdogg9
You have to have the texture set to natural in surface inspector.

Click on the texture that is like that and press "S" then click natural
Date Registered: 13 June 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
FLUXtrance's Groups
You have to have the texture set to natural in surface inspector.

Click on the texture that is like that and press "S" then click natural

I didn't know this was effective on water textures, but I guess so. I'll give it a shot, thanks!

EDIT: Unfortunately, this didn't solve it. thanks for the idea though.

Post Merge: July 01, 2013, 01:13:41 am
*Bump* Sorry, but this is still a major issue, and literally "map-breaking". If I can't get this water texture to work, I don't know what I'll do. Anybody have any experience with this issue?
Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 01:13:41 am by FLUXtrance
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Post a picture of your water terrain patch from Radiant - I want to see the vertices. It's likely that you actually have the directions turned on some of your vertices - CoDMapper has a video on this

CoDRadiant: Water Tutorial HD
Date Registered: 13 June 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
FLUXtrance's Groups
Post a picture of your water terrain patch from Radiant - I want to see the vertices. It's likely that you actually have the directions turned on some of your vertices - CoDMapper has a video on this

CoDRadiant: Water Tutorial HD

Sorry, I should have updated this after I fixed it. For some odd reason I only get the graphical glitch when using "Seelow 1". Any other texture works fine, and even going back to "Seelow 1" on a fresh brush didn't fix it. I found a better looking texture anyway, but I think it may have something to do with the vertices, as on one side of the diagonal vertice, it seemed to be fine, but on the other side of the "imaginary diagonal line down the middle" that water seemed washed out and bright. Either way, it's fixed now, but hopefully anyone else who has this problem can try either changing the textures, or flipping their vertices diagonals.

Loading ...