Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
FLUXtrance's Groups
Hey All,

I'm currently working on a map set on an island, so at any point in the map where the player is more than ~32 grid points above sea level, they can see below the 180 degree mark on the sky-box (the stretched ugly part). It isn't a major deal, except there is one point in my map where you can travel up a large tower, and at the top, this is VERY clearly visible. Is there anyway to make the skybox have a larger "FOV" so to speak? If I have to make my own skybox, It would be worth it, but I absolutely hate the look of the stretched skybox from that height.

Thanks! :D
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Hey All,

I'm currently working on a map set on an island, so at any point in the map where the player is more than ~32 grid points above sea level, they can see below the 180 degree mark on the sky-box (the stretched ugly part). It isn't a major deal, except there is one point in my map where you can travel up a large tower, and at the top, this is VERY clearly visible. Is there anyway to make the skybox have a larger "FOV" so to speak? If I have to make my own skybox, It would be worth it, but I absolutely hate the look of the stretched skybox from that height.

Thanks! :D
The skybox cone should never be visible from any point in the map. Cover it up with surrounding terrain or don't use a skybox model.
Date Registered: 13 June 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
FLUXtrance's Groups
The skybox cone should never be visible from any point in the map. Cover it up with surrounding terrain or don't use a skybox model.

I'm actually not even using a sky-box model. I defined one in the world-spawn (seems to always work better for me in larger maps). Unfortunately I can't cover it up with scenery, It's a massive tower, and I'd really prefer to keep it that tall
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I'm actually not even using a sky-box model. I defined one in the world-spawn (seems to always work better for me in larger maps). Unfortunately I can't cover it up with scenery, It's a massive tower, and I'd really prefer to keep it that tall
If you could PM me a screenshot of the specific visual issue I might be able to provide more specific advise.
Date Registered: 13 June 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
FLUXtrance's Groups
I apologize for the delay, I just sent them. Thanks! :D