UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: FLUXtrance on June 25, 2013, 11:48:32 pm

Title: Larger Skybox?
Post by: FLUXtrance on June 25, 2013, 11:48:32 pm
Hey All,

I'm currently working on a map set on an island, so at any point in the map where the player is more than ~32 grid points above sea level, they can see below the 180 degree mark on the sky-box (the stretched ugly part). It isn't a major deal, except there is one point in my map where you can travel up a large tower, and at the top, this is VERY clearly visible. Is there anyway to make the skybox have a larger "FOV" so to speak? If I have to make my own skybox, It would be worth it, but I absolutely hate the look of the stretched skybox from that height.

Thanks! :D
Title: Re: Larger Skybox?
Post by: treminaor on June 26, 2013, 03:05:20 am
Hey All,

I'm currently working on a map set on an island, so at any point in the map where the player is more than ~32 grid points above sea level, they can see below the 180 degree mark on the sky-box (the stretched ugly part). It isn't a major deal, except there is one point in my map where you can travel up a large tower, and at the top, this is VERY clearly visible. Is there anyway to make the skybox have a larger "FOV" so to speak? If I have to make my own skybox, It would be worth it, but I absolutely hate the look of the stretched skybox from that height.

Thanks! :D
The skybox cone should never be visible from any point in the map. Cover it up with surrounding terrain or don't use a skybox model.
Post by: FLUXtrance on June 26, 2013, 05:09:14 am
The skybox cone should never be visible from any point in the map. Cover it up with surrounding terrain or don't use a skybox model.

I'm actually not even using a sky-box model. I defined one in the world-spawn (seems to always work better for me in larger maps). Unfortunately I can't cover it up with scenery, It's a massive tower, and I'd really prefer to keep it that tall
Post by: treminaor on June 26, 2013, 07:14:27 am
I'm actually not even using a sky-box model. I defined one in the world-spawn (seems to always work better for me in larger maps). Unfortunately I can't cover it up with scenery, It's a massive tower, and I'd really prefer to keep it that tall
If you could PM me a screenshot of the specific visual issue I might be able to provide more specific advise.
Post by: FLUXtrance on June 26, 2013, 08:09:14 am
I apologize for the delay, I just sent them. Thanks! :D