Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
cpt_johnson1's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
cpt_johnson1's Contact & Social Links
So I've had BO radiant installed for a while now, but never really touched it. I did everything the setup told me to do, but when I launch radiant, it just says "Couldn't load material $default"
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
So I've had BO radiant installed for a while now, but never really touched it. I did everything the setup told me to do, but when I launch radiant, it just says "Couldn't load material $default"

Did you launch via mod tools and not directly via folder?
Date Registered: 19 June 2018
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
cpt_johnson1's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Yeah I tried launching it through the tools and the folder and nothing is working
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Yeah I tried launching it through the tools and the folder and nothing is working

there was a fix before, i do know its copying the codwaw.prj and renaming it to codbo.prj

but there is also uhh linkermod discord

btw dont launch via folder, thats bad
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
cpt_johnson1's Groups
there was a fix before, i do know its copying the codwaw.prj and renaming it to codbo.prj

but there is also uhh linkermod discord

btw dont launch via folder, thats bad
Oh ok I'll make sure to try that when I get around to it. If that doesn't work, I'll just reinstall the tools and hopefully that will work 
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Oh ok I'll make sure to try that when I get around to it. If that doesn't work, I'll just reinstall the tools and hopefully that will work
alrightio :D
Date Registered: 6 June 2017
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
My published cod maps:

Mansion of the Undead
Buros Der Toten
Minions by k3nt
klevi's Groups
I don't know a lot about bo1 but as far as I know materials are images. And if you remember default material replaces any material if the one you used is missing. For example you can use a custom texture and you include it on images folder. But let say you want to test it what happens if you delete that image. When you go in game it will load the default image to replace the one that you used. Now I do not know all things so maybe I'm wrong but what can I suggest is that you can create your own default image if you're missing it. I learned this from a comment on YouTube. I do not know how to add a co-op image for a loading screen let say, so they will use the default image(that grey 1 that sucks). But i just created my default one and it replaced all of them even when I pause the game it has the image. I repeat: I don't know this for sure, and yeah I know it's a bit late to reply but I did because someone might want to know this!! :P
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
cpt_johnson1's Groups
I don't know a lot about bo1 but as far as I know materials are images. And if you remember default material replaces any material if the one you used is missing. For example you can use a custom texture and you include it on images folder. But let say you want to test it what happens if you delete that image. When you go in game it will load the default image to replace the one that you used. Now I do not know all things so maybe I'm wrong but what can I suggest is that you can create your own default image if you're missing it. I learned this from a comment on YouTube. I do not know how to add a co-op image for a loading screen let say, so they will use the default image(that grey 1 that sucks). But i just created my default one and it replaced all of them even when I pause the game it has the image. I repeat: I don't know this for sure, and yeah I know it's a bit late to reply but I did because someone might want to know this!! :P
Thanks for the reply, but I posted this a while back when I didn't know much about radiant or modding. I still haven't even bothered with bo1 radiant yet though. I might try it one day. :)  

Also, if I ever get around to it, I'm sure I could just take the default texture from waw and use it for bo1
Date Registered: 6 June 2017
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
klevi's Groups
Thanks for the reply, but I posted this a while back when I didn't know much about radiant or modding. I still haven't even bothered with bo1 radiant yet though. I might try it one day. :) 

Also, if I ever get around to it, I'm sure I could just take the default texture from waw and use it for bo1
I captured this from bo1 radiant but yeah, that's the default image and if you take a close look the name is same as you mentioned --->  https://imgur.com/a/RSk7dcpAlso the defaut image of cod waw is exact same
Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 05:59:19 pm by klevi
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
cpt_johnson1's Groups
I captured this from bo1 radiant but yeah, that's the default image and if you take a close look the name is same as you mentioned --->  https://imgur.com/a/RSk7dcpAlso the defaut image of cod waw is exact same
Ah ok, so it should be a pretty easy fix.  

Loading ...