More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Projects:
CPH (Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital) - Map Testing
Raze - Map Testing
JadenSzewczak's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
JadenSzewczak's Contact & Social LinksKazcwezsjadenszewczakszwczk
exceeded limit of 400 fx assets everytime...  :'(
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 4 November 2014
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ZombieWarfare
Signature
Maps Progress:
ZW: 80%
Rust Legacy: 10%
OdoHd's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Second map actually - http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11572.msg128675.html#msg128675
Either way for being new to radiant and still trying to learn how to add guns and that jazz its just fine hes still a beginner like me. :) Do your very best ShlongDingDong and as long as you still try and dont give up you'll do great i believe in you Good Luck and dont stop Trying!!!
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Just noticed this comment. I am thinking the way I am thinking because as I stated before: my work is not intended for you to take shortcuts. Look at your map. Is this more than simple box/rectangle geometry? No. You are taking shortcuts and spamming features that are available, while skimping on simple map design and layout. No amount of my scripts or features can redeem a poorly executed map. Instead my features get labeled as "overused" and your map gets labeled as a "boxmap"

If you just tried your best on your map, we wouldnt be having this conversation. You created a "lose, lose, lose" situation. My weapons look garbage, your map looks garbage, and the community got a shitty map. Everyone lost because you didn't put your best effort into the map

What you're missing though is that I am trying my best. Using what resources I have available, and what little knowledge I have, I created a map that works, and while I'm not claiming it is enjoyable, it is my best effort which you clearly fail to understand. I'm bad at mapmaking and there's a high chance I'll never be good but I'm enjoying making these things and don't care about your pointless negativity. I could make another box map and enjoy making it. Simple needs lmao.

Double Post Merge: August 02, 2016, 04:15:30 pm
exceeded limit of 400 fx assets everytime...  :'(

Does it actually require T4M? I didn't bother to check if it did require it because it's such a simple map. Sorry about that :/

Double Post Merge: August 02, 2016, 04:18:02 pm
If only you could map with the same passion you defend yourself with. :)

I really wish I could find the same passion I have for doing a simple task as "defending myself" but as it is right now, map making is a hobby for me, and right now I'm in the state of testing what works and what doesn't. If someone made a list of features that people do and don't like, I would skip all these box maps and put my effort into making a map of a grand scale. I was aware beforehand that people don't like box maps, and that people don't like sprinters round 1, and people like custom guns but that's all I knew. I'm making box maps right now because it's easy and simple to test for what people like in a map, and I guess mazes aren't it haha.
Date Registered: 30 July 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Current project: Afterlife
Signature
"The only time you should look back, is to see how far you've come."
Just a word of advice from beginner to beginner. Keep maps like these as a test to what you can do, don't release these maps but use them as a tool to get better. I've made 2 practice box maps and I'm making a current first map I'm more than happy with. Learning more about the tools you're using and different things you can do/use to further your mapping would mean a lot more than releasing simple cardboard cutout maps.
Spoiler: click to open...
No offense  ;)
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Just a word of advice from beginner to beginner. Keep maps like these as a test to what you can do, don't release these maps but use them as a tool to get better. I've made 2 practice box maps and I'm making a current first map I'm more than happy with. Learning more about the tools you're using and different things you can do/use to further your mapping would mean a lot more than releasing simple cardboard cutout maps.
Spoiler: click to open...
No offense  ;)

+1
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
You have loads to learn man. My statements arent negative, they are constructive. There is a difference. You need T4M because my weapons. If you struggled, where are your help topics? Why haven't you asked in chat for help? You dont need to go it alone. It makes for releases like this

but I imagine you are ignorant to the idea that people can get offended when their work is used poorly/incorrectly

This is a bad start for you, and a bard start with me

I was rather harsh

No amount of my scripts or features can redeem a poorly executed map

You created a "lose, lose, lose" situation

My weapons look garbage, your map looks garbage, and the community got a shitty map. Everyone lost because you didn't put your best effort into the map

Thank you for your constructive criticism! I'll try next time to make my maps not "look like garbage" with the specific improvements I could've made that you've kindly given. I already mentioned that I did try my best, it's just that my best isn't close to good, but you refuse to accept that you're wrong about this. Who said I wasn't trying my best but you?

The thing that upsets me the most isn't your constructiveness. It's that you went from admirable to words I'd rather not use, in my eyes. That was depressing.

I made a couple help topics on websites that aren't ugx, but you're definitely right in that I could've asked around more, instead of only googling to try to fix the no starting weapon issue. I'll try to improve on that but I have no idea how to even phrase the question besides, "how do i fix no starting weapon without the _loadout.gsc?" :/

I do have loads to learn. Thanks for repeating my statement, "Using what resources I have available, and what little knowledge I have...". This is the fun part though, that I'm looking forward to in mapping :D

If you do reply, I'll be honest with you, I'm actually desperate to see your point of view, because I do want to see you in the same light as I did before. It's hard for me to dislike anyone which is what my therapists have stated, and I can't help but appreciate this community from it's helpful modders and mappers, to it's "If we could vote, I give  -1000" level of usefulness. Honestly.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Look man this isn't about feelings. Alright. I don't care what you think of me and I dont care how you feel. I do care that you hide behind lame excuses about "trying". I am here for HELP not shortcuts, not a crutch. I am here for well worded and thought out questions. I don't need to prove my value to you.

If you want help ask for it. If you don't want opinions don't release a public map. That simple

As sappy as this will sound, it's always about feelings. What separates us from savages is our capacity to care for another, even random strangers. I understand now that our moral grounds vary though and it was my mistake to not see that. It's fine for you to not care about people you will never meet I guess, because what are the consequences? Or some train of thought like that.

I noticed that you didn't even try to say that your previous comments were constructive in any way, and I would guess that would relate to your level of moral capacity unless you can prove me wrong in any way? I don't see how it's a "lame excuse" to say that I try my best, which is not to a level that you started out with or someone you're thinking of? I'd love for you to make some sense of this but you won't because you don't have to prove anything to me, like you said. I'm sorry if this is wrong but I really can't see how you'd treat another person like shit because of anonymity, and still trying to make sense of this.

If you stated in your post in downloadable items for mappers that you don't want people to just use your pack as the only source of unique guns, please post so. I was mistaken that you were being generous with your work but that isn't the case I guess.

I never said that you had to prove your value to anyone either, that's something we can both agree on.

I did release this map for opinions, but wanted them to be constructive. "You could've added x" or "Y needs some readjusting" would make me more than happy to read, but instead you decide to be negative, which you still haven't shown you weren't. I guess I asked too much from this community and that was my bad.

From reading your response though, I learned that one really can ask any question on here, at least according to you, as stupid as the question may be. I appreciate that you wrote this response as I at least know this bit. Thanks for that :D

Hello! I'm surprised you read down this far as one that is completely unable to feel any kind of shame will have avoided reading this so if you are reading this, go you! On a side note, it's very interesting to read what a person like you thinks, so thank you for that as well ^^
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
As sappy as this will sound, it's always about feelings. What separates us from savages is our capacity to care for another, even random strangers. I understand now that our moral grounds vary though and it was my mistake to not see that. It's fine for you to not care about people you will never meet I guess, because what are the consequences? Or some train of thought like that.

I noticed that you didn't even try to say that your previous comments were constructive in any way, and I would guess that would relate to your level of moral capacity unless you can prove me wrong in any way? I don't see how it's a "lame excuse" to say that I try my best, which is not to a level that you started out with or someone you're thinking of? I'd love for you to make some sense of this but you won't because you don't have to prove anything to me, like you said. I'm sorry if this is wrong but I really can't see how you'd treat another person like shit because of anonymity, and still trying to make sense of this.

If you stated in your post in downloadable items for mappers that you don't want people to just use your pack as the only source of unique guns, please post so. I was mistaken that you were being generous with your work but that isn't the case I guess.

I never said that you had to prove your value to anyone either, that's something we can both agree on.

I did release this map for opinions, but wanted them to be constructive. "You could've added x" or "Y needs some readjusting" would make me more than happy to read, but instead you decide to be negative, which you still haven't shown you weren't. I guess I asked too much from this community and that was my bad.

From reading your response though, I learned that one really can ask any question on here, at least according to you, as stupid as the question may be. I appreciate that you wrote this response as I at least know this bit. Thanks for that :D

Hello! I'm surprised you read down this far as one that is completely unable to feel any kind of shame will have avoided reading this so if you are reading this, go you! On a side note, it's very interesting to read what a person like you thinks, so thank you for that as well ^^

If you had spent half as long on this map as you did typing out that essay above I don't think you and Nate would even be having this conversation. :ok:
[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Okay guys, could we please get back on topic again and stop having this discussion? There are dozens of maps where this happened and all topics ended up being locked. Keep it civilized.

Lukkie1998
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
I feel like an idiot now because I just realized I've been getting trolled this entire time by a careless stubborn ape. Because of this, I'd like to apologize to any on looking readers for taking up so much space in this thread. On the bright side, I've gotten good practice writing these (d- worthy) "essays" for my senior year of high school.  :lol:

Anyway I plan to release an update to this map sometime this week if I can manage to fix the no starting weapon issue and the strange peacekeeper. I'm unfamiliar with where to put the future download. Should it go in the main post as an edit or do I make another reply? Wanted to ask this question in the help section but had no idea where it should go. Thanks.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
???. Way to be insulting and not reply to my previous comment. In the update I ask that you remove my weapons since you appear to not be able to get them to work

That was my bad, I missed your previous reply and didn't intend to just ignore you. I felt that I was being attacked but that isn't the case as you said, so I'm sorry for being over sensitive to that.

I will follow your request to not use your weapons but not because I can't get them to work as I played around with them in a test map and got it working out. I'm doing this out of respect for you and hopefully cfg factory works out for a solution. 

I'd also like to apologize for my insult as it was only as a response to feeling like I'm taking hits without actually giving them. Shouldn't have sunk down to that level which was my bad.

I feel like this whole conversation was out of misunderstandings so would it be too much to ask for a fresh start? I understand though if you'd rather not offer help or assistance in the future.
Date Registered: 22 May 2016
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Signature
KhelMho's Groups
KhelMho's Contact & Social Links
Ok, end the conversation   ::)
Date Registered: 22 May 2016
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
KhelMho's Groups
KhelMho's Contact & Social Links
You are all over the place man. You're not gonna get a fresh start with me, but you apologized and appear to understand my point now. I don't care if you use my weapons on any further map. Just install them properly and dont release a box map again.

As far as help goes, I am not the only resource you have. Make a help topic or pop in chat. Just don't be insulting and be patient. People will not want to help you if you keep this attitude (this includes me), and they won't help you with a boxmap. Search BlackJackJohnny cod mapping tutorials on YT to improve your mapping skills.

I love tutorials of "BlackJackJohnny"  :nyan:
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
You are all over the place man. You're not gonna get a fresh start with me, but you apologized and appear to understand my point now. I don't care if you use my weapons on any further map. Just install them properly and dont release a box map again.

As far as help goes, I am not the only resource you have. Make a help topic or pop in chat. Just don't be insulting and be patient. People will not want to help you if you keep this attitude (this includes me), and they won't help you with a boxmap. Search BlackJackJohnny cod mapping tutorials on YT to improve your mapping skills.

I will make no promises to not make any more box maps as I thought this maze map wasn't one but according to you it is. I guess I have no idea what a box map is besides a literal box.

What attitude do I have though? I'm curious.

Thanks for suggesting BJJ, haven't heard of him until now.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
I will make no promises to not make any more box maps as I thought this maze map wasn't one but according to you it is. I guess I have no idea what a box map is besides a literal box.

What attitude do I have though? I'm curious.

Thanks for suggesting BJJ, haven't heard of him until now.

The term 'box map' has somehow now become a catch-all euphemism for any map lacking in creativity, design and aesthetics; essentially any map that the community regards as exceedingly poor in quality if you will. This map certainly qualifies under those conditions. Sure, it's not a 'literal box' though.

Loading ...