Date Registered: 23 June 2013
Last active: 11 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
PainfulLobbies's Contact & Social LinkspainfullobbiesPainfulLobbiesPainV2PainfulLobbies
This map features UGX Mod v1.0.3! For a full list of features, click here.

Hey, guys here is my second map EVER this map has a ton of features, read below-

FEATURES:
UGX Standalone 1.0.3
UGX bank function
buyable ending- 100,000 points
buyable insta kill - 3,000 points
buyable max ammo - 9,000 points
buyable double points - 2,000 points
buyable Thundergun
buyable Freeze gun
Custom zombie skins
Custom Random box skin
a storyline witch will link to all of my maps.

Full Reveal of "Home of Pain" - my FIRST Custom Zombie map.

DOWNLOAD THE MAP HERE : http://www.gamefront.com/files/23608747/Home_of_Pain_UGX_Edition_exe
Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 04:18:33 pm by SajeOne
broken avatar :(
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Looking good, I'll give it a try. :D

Post Merge: August 20, 2013, 04:16:34 pm
Ok, I think the map is manager material but could use work. Here are some things you should take a look at either for a new version or just when creating new maps in general:

Spoiler: click to open...

Don't use blend textures unless you are alpha blending or are using decals.

Make something like this fence detail so it doesn't look like there is a hole in the wall.

Heres an example of where alpha blending would be good as its strange how the road just ends.

Another alpha blending example

It's nice that you are adding this kind of detail but you should mix it up a little. They are in constant rows and would look a little better if you changed the positions randomly around a little bit.

This isn't an issue, just more of a suggestion. It would be cool if there was a way to get down from here. You can get trapped pretty easily and it would be nice to be able to jump off, but that's up to you. :P

These tank tracks are animated so its a little weird having this model stationary.

This roof just isn't that realistic IMO. I would recommend following blackjackjonnyy's roof making tutorial as it helps get more realistic looking roofs.
CoD Radiant : detail made easy : Detailed roof using patches

If you are going to do something like this I would recommend cutting the brush with the clipper tool in the middle.

Then just some other general concerns:

-buyable ending is too expensive
-buyable ending trigger is not noticeable enough
-pack a punch should be moved back into that back room more
Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 04:16:34 pm by SajeOne
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
i'll be perfectly honest with this map, after playing solo, the amount of doors there were to open (hell didnt see what i was opening) and how expensive they were is unfair against solo players, and also in solo, where am i supposed to survive, cant camp, no training spots, map is so small with no where to survive, and building points is not easy when i have to spend on a imaginary door as soon as i get them
Date Registered: 20 August 2013
Last active: 10 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
zombiealfie's Groups
zombiealfie's Contact & Social Links
please tell me how to install maps because every time i try to downloud a map it downlouds zip opener
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
i'll be perfectly honest with this map, after playing solo, the amount of doors there were to open (hell didnt see what i was opening) and how expensive they were is unfair against solo players, and also in solo, where am i supposed to survive, cant camp, no training spots, map is so small with no where to survive, and building points is not easy when i have to spend on a imaginary door as soon as i get them
I managed by the buyable ending.

Post Merge: August 22, 2013, 02:36:57 pm
please tell me how to install maps because every time i try to downloud a map it downlouds zip opener
You run the .exe and let it install.
Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:36:57 pm by SajeOne
The Doctor
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
I managed by the buyable ending.

Post Merge: August 22, 2013, 02:36:57 pm
You run the .exe and let it install.

i didnt even find the buyable ending prompt, nor the buyable T-Gun
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
i didnt even find the buyable ending prompt, nor the buyable T-Gun
The two wonder weapons you gotta buy the debris for from the green buttons. Then the thundergun is buyable in the stair case and freeze gun from the start room. Buyable ending is on the side of the truck on the dirt road area(I mentioned that the ending was too hard to find).
Date Registered: 23 June 2013
Last active: 11 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
More
PainfulLobbies's Contact & Social LinkspainfullobbiesPainfulLobbiesPainV2PainfulLobbies
there are alot more difficult maps than this one, and the fact that the doors are expensive is to compensate  for the fact that the map is so small and the fact that the map is small can not be changed because its a remake of my house just with a few bed rooms cut off from playable area.
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
the fact that the map is small can not be changed because its a remake of my house
The only logical solution is that you need to move into a bigger place, and this bigger place better have cheaper doors  :P
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
The map has been approved and will be added to the Manager when I get some spare time this weekend.
The Doctor
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
there are alot more difficult maps than this one, and the fact that the doors are expensive is to compensate  for the fact that the map is so small and the fact that the map is small can not be changed because its a remake of my house just with a few bed rooms cut off from playable area.

while i understand this, making the map like this, just takes solo out of the question
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
while i understand this, making the map like this, just takes solo out of the question
I don't know what you find about solo so hard, its perfectly manageable for a slightly above average player.
The Doctor
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
I don't know what you find about solo so hard, its perfectly manageable for a slightly above average player.

i wouldnt call it hard, just irritating, areas are small, but the door is expensive, all my money gone, rounds increase, cant afford weapon as i must open expensive doors for wider areas, just gets on my nerves

Loading ...