Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
itzValiant's Groups
itzValiant's Contact & Social Links
DAS ALTE HAUS V1.1

V1.1 Update:

New perk system! This should fix the error message that some of you may have got when launching the map.
Double Tap 2.0!
The text about Zones that appeared when the game starts has been removed.

Info:

Hi everyone! This is my first map. It's rather small but offers a classic zombies experience! I may work more on this map in the future. I, however, felt like it was time to release a first version of it.

I hope you will enjoy playing it! If you have any ideas or some feedback for this map, please let me know.
Note: Requires T4M

Story:

The year is 1941. You wake up in this old house near Dortmund, Germany. You have no idea how you got there. As you try to get out, you start hearing zombies. Now your only option is to stay and defend yourself.

Features:

Spoiler: click to open...
  • Wall weapons
  • Mystery box (6 locations)
  • BO1 weapons (in mystery box)
  • 4 classic perks: Quick Revive (solo), Speed Cola, Double Tap (2.0) and Juggernog
  • Pack-a-Punch
  • Easter egg music (copyright warning!)
  • Electric door
  • Kino der Toten-style teleporters
  • Powerups
  • Dog rounds

Special Thanks:

YouTube:

GAM3VIDZ, for teaching me the basics of map making.

BlackJackJonnyy, for his videos about terrain editing.

UGX Forum:

Gympie6, for Perks

shippuden1592, Deper, Ricko0z, Espi_thekiller, Gogeta (gogetinis),
RDV, natesmithzombies, mikevlc, Krazzyboy97 and JiffyNoodles, for BO1 weapons

Aidan, for Kino der Toten-style teleporter

Zombiemodding:

elfenlied (Apex), for the music easter egg

Trailer:

Screenshots:

Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 07:49:08 pm by itzValiant
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 25 June 2023
Last active: 3 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
young mapper
chill_AX2's Groups
chill_AX2's Contact & Social Links
Sexy map ngl
Date Registered: 20 September 2023
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
itzValiant's Groups
Date Registered: 26 April 2014
Last active: 8 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
TEDDYRIFIC's Groups
TEDDYRIFIC's Contact & Social Links
I keep getting the error " Could not find Script maps/bam_bo_mod_bo1_perks_standalone_functions. Tried launching with T4m as well
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
itzValiant's Groups
I keep getting the error " Could not find Script maps/bam_bo_mod_bo1_perks_standalone_functions. Tried launching with T4m as well
Thank you for pointing this out!

I have just released V1.1 of this map. I believe that error should be gone now.

P.S. I love your custom map videos! They inspired me to try to make my own map. :)

Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 07:59:14 pm by itzValiant
Date Registered: 3 January 2019
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Have a good day! :D
Basil_the_leaf's Contact & Social LinksBasil_the_leaf
DID NOT LOOK AT POST UNTIL AFTER PLAYING TO KEEP IT AS INTERESTING AS POSSIBLE

Pros
-good enviroment outside looks realistic
-house layout is feels like a geniune home
-wall weapons are placed perfectly (personal favorite being the mp40 outside by the betties and STG)
-Perks are simple and thats perfect for the map
-zombies pathing is pretty concise given the nature of custom maps
-Box weapons were handled well

Cons
-limited replay value beyond getting a better waves survived, but I mean thats for most maps that dont have an easter egg so
-Map is a little too cramped in the upstairs portion making it difficult to navigate even with few zombies
-camo looks slightly bugged unless the chrome look is intentional
-House interior could use slightly more detail, like items strewn about or furniture flipped over

Loved the map, it was very simple and gave off a mix of verucktt and nach both at the same time. I liked the limited perk selection/ weapon selection as many maps tend to go for a "throw it in a blender and see what happens approach" when it comes to porting weapons and perks. it causes the maps to be ethir too easy or really be very linear in how the play. The layout and outside area of the house looks really good, making it really feel like an actual house in the countryside of Germany somewhat. I would reccomened some more interior decor though as the house on the inside kinda felt like a for sale house with very minimal furniture and no real "human touch" to it if you get me. also the upstairs definitely makes sense for the proportions of a real person but the player characters get stuck on the corners ALOT when rounding them which isin't that big of a gripe. the placement and decisions made when choosing what weapons to put on the wall were honestly spot on giving every wall weapon a real chance to be extremely useful.

I would rate this a 4 outta 5 it was really pleasant to play. Take care!:thumbsup-smiley:

You can see my final stats here!
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198880944920/screenshot/2323362210753302255/
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
itzValiant's Groups
DID NOT LOOK AT POST UNTIL AFTER PLAYING TO KEEP IT AS INTERESTING AS POSSIBLE

Pros
-good enviroment outside looks realistic
-house layout is feels like a geniune home
-wall weapons are placed perfectly (personal favorite being the mp40 outside by the betties and STG)
-Perks are simple and thats perfect for the map
-zombies pathing is pretty concise given the nature of custom maps
-Box weapons were handled well

Cons
-limited replay value beyond getting a better waves survived, but I mean thats for most maps that dont have an easter egg so
-Map is a little too cramped in the upstairs portion making it difficult to navigate even with few zombies
-camo looks slightly bugged unless the chrome look is intentional
-House interior could use slightly more detail, like items strewn about or furniture flipped over

Loved the map, it was very simple and gave off a mix of verucktt and nach both at the same time. I liked the limited perk selection/ weapon selection as many maps tend to go for a "throw it in a blender and see what happens approach" when it comes to porting weapons and perks. it causes the maps to be ethir too easy or really be very linear in how the play. The layout and outside area of the house looks really good, making it really feel like an actual house in the countryside of Germany somewhat. I would reccomened some more interior decor though as the house on the inside kinda felt like a for sale house with very minimal furniture and no real "human touch" to it if you get me. also the upstairs definitely makes sense for the proportions of a real person but the player characters get stuck on the corners ALOT when rounding them which isin't that big of a gripe. the placement and decisions made when choosing what weapons to put on the wall were honestly spot on giving every wall weapon a real chance to be extremely useful.

I would rate this a 4 outta 5 it was really pleasant to play. Take care!:thumbsup-smiley:

You can see my final stats here!
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198880944920/screenshot/2323362210753302255/
Thank you for the feedback!
It means a lot to me. :)

I completely agree with everything you said.  

Loading ...