Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Signature
Corey's Groups
Corey's Contact & Social Links
DarkWoods

:Images:

Background
I have only made 1 map prior to this, and it was pretty lame. This one takes place deep in a forest, where the undead have risen up from the ground. Some say it's because of the witches and demons that lurk in the forest.
Progress through the map and unlock secret doors to gain access to new areas. (nothing too difficult)

Features

:9 perks:
4 Cod WaW
4 Black Ops
1 Black Ops 2

:Guns:
Most Cod WaW guns
Mp5
Stoner
Scorpion
CZ75
RPK

:Elements:
Eerie gameplay
Thick Fog
Cornfield (not a maze)
Unlockables
Buildable

:Other Features:
Buyable ending
Custom sounds
Custom PaP camo
Zombie Counter
No dogs
Easter egg leading to the ending
Unlock perk slots (start off with 4)

:Credits:
coddmodd: All the help he's given me with trouble shooting and tutorials
ZK: Youtube tutorials, buildables, shootable door
Mrhankey91: zombie counter
Bamskater: black ops perks, electric cherry
YaPh1l: Intro text, guidence help
RayxZombie: Black ops 2 weapon glow
DualVII: Round Sound template
FreeCodCinematics: Bridge prefab
gamer9294: Secret 3 button door
Pashan: Moving object script
Treminaor: Zone_fixer
TomBmx: Lime

Beta Testers:
Diego
xjonesy421
HitmanVere

If I forgot anyone in the credits, let me know and I'll add you.

Type in console "map nazi_zombie_darkwoods" to play

Sidenote: The map sort of broke on me when I was attempting to fix the gun sounds, so the BO guns don't have any reload sounds. But they do have their correct fire sounds.

Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 11:37:10 pm by Corey
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 22 October 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
My Groups
More
ocxmwys4mod's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
ocxmwys4mod's Contact & Social Links
Thank you for giving us such a good map, looks like a great  :troll:
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Thank you for giving us such a good map, looks like a great  :troll:

Holy f******g s**t!! You said something different!!??  :rainbow: :rainbow: :nyan:
Date Registered: 22 October 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
My Groups
More
ocxmwys4mod's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
ocxmwys4mod's Contact & Social Links
Sorry my English is very rotten, expression of some difficulties, I use Google translation tools. I really like your map, thank you
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
Signature
There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap.
SoulTaker's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
SoulTaker's Contact & Social Links
I shall give this a play through right now man !:D

Just letting I like running the map as devmap for a higher fov and just to let you know when you put all your mod stuff into the folder such as scripts, weapon images etc. Might want to fix that unless you want people to get your stuff.
Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:04:35 am by ValenciaRicardo1
Date Registered: 27 July 2013
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
UltzZ's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
UltzZ's Contact & Social LinksN/AUltzZUltzZOfficialUltimatumzZUltzZYouTube Channel
Got to Round 23 and finished the map. For the map I have 2 things to say (The first an opinion and the second a bug) Spoiler for the first one since I'm talking about the map.

Spoiler: click to open...
Firstly, I really like the design and portrayal of the map.  The W@W guns work perfectly on this map due to the old school feel and the eerie progression that the map implies.  At first, it seems as if its just a normal map and then things really start to hit the fan and those jittery vibes just kick in.  As for the scary feel, you did a terrific job.  Normally when I see a description of a map and it says "fog" and "maze", the first thing that comes into my head is jump scares and other pointless attempts at scaring us map players. I remember a post in a WIP map that was going to have jump scares and someone commented on how the jump scares and horror is pointless unless it is set up and thought out.  I feel as if you took some insight from that post xD. Also for the perks, the system you used was great but I didn't find a use for picking up Mule Kick or PHD, due to a bug which I address below, and I picked up Electric Cherry, but I didn't find it useful after getting it because it doesn't give you any points, kills off your horde when racking up points for the ending, and is pointless since there are large rape train areas.  I remember finding 4 teddies, but I am assuming there are 5.  I do not remember if I got a 5th one or not.  Anyways good job on the map.

Secondly, and more importantly, when I hit the box I got the M1 Garand with Grenade Launcher, but the Launcher was replaced with the Default weapon.  This lead to each wall weapon I got to just stack on to my weapons.  When I finished the map I had around 10 weapons at once instead of the usual 2 or 3 with mule kick.
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
Pizza that is all.
SoulTaker's Groups
SoulTaker's Contact & Social Links
The map was pretty good but it had small flaws. No reload sounds for some weapons as well as a pathing issue near the MP5.
Date Registered: 22 April 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
bkcarlito's Groups
bkcarlito's Contact & Social Linksbkcarlitobkcarlito
Great map for it being your second map made. Did an awesome job on environment feeling. I am not a big fan of jumpscares and have never really got scared from any of them. But on this map I actually got just a little scared when they popped up and they were well placed and you didn't over do it on them. As stated above there are some pathing issues other side of double tap and near MP5k. But other than the reload sounds not working on certain weapons, as you stated in your post, this map is great. Am having a bit of a time finding the other 2 teddy bears though. Found 3 but can't find the other 2. Look forward to your maps in the future.

Edit: Actually found the last teddy bear. I believe after you have found all teddy bears then you are able to get all perks, meaning the last teddy actually gives you 2 perk slots, cuz I was able to get my last 2 perks on the last teddy.
Beat the map in 21 rounds. And that numerous gun glitch needs to be fixed.
Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:16:04 pm by bkcarlito
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
just to let you know when you put all your mod stuff into the folder such as scripts, weapon images etc. Might want to fix that unless you want people to get your stuff.
Regardless if it's there, in an IWD or even the scripts in an FF people can still access them.

@Corey I would recommend checking the wiki tutorial Properly Package Your Map For Release as you have double included a number of files in some folders included within the installer increasing the file size by around 70 mb.
Spoiler: click to open...
Date Registered: 4 February 2014
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Corey's Groups
Corey's Contact & Social Links
Thanks for all the feedback everyone, I will look into the bugs that have been pointed out, however I am goin to wait a bit to release a 1.1 version to make sure I have found all the bugs. (If I can fix the problem I have with my map not opening)

@sage, thanks for that info, I'll definitely take a look at that next time I release something!

Also, what do you guys think of the pap camo? Too simple? Too lame? Or do you like it?

Loading ...