Date Registered: 29 September 2013
Last active: 10 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
chicken789's Groups
chicken789's Contact & Social Links
Can someone give me the link to all the mod tools and patches because I'm going to download all of them again mainly because of all errors I have been having lately. (Mod Tools, Mod Tools 1.1, etc.  And all the other patches. I can't use some download sites, such as game front because they don't allow downloads in some countries.)
Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 10:37:49 am by chicken789
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Date Registered: 29 September 2013
Last active: 10 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
chicken789's Groups
chicken789's Contact & Social Links
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Don't download modtools from the UGX wiki, they don't have versions 1.1 and 1.2.1, or sniperbolt's scripts.

I got my modtools from this video: Installing Mod Tools: MAKING A ZOMBIES MAP FROM SCRATCH

Note: you will need to signup for one of the download sites.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Don't download modtools from the UGX wiki, they don't have versions 1.1 and 1.2.1, or sniperbolt's scripts.
1.1 is included inside 1.2...

Sniperbolt's scripts are just ripped up versions of scripts pulled from Nazi Zombie Factory (Der Riese) with some poorly made prefabs thrown in with them. You can get the same fixes but with better quality and no script errors by using the UGX Modtools Patch linked on the wiki article...

I've also never needed or used the v1.2.1 patch. I've been using the same download of the modtools for over 4 years now without anything zombies-related missing or broken, and these are what I used to install it: http://i.imgur.com/nf4sqtY.png
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
1.1 is included inside 1.2...

Sniperbolt's scripts are just ripped up versions of scripts pulled from Nazi Zombie Factory (Der Riese) with some poorly made prefabs thrown in with them. You can get the same fixes but with better quality and no script errors by using the UGX Modtools Patch linked on the wiki article...

I've also never needed or used the v1.2.1 patch. I've been using the same download of the modtools for over 4 years now without anything zombies-related missing or broken, and these are what I used to install it: http://i.imgur.com/nf4sqtY.png

I've always been told that Sniperbolts scripts where terrible or "crap" but no one ever explains in detail as to why. The only problems I've noticed is duplicate sound aliases in weapons.csv, _utility.gsc not being loaded with patch.

1.2.1 must be included then because:

Spoiler: click to open...
--------------------------------
Added Files:
- FX files used in Verruckt, Kneedeep, Nachtfeuer, and Subway.
--------------------------------

http://gyazo.com/3b3145f4a712b71b2205ca52c5ea1ca7
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I've always been told that Sniperbolts scripts where terrible or "crap" but no one ever explains in detail as to why. The only problems I've noticed is duplicate sound aliases in weapons.csv, _utility.gsc not being loaded with patch.
The prefabs are way off-center which forces you to spend 15 seconds trying to figure out where the actual prefab contents were pasted into your map, the triggers and clips on the prefabs were not aligned properly, the random box prefabs have the wrong KvPs on them (don't match what he set in his example map file), the starting zone name in his map file doesn't match what all the wiki tutorials use which causes most people's zones to not work for a reason unknown to them, the dlc3_code.gsc and dlc3_teleporter.gsc's he made by ripping der reise scripts have a lot of script errors because he didn't bother to check if the player had placed teleporters before calling all of the functions - this causes errors if you're in developer 1 mode, he has duplicates in his soundalias file (which you mentioned), his browning soundalias line is broken, his test teleporters in the test map don't work, he failed to fix the zappers, and he included that infamous rpg line that everyone thinks is a compiler error.

Don't get me wrong, I still appreciate the effort since it's what everyone has been using up until recently, but that doesn't change everything that's wrong with them.

Not everything in that list is fixed in the patch I made, either. But most of it is, and I plan to do the rest after UGX Mod v1.1 is finished.

1.2.1 must be included then because:
http://gyazo.com/3b3145f4a712b71b2205ca52c5ea1ca7
I have all of those effects already. I have a feeling some download hosts combined 1.2.1 into another patch download since it was very tiny, and other hosts did not. The mirrors I chose for the wiki apparently did not combine it into another patch, hence the missing files. My personal copies of the modtools have those effects inside the v1.3 rar.

I have added 1.2.1 to the patch list on the UGX Wiki. Problem solved.

Loading ...