My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
xdddd
Signature
ZombieSlayer5778's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
ZombieSlayer5778's Contact & Social Links76561198200039562JSgaming
Hey guys I am a nooby mapper here, and I have created my first map. The only problem is, I don't know how to start it. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!  ;)
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
Open console, type either:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
devmap yourmapname
// or
map yourmapname
Date Registered: 1 February 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
xdddd
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Open console, type either:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
devmap yourmapname
// or
map yourmapname
I don't mean start it that way, I mean how to get your map into a file with all of the stuff in it  :)
Date Registered: 21 June 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Keep Scrolling...
Signature
I Am New Into Mapping And All Of That Kind Of Stuff.I Appreciate Every Help Provided!
LegendHugo's Groups
LegendHugo's Contact & Social LinksHdinis09Hdinis09@hdinis09DonHugo
I don't mean start it that way, I mean how to get your map into a file with all of the stuff in it  :)
If you mean package the map to share with other people.... check this:
http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=Properly_Package_Your_Map_For_Release

If not,be more specific please.
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Koan's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website

You mean compiling? After you compile map/build mod in Launcher you should be able to just open WaW and play it...
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
xdddd
You mean compiling? After you compile map/build mod in Launcher you should be able to just open WaW and play it...
What do I do with the patch and the .map? When I compile them, all that pops up are errors...
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
What do I do with the patch and the .map? When I compile them, all that pops up are errors...

The patch is only needed to be compiled once, for your use. Compile the .map, then the patch. Then you go on to compiling the MOD. A mod has a map in it, and is what contains everything outside of radiant. Scripts etc.
Date Registered: 21 June 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Keep Scrolling...
LegendHugo's Groups
LegendHugo's Contact & Social LinksHdinis09Hdinis09@hdinis09DonHugo
The patch is only needed to be compiled once, for your use. Compile the .map, then the patch. Then you go on to compiling the MOD. A mod has a map in it, and is what contains everything outside of radiant. Scripts etc.
Shouldn't he compile the patch evertime he uses radiant and makes changes?(just in case)
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
Shouldn't he compile the patch evertime he uses radiant and makes changes?(just in case)

For the most part, it's not needed. I am not completely sure when to do it, but f.example when installing Harry's 400fx fix you need to do it. Note that it can fuck up your mod if it contains such as .ff-files :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
xdddd
For the most part, it's not needed. I am not completely sure when to do it, but f.example when installing Harry's 400fx fix you need to do it. Note that it can fuck up your mod if it contains such as .ff-files :)
These are the errors I get when I try to compile:

"C:\users\me\AppData\Local\Activation\CodWaW\mods\HumorModTWO\mod.arena.iwd is denied"

That is one of the problems I got, the other ones are similar to this. Then the console tries to copy stuff, but it still doesn't work  :( ???

Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
No coz everytime you compile it your just compiling the same assets in over and over and over

only needs doing once - unless you make changes to your patch zone_source file, which i doubt you ever would

These are the errors I get when I try to compile:

"C:\users\me\AppData\Local\Activation\CodWaW\mods\HumorModTWO\mod.arena.iwd is denied"

That is one of the problems I got, the other ones are similar to this. Then the console tries to copy stuff, but it still doesn't work  :( ???

Select your entire call of duty directory

right click

properties

untick read only

apply

apply to all files and sub folders

make sure all "applications" in the root/bin folder are set to run in compatibility mode for XP and are set to run as admin

that error is irrelevent btw, its talking about a completely different mod that was never included in the mod tools properly
Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 12:53:37 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
xdddd
No coz everytime you compile it your just compiling the same assets in over and over and over

only needs doing once - unless you make changes to your patch zone_source file, which i doubt you ever would
Where do the assets go? Because for me, they go nowhere and I just get fucking errors every time.  ???
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Where do the assets go? Because for me, they go nowhere and I just get fucking errors every time.  ???
if youve compiled the patch, then they "already are" compiled into the MAPNAME_patch.ff that is now in root/mods/YOURMOD/

the patch only has things like the dogs in it anyway, barely anything in it, hence why its so small
Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 12:54:49 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
xdddd
if youve compiled the patch, then they "already are" compiled into the MAPNAME_patch.ff that is now in root/mods/YOURMOD/

the patch only has things like the dogs in it anyway, barely anything in it, hence why its so small
There is one problem with that though: since I get errors every time I compile, it doesn't make the patch.ff file  :(
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
There is one problem with that though: since I get errors every time I compile, it doesn't make the patch.ff file  :(
have you actually looked to see if one is made?

anyway it wont do anything until you "build the mod"

and as i already said, that error you posted is 100% irrelevent and can be completely ignored...
Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 01:20:57 am by Harry Bo21

Loading ...