Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Youtubers Rank

POLLHOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by UndeadGaming

Poll

Question: Should Youtubers that Support the UGX mods and the community Have Their own rank?(exampled of a valued member meatwaggon22 and GUNS4HIRE)

Yes to Youtuber rank
14 (38.9%)
No to Youtuber rank
22 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: July 13, 2015, 02:10:29 pm

Date Registered: 26 May 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Banned Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
UndeadGaming's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
UndeadGaming's Contact & Social LinksHardCoreHDCoreHD
Guys i think as respected members such as GUNNS4HIRE and meatwaggon22 (YouAlwaysWin) and other UGX respected Youtubers should have their own rank like donors.What do you think?

Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 03:36:15 pm by kieranFMT2
Date Registered: 19 March 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ALM] Developer
Signature
Bloodsport :- RELEASED -:
-WIP- Cabin Unique :- 75% -:

TheScotchGuy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
TheScotchGuy's Contact & Social LinksTheScotchGuyy
totally not, just because they have alot of subs doesnt mean they should get anything, if that was the case everyone who does youtube should have a title..
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Not really, no. There is dozens of Youtubers who use this site and don't interact with mappers or the community in any way so they are not deserving of a special title as they would be best reserved for people who actually use the site for more than just map downloads.

Other Youtubers who actually promote the site or communicate with the community maybe, but I don't think it would merit creating a new user group just for a small number of people. Some could possibly be considered eligable for a VIP or Affiliates user group if we ever created one but I don't think admin have any plans to as of yet so until then I think having them as part of the donor group is good enough.

If we did have a group though I would go with Affiliates or VIP.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ALM] Developer
TheScotchGuy's Groups
i agree with death, most big youtubers that you named dont even credit the mappers in their videos even though they use our content for there own gain.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Banned Elite
My Groups
More
More
UndeadGaming's Groups
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
But i would have to disagree because YouAlwaysWin spent their own money on this forum "over 100$" as lukkie1998 said and did 2 contests on this forum for mappers.

P.S Death i dont mind what rank name they get just that they get recognition for what they do
Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 02:37:46 pm by kieranFMT2
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ALM] Developer
TheScotchGuy's Groups
But i would have to disagree because YouAlwaysWin spent their own money on this forum "over 100$" as lukkie1998 said and did 2 contests on this forum for mappers.

P.S Death i dont mind what rank name they get just that they get recognition for what they do

they used money that they gained through youtube content to host a competition for ugx, but you always win werent the ones i was talking about i like watching yaw's vids :P
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Banned Elite
My Groups
More
More
UndeadGaming's Groups
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
me too major fan and supporter of yaw love their videos
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ALM] Developer
TheScotchGuy's Groups
me too major fan and supporter of yaw love their videos
Yaw could get a title for hosting the competition and being that they influenced the mappers into all making maps in such a short time for us all to have fun on.. i would say that much but random youtubers shouldnt get a title just for being a youtuber
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Banned Elite
My Groups
More
More
UndeadGaming's Groups
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
Thats why i think their should be a special way to get the youtubers rank like community mappers etc
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ALM] Developer
TheScotchGuy's Groups
im still stuck on the fact that youtubers take our content for personal gain and dont even give a sniff towards the name of who made the map or where to find it
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Banned Elite
My Groups
More
More
UndeadGaming's Groups
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
EDIT: Poll *Valued UGX Youtubers
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups

I did say only a few would actually deserve the title if we had one and Gunn would be one of those. That being said, I still don't think a 'Youtuber' user group is the way to go. If you think Gunn deserves a seperate status then feel free to PM the idea to Trem and maybe he will consider it.

Not sure of many others who would deserve to have an affiliate status though other than maybe YaW.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(

One contest not 2. And they get recognition, in the form of lots and lots of cash, I don't think half of them would even know or care if they had a custom title on here lol. And since when have you been a fighter for justice Kieran? Kieran won't stop until rich Youtubers get the recognition they deserve on a site they barely use, how noble of you ;D
Date Registered: 17 May 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
greeniezk5's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Not really, no. There is dozens of Youtubers who use this site and don't interact with mappers or the community in any way so they are not deserving of a special title as they would be best reserved for people who actually use the site for more than just map downloads.

Other Youtubers who actually promote the site or communicate with the community maybe, but I don't think it would merit creating a new user group just for a small number of people. Some could possibly be considered eligable for a VIP or Affiliates user group if we ever created one but I don't think admin have any plans to as of yet so until then I think having them as part of the donor group is good enough.

If we did have a group though I would go with Affiliates or VIP.
as someone who has posted a few videos on youtube and twitch i thought i d add my opinion ,for what its worth
ive tried to use my channel to help promote maps and sometimes with the map makers permission beta maps to give the map maker footage they can use to maybe iron out problems etc.
from this point of view i think it would be nice for map makers to know who out there will help with promoting the links and sites for maps .
whether you get a youtube rank might massage a few egos but  ,maybe an acknowledgement this person helps custom z s cause might work , as long as we know who out there in youtube land helps promote the custom community that would be the main concern for me .
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Banned Elite
My Groups
More
More
UndeadGaming's Groups
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
Poll has been edited as some flaws have been adressed so i changed to UGX valued Youtubers (so they must support ugx mods and ugx mappers)

Double Post Merge: June 13, 2015, 03:31:31 pm
my mistake there was only 1
Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 03:51:16 pm by kieranFMT2

Loading ...