UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Windows 10 GPU driver breaks WaW (For Some)

broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by SmoothCreamPie
Date Registered: 15 March 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Signature
Have a good day!
SmoothCreamPie's Contact & Social Links
Alright, so after upgrading to windows 10 and having no issues so far I booted up WaW to play Industrial Estate. (Note this happens on ALL custom zombies maps) Look at this video because I cant describe what is going on with it. My GPU is a GTX 970 Strix and I do not know if this is a error with my GPU or what.

https://youtu.be/sB8noZiRBEY

Any ideas? My only fix was turning my settings down to high instead of max. As the video shows, dynamic foliage and specular map have some effect on it.  :derp:  :derp:  :derp:
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
Alright, so after upgrading to windows 10 and having no issues so far I booted up WaW to play Industrial Estate. (Note this happens on ALL custom zombies maps) Look at this video because I cant describe what is going on with it. My GPU is a GTX 970 Strix and I do not know if this is a error with my GPU or what.

https://youtu.be/sB8noZiRBEY

Any ideas? My only fix was turning my settings down to high instead of max. As the video shows, dynamic foliage and specular map have some effect on it.  :derp:  :derp:  :derp:

This is not an issue for AMD users, just before everyone gets worried, lol.

Go to here and download 353.62 – WHQL, should be released 29th of July.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Edit: Also if that doesn't work downgrade to something lower, and disable both Geforce Experience and Windows 10 from downloading the updates automatcially, this is a common issue for many NVIDIA users.
Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 11:36:01 pm by Scobalula
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Uninstall your GPU drivers + software, restart, and check for updates. The latest driver available should be offered to you. Restart again after install for new drivers to take affect.

OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
Uninstall your GPU drivers + software, restart, and check for updates. The latest driver available should be offered to you. Restart again after install for new drivers to take affect.

That's the problem, people are saying the one being offered by both NVIDIA Experience and Windows 10 is broken...
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
That's the problem, people are saying the one being offered by both NVIDIA Experience and Windows 10 is broken...

I know. Nvidia has released new GPU drivers since then that supposedly "offers the best experience possible for Windows 10" with the driver version 353.62.

I've been using 353.62 with GTX 750 TI and haven't noticed any issues(besides stuttering in BF4, but that seems to be a hardware problem).
Date Registered: 15 March 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
SmoothCreamPie's Contact & Social Links
I'll give these fixes a try and let you all know how it works for me.  :P

Double Post Merge: August 03, 2015, 02:08:54 am

I'm actually already on the latest drivers for Nvidia. It must be an issue with the GTX 970?
Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:08:54 am by SmoothCreamPie
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra

Double Post Merge: August 03, 2015, 02:08:54 am
I'm actually already on the latest drivers for Nvidia. It must be an issue with the GTX 970?

I doubt you'd only have problems with World at War is it was something with the card.

I'd go ahead with reinstall the drivers to see if it fixes it. Even if you got the most up to date drivers, you can sometimes get driver conflicts when you install drivers on top of each other.

Just remember not to use the Geforce experience to download drivers first time around. Always use Windows Update in Windows 10.

Edit: also, did you run the DirectX setup in World at War's folder? You may need to run those setup files again.
Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:21:32 am by daedra descent
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
if you follow this i reccomend you this program: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html i use it many times with a lot of pc and it work perfect :)
Date Registered: 17 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Web & Software Developer and Designer
Signature
"Deleted code is debugged code." - Jeff Sickel
"Mathematicians stand on each others' shoulders and computer scientists stand on each others' toes." - Richard Hamming
JR-Imagine's Groups
Just remember not to use the Geforce experience to download drivers first time around. Always use Windows Update in Windows 10.
Yeah, because downloading driver updates from a source known to have broken drivers all the time over the driver manufacturer's own update software seems like a great idea! There's a reason third party driver update programs exist, Microsoft just push whatever new fancy driver they get given and that breaks shit all the time. I remember when there was an update for my MOBO's USB drivers, guess what, had to do a rollback cause none of my USB slots worked. Heck, Windows 10 LAUNCH drivers for Nvidia cards were broken, those are supposed to be stable! Nvidia pushed an update not much after it was reported that the driver was broken. I'm unaware if MS have pushed an update by now but they sure are late. Instead Microsoft focused on this pointless update: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930 (The funny thing is, the article is from the 28th, meaning Microsoft knew they were launching Windows 10 with broken Nvidia drivers, nice one.)

My recommendation: Change these settings to the ones shown in the screenshot:

Then download a TRUSTED third party driver update program (and keep using whatever update program your device manufacturer has for their hardware). I recommend http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php, it's easy to work with if you're not tech-savy, it's fast and you can pick whatever updates you want (get the hint Microsoft?).

if you follow this i reccomend you this program: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html i use it many times with a lot of pc and it work perfect :)
You can uninstall drivers from Windows' built in Device Manager.
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 15 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Signature
changed one line of code, bug is fixed

Coming to work on monday morning.
When a bug mysteriously disappears.

:ugxmods: Developer ;)
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site
I changed the misleading title.
It's always recommended to updade / install through the manufactor and not ANY THIRD PARTY.
NVIDIA will notify about new driver updates and most likely AMD and Intel as well.

No matter what Microsoft says, the drivers through Microsoft are always for legacy reasons available.
They are not 100% to be up-2-date.

( and thats why MS had these broken drivers, it takes some time for validation / communication and better a beta driver which somehow works than nothing )

For an casual user, I would not recommand as JR-Imagine does, to disable the driver download.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
Yeah, because downloading driver updates from a source known to have broken drivers all the time over the driver manufacturer's own update software seems like a great idea!

And so does installing drivers from an OEM application when Windows Update could install its drivers over the OEM drivers right after you install them.  :please:

Loading ...