Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I hope I'm not banned for speaking against Tom BMX, but I'm going to try my best to clear up what I truly believe are lies towards me  that he just posted about why we "lost our permissions".

As hard as it may be for you to believe, all of his comments about me and/or UGX being childish are really things he should be saying about himself. He's been changing our download links behind our backs and when confronted about it, he tells us it's his way or the highway, even though we've been posting our download links the same way for 8 months. All of a sudden he changes his mind and starts deleting our download links because they violate this uploading procedure: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7345145/image_uploads/UGX/20120803-5h7-554kb.jpg

Quote from: Tom_BMX
This is down to very childish behavior by there founder, which is unfortunate.
I tried to handle this entire situation has level-headedly as I possibly could but contrary to what Tom has stated here, he's the one being a child about this. Let's refer to a message he typed to me while editing our download link for the 5th time: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7345145/image_uploads/UGX/shot_832012_93404_am.png

If that isn't childish, apparently I don't know what is.

Tom's also referred to Darkflame as "as thick as fuck" - that's not childish? Insulting someone's intelligence? Here's the quote on that one (it's highlighted for you): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7345145/UGX/tom_highlighted.png

UGX members had permission to approve their own maps, but it seams they also felt the rules did not apply to them.
So you think that for 8 months it was ok to leave things as they were, and then randomly a week ago you decide you don't like it anymore? I'd call that childish as well. If this rule is as old as you told us it was, you should have enforced it back in January...

Since I've been busy and not maintaining the downloads it has gone unnoticed for a while.
They where not correctly following the upload procedure and linking the download to their website directly for a number of downloads on ZM. As well as linking many other downloads to a central download, which is not allowed in the ZM rules for obvious reasons.
Obvious reasons? Oh please, do go on. I'd love to hear them.

I changed out the links, but UGX decided the correct thing to do would be ignore me and keep editing the links back.
So I had to resort to removing their permissions to stop the hooligan outbreak that was in-progress.
Hooligan outbreak? So now we're back to namecalling? Real mature there, Tom.

Since then [UGX] Treminaor has made threats towards me if I ban him, which is just not acceptable.
I've never threatened you a day in my life. What good would that do me? You honestly think that I would try to threaten an admin against banning me? That's a lose-lose battle. Show me verifiable evidence that I did anything like you claim in context, please. Also if I recall from earlier in this post, you were threatening me if I changed my own download link. Hmm.

May I remind you [UGX] Treminaor was previous banned a while back for his attitude and behavior, but we decided to give him another chance.
Actually, you banned me because you didn't like the fact that I tried making a Killing Floor style trader menu when you had already started one. You also falsely accused me of copying your scripts, which you had no proof of other than a modification I did of your music box over a year ago. You can publicize this information all you want, it's irrelevant to this problem other than it proves you have personal problems with me, which adds to your low level of maturity.

It seams his aggressive personality has not subsided.
Aggressive? When have I been aggressive towards you or in this situation at all? It seems your childish personality has not subsided either.

He has also sent numerous PM's to darkflame trying to play the innocent party and undermine me, which just adds to the growing list of childish actions.
Who else was I to call upon while you were on your power trip? He owns this site, I would think that he's the ultimate authority. The fact that you KNOW about the PM's just adds to the fact that you're snooping like a child.

It seams all the time I spent answering the 1000's of questions the majority of UGX members have asked me personally about scripting and modding are not appreciated, which is a shame.
You haven't even exchanged 1000's of messages with us, much less answered 1000's of questions. About 800 of the supposed thousand might have been you replying "owned" however. Nice mature response.

If you wish to affiliate yourself with this clan that is your choice and is perfeclty acceptable.
Whoohoo! Free advertising! http://ugx-mods.com

If you have a objection to the desicion I have made please PM me and I will take it into consideration.
lol

So if you're actually still reading this (and if the topic hasn't been removed yet), here's the point: This all started because Tom started changing our download links without notice. Initially we thought one of the mods was playing around with us (ie trolling) so we changed it back and moved on. A few days later it changed again. We changed it back. This happened about 4 times and then yesterday we found out it was Tom changing this. After trying to talk to him in Steam (which resulted in the conversation screenshoted near the beginning), we basically were told that we have to follow this newly enforced rule or we can't post at all. Obviously this new rule completely goes against our current system of using the Map Manager because he requires us to post direct links to our maps. This doesn't work because the updates to the maps are incremental, so you would only be downloading 1.0 and then have to update the map yourself with multiple other zip files. This completely defeats the purpose of the Map Manager.

If you like the way the Map Manager works, and/or would like to see us be able to resume posting maps as we have in the past (and if you would like to see Comosea released here), I ask you to please let Tom_BMX know how you feel about this situation in hopes that an exception to the rule can be made and we can put this all behind us. If all else fails, you won't see any more UGX posts on ZM and you will have to check the UGX-Mods forum regularly for updates.

Thank you for your time,
treminaor

broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 19 November 2011
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
OnlineX420's Groups
OnlineX420's Contact & Social LinksOX420Online
Kind of reminds me of the whole shutting down of megaupload. the reason why i say it reminds me of the conflict between Federal Bureau of Investigation(FBI) and the site is because the site allowed movie streamers and music downloaders all over the world to have access to great,amazing content. which is very much like the map manager(very easy to use, an convenient)
problem you stated which an admin said it was against the rules.(most W.I.P posts break them everyday....)

For the UGX map manager i really don't see the problem with having direct links to your map within the manager itself, but as you stated your links were "mysterious" changed. which in my opinion is ridiculous i and everyone else know if one of the UGX member never changed the links then it would have had to been an admin, im not stating that its tom, but it seems like no one has really did the right thing and "man up".

{removal of ZM Mapper/Modder statuses]
not really a big problem sense your members have your own site and can make really any kind of titles you want for your self :D

May I remind you [UGX] Treminaor was previous banned a while back for his attitude and behavior, but we decided to give him another chance.

It seams his aggressive personality has not subsided.

He has also sent numerous PM's to darkflame trying to play the innocent party and undermine me, which just adds to the growing list of childish actions.

"It seams his aggressive personality has not subsided" not to be a dick, but your not the nicest around either....
"He has also sent numerous PM's to darkflame trying to play the innocent party and undermine me, which just adds to the growing list of childish actions."
it seems a bit more childish if you were to abuse your admin powers, and strip a title from someone who has worked hard(TBH have done more then most mappers,scripter ive seen EVER!)

as a closing statement, i wish for this drama to be over and done with. ZM & UGX are the only real CZM site that have really made an impact on what i do in mapping itself *cough* *cough* TMG is out of the question :P

Date Registered: 4 August 2012
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
deathclonic's Groups
I believe those links should have brought people to this site instead. I also believe this site could be so much better than zm (Not to hate on zm or anything, I just see more quality here.).

The only thing missing is the live chat, which could be taken advantage of since zm has been banning people. I do agree with most of the bans because certain people were unbearable or rude, but I'm sure some people had no reason to be banned.

The map manager is amazing, compared to uploading to gamefront (Just to find out your download needs to be verified, and it never does verify that download. Meaning you have to upload the same thing multiple times.). I believe there should be a users section in the map manager for other people to upload to as well, or a separate map manager.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I believe those links should have brought people to this site instead. I also believe this site could be so much better than zm (Not to hate on zm or anything, I just see more quality here.).
We just need more members :)

The only thing missing is the live chat, which could be taken advantage of since zm has been banning people. I do agree with most of the bans because certain people were unbearable or rude, but I'm sure some people had no reason to be banned.
There is a Chatbox button on the main menu of the site. I don't believe a chatbox is incredibly useful after sitting in the ZM one but maybe I'm wrong.

The map manager is amazing, compared to uploading to gamefront (Just to find out your download needs to be verified, and it never does verify that download. Meaning you have to upload the same thing multiple times.). I believe there should be a users section in the map manager for other people to upload to as well, or a separate map manager.
We also believe that the Map Manager is superior to Gamefront, which is why we continue to fight this battle in the first place.

Thank you for your response and support.
Date Registered: 14 March 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
zNiiC's Groups
zNiiC's Contact & Social LinkszNiiCRAiiDz
as a closing statement, i wish for this drama to be over and done with. ZM & UGX are the only real CZM site that have really made an impact on what i do in mapping itself *cough* *cough* TMG is out of the question

How has ZM helped you map? Most maps there are boxes, except for UGX maps and others like Seelow. You jut say TMG is bad because they don't like box maps, when infact bring some custon gameplay and new weapons from non cod games, which is far better than any one on ZM (besides UGX, etc).

I think the map manager is very helpful because you literally just have to click one button and it downloads, and places the mod in the correct folder. I personally like it, but if you guys are changing the links to your site when Tom obviously doesn't like it (when he has the change them back), there may be something wrong. That's what I think about this.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I think the map manager is very helpful because you literally just have to click one button and it downloads, and places the mod in the correct folder. I personally like it, but if you guys are changing the links to your site when Tom obviously doesn't like it (when he has the change them back), there may be something wrong. That's what I think about this.
All of the links were links to pages on Zombiemodding. The download for UGX Map Manager was hosted on our site for obvious reasons.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
:(
We're sorry.
The embdedded media couldn't be retrieved.
View reason
The response was empty.
View media in new tab
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
For anyone who did not see it, this is the topic that Tom_BMX banned W1NG3D for posting (and deleted the topic):
Date Registered: 14 March 2012
Last active: 11 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
i love zombies
ZMBS DON GOONY's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
ZMBS DON GOONY's Contact & Social LinksZMBS_DON_GOONY
i posted this link on zm i hope nobody is offended or mad i did but i had to speak my mind

http://www.zombiemodding.com/index.php/topic,8005.0.html

edit here is actual post

I really miss those times! Honestly tho since the dispute between the 2 has happened i have really been thrown off from mappin and scriptin and i know deep down inside im not the only mapper  who is bein affected by this like when i first joined the custom zombie community right away Treminoar  and Tom_BMX became my zombiemodding icons as well as others not mentioned! For the ppl who have me on Skype and Steam they all kno on an average day i may spend 16 hours a day on mapping or scripting whether it was for my own map or if i was helping others. I believe in Unity and i Definitely believe in forgiveness. So with that being said i hope the 2 can really reconcile and the zombie commmunity can be at peace once again. I know Both parties have alot to offer each other and even more than that we are men and men know how to work things out!!

Fact: Tom_ BMX  is a legend and he has alot of power in the community and I believe he is so Smart and Loved by us all that whenever he decides to he can make a post and bring us all back together again and end this drama.

PLZ correct me if im wrong but from the post i read i c this is over links being changed without permission and the ugx map manager was breakin the rules?

I HOPE NOT TO GET BANNED OR DISLIKED FOR MY NEXT STATEMENT BUT OH WELL IM ONLY TRYIN TO HELP

When the links was first changed  I know that they was ONLY  being changed back becuz UGX had no idea who was changing them and Trem exact words to me was that" i think someone is trollin our links and changin them but we dont know who and y" this was a msg to me via steam as me n trem was already in a convo

So with that being said i dont think UGX was intentionally tryin to undermine Tom decisions by changing the link back. In my opinion when Tom changed the link the first time he should have told them or informed them that he changed it and y so they cud know not to change it back LIKE SEROIUS U GOTTA BE OUT YO FN MIND TO GO AGAINST TOM and we all think like that so of course they wud have either had to honor his decision or move around. I think they wud of Opted to just put thier minds together and figure out a way to make the map manager work within the ZM rules.

map manger was fine for awhile on zm so they didnt think they was doin anything wrong cuz nobody said nothin for a long time which is understandable BUT ==

"even tho ppl sell drugs for a long time and get away with it doesnt mean its ok " ==

NOTE : I'm not taking sides on this im just a mere speck in this community who wud like to c the 2 back friends again!!

@ Tom u have no idea how much respect and love Treminoar have for u but i do cuz he confided in me so PLZ find it in your heart to forgive them and try to just understand the fact that  "They really thought it was someone else changing thier links and trolling them!!" They never thought it was u at all since the map manager bn like that since Jan and no one had an idea it was against the rules. Also its no secret that all the other mods (ugx, custom cod, and tmg) all depend on zm and thier users  so nobody is really tryin to bite the hand that feeds them OR DISOBEY.

So to the community if anybody else will like to c these two reunite again plz post or just leave a smiley or something sayin that u agree that peace is needed and due to us all here.

P.S == this took alot of courage for me to post for my fear of getting banned or ppl here not liking me anymore but hey somethings are worth the risk and if i get banned or disowned and the 2 come together again then it was worth getting banned for!!!

Loading ...