Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
The sound of God is the screech of tires, lights and magnets, bolts and wires. Strayed from the road, this very one, still to come. The sound of tires is the sound of God, the electric version.
mrpeanut188's Groups
mrpeanut188's Contact & Social Linksmrpeanut1881337p34nutmrpeanut188
Figured I'd come on here and see your reactions but I guess the VR hype has died down. The consumer rift begins shipping in March for the whopping price tag of 600$.

Will you be getting VR anytime soon, and at what price?

I'll wait until it's under $400.

Will add some sources when I'm off mobile.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 27 January 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Signature
liamsa669's Groups
liamsa669's Contact & Social Links
I guess the VR hype has died down.
damn right the vr has died down, if i really wanted to wear goggles to see a screen, id play the old Nintendo system (i think it was Nintendo) Itll be worth buying once it can input the senses into your brain, untill then there isnt much diffrence between that and normal screens besides the gyroscope. Another thing with the prototypes, idk about the new ones, they had cords with them. whats the point of a headset that has a cord in it? but once it can directly input the senses, ill buy one right away... idc if its a SAO kind of shit (the kidnapping i mean), ill still buy it hands down
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
The old me would drop PC in a heart beat and sign up. But now that just looks like it would make me nauseous. Getting old sucks.
Date Registered: 20 August 2014
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Coding Hobbyist, Application & Web Development
Signature
Undeadmetal's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Undeadmetal's Contact & Social LinksOnlyAGamer
Oculus Rift seemed interesting but I found FOVE to be a bit cooler in my opinion.

I'm waiting to buy one, Mainly so I can see the downside and issues first. I mean I'm sure someone will mess up their eyes really bad from gaming to much.

also the microsoft hololens  :rainbow:
Date Registered: 21 December 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
mrpeanut188's Groups
if i really wanted to wear goggles to see a screen, id play the old Nintendo system (i think it was Nintendo) Itll be worth buying once it can input the senses into your brain, untill then there isnt much diffrence between that and normal screens besides the gyroscope.
From what I've heard of friends who have tried it, they all said they felt like they were there. Sad news though, they did go with resolution over a better fov and you will always have black borders on the edges of the screen.

nother thing with the prototypes, idk about the new ones, they had cords with them. whats the point of a headset that has a cord in it?
It's wireless now, and it comes with a built in headset so you don't have both the rift and a headset weighing your head down. Speaking of that, it's also lighter than before. Most of the pieces are removable and replaceable. Also the whole 'into your senses' thing is batshit insane, that's too far.

The old me would drop PC in a heart beat and sign up. But now that just looks like it would make me nauseous. Getting old sucks.
According to some random person on the internet, it has further reduced the motion sickness. We have yet to see this reaction echoed from a trustable source.

Oculus Rift seemed interesting but I found FOVE to be a bit cooler in my opinion.

I'm waiting to buy one, Mainly so I can see the downside and issues first. I mean I'm sure someone will mess up their eyes really bad from gaming to much.

also the microsoft hololens  :rainbow:
Haven't heard of the FOVE, will check it out. My eyes were fucked since birth so it's not like I can fuck them up any further (it's that bad.)

Also the hololens has a really small field of view, according to Microsoft like "standing 2 feet from a 15" monitor".

[Edit]
Nevermind, I have heard of FOVE. I think the best part is that once we nail down eye tracking, you can focus the majority of rendering to that area and then if the rest is low quality it will not show.
Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 11:21:08 pm by mrpeanut188
Date Registered: 27 January 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
liamsa669's Groups
liamsa669's Contact & Social Links
From what I've heard of friends who have tried it, they all said they felt like they were there. Sad news though, they did go with resolution over a better fov and you will always have black borders on the edges of the screen.

I seriously doubt that :D it is probally like what happened with the train motion picture, where they filmed a train heading straight towards a camera, and when people saw it in theaters, even though it was black and white, the people paniced and ran out of the theater, where as now-a-days we have 3D glasses... id hate to see them react to transformers in 3d :troll:

its only like that for a little but then you realize the faults in the device and dont get bothered
Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 01:26:02 am by liamsa669
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
mrpeanut188's Groups
its only like that for a little but then you realize the faults in the device and dont get bothered
So it's just like the thing with the train? You can't get bothered to look at a monitor/tv because video games are boring?  ::)

All technology is like that it's personal preference. But yes there's no way that I can get 600$ worth of entertainment out of it. Even 400$ is a stretch. The price will drop soon, either because people get bored of it or it's making enough that they can mass-produce more to reduce the price.
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha

According to some random person on the internet, it has further reduced the motion sickness. We have yet to see this reaction echoed from a trustable source.

That would be awesome. I just think about the time I was playing on my SEGA Genisis, some tube racing game, where I built a box around the TV, coned up to my head like goggles, with foil inside, and I tried to play that way.  :rainbow: not in a good way lol
Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 02:31:55 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
mrpeanut188's Groups
That would be awesome. I just think about the time I was playing on my SEGA Genisis, some tube racing game, where I built a box around the TV, coned up to my head like goggles, with foil inside, and I tried to play that way.  :rainbow: not in a good way lol
Oh god, first mention of Genesis I thought of SONIC, then you said tube racing...

Genesis best console I've ever owned.

[Edit]
Speaking of Sonic, apparently they re-re-rebooted the Sonic 2 HD remake. Hehe, that thing started as a community project then shutdown into a team, then destroyed, then rebooted, and now is here today.
http://sonic2hd.blogspot.com/

Most recent link is broken though, that's kind of disappointing.
Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 02:49:27 pm by mrpeanut188

Loading ...