Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
lordkurt6's Groups
lordkurt6's Contact & Social LinkstehfeedzPryZeWaRVii
plz check out the new dying light developer tools were u can make ur own open world maps using over 30000asset and more make mission everything type in dying light developer tools into youtube ur find it so much better than this
broken avatar :(
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 4 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
Denunciado.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 08:38:13 pm by steviewonder87
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Better than GtkRadiant? I call bullshit.

Edit: No 2D grid? Yeah, GtkRadiant FTW.

Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 08:51:24 pm by daedra descent
Relentless Mapper
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Nuclear
Nuclear
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
All the "new" tools(UE4,CE4,Unity,Frosbite and maybe more) they are coping each other. Like DD say: GTKradiant FTW.

☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
All the "new" tools(UE4,CE4,Unity,Frosbite and maybe more) they are coping each other. Like DD say: GTKradiant FTW.

I'm 90% sure all of those level editors are based off of the GtkRadiant or earlier Quake editors anyway. They just adopted the original technology behind them and then ported them for their personal needs.

Date Registered: 17 August 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Web & Software Developer and Designer
Signature
"Deleted code is debugged code." - Jeff Sickel
"Mathematicians stand on each others' shoulders and computer scientists stand on each others' toes." - Richard Hamming
JR-Imagine's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
I'm 90% sure all of those level editors are based off of the GtkRadiant or earlier Quake editors anyway. They just adopted the original technology behind them and then ported them for their personal needs.
Stop assuming stuff... GtkRadiant is open source with a GPL License, meaning its source can't be used unless the product using it is open sourced too.

Calling Radiant better than the newer editors is silly to say the least. Have you actually played around with any modern editors? They contain a TON more useful features for developers compared to Radiant (UE4's blueprints for example). A great example of why Radiant is nothing compared to modern editors: Terrain. Radiant's terrain editing is trivial and in no way user friendly compared to, for example, CryEngine's terrain editor.

Edit: No 2D grid? Yeah, GtkRadiant FTW.
While I agree a 2D grid can be useful sometimes, the implementation of viewports in modern editors is sufficient and arguably a better way of handling 2D manipulation in a 3D space. Usually 2D grids become cluttered anyway.
Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:31:13 pm by JR-Imagine
Relentless Mapper
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
Stop assuming stuff... GtkRadiant is open source with a GPL License, meaning its source can't be used unless the product using it is open sourced too.

Calling Radiant better than the newer editors is silly to say the least. Have you actually played around with any modern editors? They contain a TON more useful features for developers compared to Radiant (UE4's blueprints for example). A great example of why Radiant is nothing compared to modern editors: Terrain. Radiant's terrain editing is trivial and in no way user friendly compared to, for example, CryEngine's terrain editor.
While I agree a 2D grid can be useful sometimes, the implementation of viewports in modern editors is sufficient and arguably a better way of handling 2D manipulation in a 3D space. Usually 2D views become cluttered anyway.
terraint editors are very good, but i really prefer the radiant one. Also try to make a house in the new engine's and later make a house in radiant. You going to see a big difference.
Date Registered: 17 August 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Web & Software Developer and Designer
JR-Imagine's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
terraint editors are very good, but i really prefer the radiant one.
You prefer having to manually add vertices to your terrain patch to allow for more complex terrain?
You prefer not even being given the option to import heightmaps?
You prefer having to redo the texturing of the terrain every time you make a slight edit?

Could name some other things but you get the point.

Also try to make a house in the new engine's and later make a house in radiant. You going to see a big difference.
Developers have been using 3D modelling software for structures etc for years now. They give you more control and allow you to optimise better with lower polycounts unlike brushes. There's very few editors that still rely on brushes to create structures.
Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 03:08:13 pm by JR-Imagine
Date Registered: 21 December 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Signature
The sound of God is the screech of tires, lights and magnets, bolts and wires. Strayed from the road, this very one, still to come. The sound of tires is the sound of God, the electric version.
mrpeanut188's Groups
mrpeanut188's Contact & Social Linksmrpeanut1881337p34nutmrpeanut188
everything about how modern editors are better than radiant.
The difference between many modern editors and Radiant is that Radiant is simpler, as most of it's interface is open at start and not hidden away. But modern editors feature so much more finetuning that if you know how to do it it's a million times better.

[/thread]

Loading ...