My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Letting Zombies eat my brains since 82
Signature
Zombiejelly's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Zombiejelly's Contact & Social LinksZombiejelly115Zombiejelly115@BradtimmsZombiejelly
im currently downloading day z standalone, it was released on steam early access if anyone wants to play if they buy it then hit me up on steam.
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Ive been waiting for this for a while, is it different from the mod in any ways?
Date Registered: 24 September 2012
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombiejelly's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Zombiejelly's Contact & Social LinksZombiejelly115Zombiejelly115@BradtimmsZombiejelly
Im telling u what, it was worth the wait. It is alot better than the mod. There is so much detail and depth to character customization. U can even disinfect items to keep from getting sick. There is alot of survival aspects from the 2 hrs or so i played. The zombies are still a little glitchy but from what im told they are going to be fixed. What really blows my mind is that the game is supposedly pre alpha but still its really fun. If u decide to spend the 30 dollars on it then let me know and we can play. Had to stop for the night cuz i gotta work tomorrow. It almost makes me want to lay out tomorrow lol i better not :P
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Ill get it when my new computer arrives. Whats your steam ID?
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Considering how long it's taken them to get to this point, and considering that they pretty much had a working game to start with, I find it ridiculous that the game isn't nearly finished by now. The Alpha should have been ready many months ago, and about this time we should have been anticipating the full release, not an overpriced early-access title. I'll pay when the game is finished - there's no way I'm going to pay them before they've done any real work.

The graphics are still ARMA 2 (read: ugly), 95% of the models and map areas are just direct from ARMA 2... what was the point of making this standalone if all they do is rip the assets out of ARMA 2 and rip the code out of DayZ Mod and then pile it back together on top of ARMA 2 again? Totally pointless from a technical perspective and I think the community should remind Dean Hall that we were expecting better. If everyone just buys up the $30 alpha then you are saying you are content with what it is and that you would happily pay them money IN ADVANCE for a game they probably won't even be able to make correctly.

Believe me, I'd love to be proven wrong about this later on when/if they release a full game, but I'm rightly skeptical about this whole thing currently.

Plus they are now posting screenshots of tshirts, multicolor backpacks, and masks instead of posting screenshots of new engine additions or gameplay mechanics... doesn't this sound like War Z to anyone else?

/rant
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
I think the community should remind Dean Hall that we were expecting better.
Don't worry, that's what the steam forums are full of lol.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombiejelly's Groups
Well for someone who is currently playing the game I can say that the graphics are arma 3 engine. It clearly says when u purchase the game that it is very bare bones and people should not purchase it looking for a complete game. It says it plain as day, so I purchased it knowing that its a pre alpha so im not expecting anymore than that at the moment. So if u have chosen to wait till the game is complete thats probably a smart move if u are planning on being blown away. I bought the game knowing there were bugs, which i havent ran into any yet that are game breaking. I think there is no need to worry. My point being that the game is great for what it is. Thats the reason I hardly ever look to game forums for reviews on games. Reason is because most of the people making the reviews are people that havent even played the game, they watched a couple videos on youtube or read the forums and make there judgement from that. Everyone is different and everyone looks for different things and expects different things. So with all that being said if u want to buy a game thats unfinished with bugs and what not then buy it. If you are looking for a complete game with tons of features and lots of stuff to do then dont buy it :)
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Well for someone who is currently playing the game I can say that the graphics are arma 3 engine. It clearly says when u purchase the game that it is very bare bones and people should not purchase it looking for a complete game. It says it plain as day, so I purchased it knowing that its a pre alpha so im not expecting anymore than that at the moment. So if u have chosen to wait till the game is complete thats probably a smart move if u are planning on being blown away. I bought the game knowing there were bugs, which i havent ran into any yet that are game breaking. I think there is no need to worry. My point being that the game is great for what it is. Thats the reason I hardly ever look to game forums for reviews on games. Reason is because most of the people making the reviews are people that havent even played the game, they watched a couple videos on youtube or read the forums and make there judgement from that. Everyone is different and everyone looks for different things and expects different things. So with all that being said if u want to buy a game thats unfinished with bugs and what not then buy it. If you are looking for a complete game with tons of features and lots of stuff to do then dont buy it :)
I agree with your point(being someone who bought it). But I think you are somewhat missing the point that treminaor is trying to make.

It's not necessarily that it has bugs and not many features IN alpha stages but that at this point in development we're still in alpha with barely any new features I can think of. They had a whole base game to work off of and still are only this far. I only played for a small while but while I did I saw a couple things that bugged me.

First from what I have heard and seen(not confirmed) they only have a small amount of weapons in the game so far, no vehicles, lots of minor bugs, not many or any additional features I have seen yet that differ from the mod, buggy and bad looking menu(layout is great, design is less than par) and that they seem to waste their time on things like payday masks, different color of the same backpack and motorcycle helmet. Which leaves me wondering why they spend their time adding non essential appearance items when they could be working on adding the core features that do not already exist within the game, or fixing bugs that are needing repair.

Before I end this just to re-clarify, it's not that I'm complaining about the game acting like this in alpha, I'm bothered by the fact that we're STILL IN alpha. For the amount of time spent on this game and how much they had to start with I have to concur with treminaor that at this point it's just ridiculous.

Regardless I hope they pull it together and start making this game worth people's purchases and not just a second purchase of Arma2. Hopefully they will think about some of the things that have been posted in the community and change their course of development to better their game.
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 1 day ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Signature
changed one line of code, bug is fixed

Coming to work on monday morning.
When a bug mysteriously disappears.

:ugxmods: Developer ;)
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site
Idk. For a $30 it's a great deal.

The whole island was reworked. You clearly see that we you play it.
You kinda have this "hey I know this place" but it's totally reworked.

Many many buildings are now enterable and it's just nice to loot more buildings now.
( apperently where I played loot was really really rare ~.~ )

The game has now many new possibilities, thanks to the access to the engine.
The new sceleton they use with the new animation just gives the whole game a new feeling.

It feels more fluid, it looks more natural and the graphics are also good. Idk, ArmA 2 looked already great ( you just need a beast pc, some config tweaking and sweetfx )

Apperently it doesn't look that good as ArmA 3 and it doesn't seem to have any major ArmA 3 branch additions aswell.
I would wish to have multiple stances, picture-in-picture ( for mirros, etc. ) and of course the advanced graphics + graphic settings.

The UI is so far for me a joke. Even for an alpha. You can't see if you are thirsty, hungry or where you are bleeding. ( blalbabla, fuck 3rd person ! )
Usually you would feel this, but since it's a game you have to display it visually!

There are also some logic issues: You can't attack while holding a flashlight. This reminds me really of ArmA 2 which had this inaccessability. I also couldn't use my knife while I was in crouch. (dafuq?)

The inventory system seems really nice, although it was confusing that the key is now on TAB instead of I (ArmA 2) or G ( ArmA 3 )

I understand everyone's point.
DayZ standalone is finally here. It seems a great step forward. - But for some it took to long ( small dev team ).
It somehow has it's "oh awesome" - moments but still have this taste of ArmA 2 bugs/glitches/issues and the kinda rip-off, although it was totally reworked. ( it wasn't just a copy & paste of assets like in cod )

Personally, I'm happy to play it now. I almost wanted to start with DayZ mod but now with Standalone I don't see a point. - The team has to fix and extend the game now and modders should get ready and should have an early influence to make it into a great game.

[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Well for someone who is currently playing the game I can say that the graphics are arma 3 engine.
Have you played ARMA 3 on max settings? Because ARMA 3 certainly looks better than ARMA 2 ever did, and DayZ Standalone is built on a modified ARMA 2.

As you can see from staring at the above image long enough, we have some improved drawdistance, some higher-LOD tree models, a slightly higher surface texture resolution, and low-detail shadows are enabled - these aren't innovations, they are engine tweaks and graphics settings lol. Considering these guys are backed by BIS themselves, I would think that simple engine tweaks would not have taken this long to implement. I mean honestly most people had to play DayZ mod with the advanced graphics settings turned off (especially shadows) because the FPS was so terrible due to unoptimized mod code - so I might even draw the conclusion that all they've done is optimized the DayZ code well enough to turn up the existing graphics lol - which could and should have been done a long time ago with the mod they basically abandoned to work on this.

Yes, they have made some visual improvements but it still doesnt look like or perform like ARMA 3 (or any current gen zombie game imo).

ARMA 3:

Meanwhile DayZ origins is one of the only recently-maintained DayZ mod branches available and I think it has a ton of features that Standalone should have... remind me why are Dean & friends doing a standalone game?

Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site
Because they have access to the engine and can fix engine things.
A2 wasn't designed for this.

A huge update was done to the AI, Inventory, NetCode and yes, Engine Optimization to have better FPS.

The reason why it took so long were server issues and the zombie AI. ( which is still not perfect )

For the tree thing, it has nothing to do with LOD. Thats an alpha setting which was introduced in an Arrowhead patch.
But you see the reworked part pretty well.

And how does a current gen game run? Like  BF4 which crashes the whole time or CoD Ghosts which needs 6gb of ram and 64bit only ( idk if this is fixed but I doubt it )

And of course it doesn't look like A3. - They use the ToH branch ( not ArmA 2 ! ) to get the game out as fast as possible. - Idk how large the team is but they were always talking about ONE programmer who fixed this, who aded this, ....

The A3 team was way larger. - And you complained that it took so long. Well with an unstable A3 branch it would be still in development.

The DayZ assets, especially the character models and items are looking great. - They really have a nice detail.
Date Registered: 18 May 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
2014 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
moonmaster1's Groups
2014 Contest Winner
I'd play Day Z. However project zomboid got my money first.  :D
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
And how does a current gen game run? Like  BF4 which crashes the whole time or CoD Ghosts which needs 6gb of ram and 64bit only ( idk if this is fixed but I doubt it )
I said current-gen zombie games, and I would say both of those games are much more ambitious than DayZ SA is.

And of course it doesn't look like A3. - They use the ToH branch ( not ArmA 2 ! ) to get the game out as fast as possible. - Idk how large the team is but they were always talking about ONE programmer who fixed this, who aded this, ....
My point was not to say it should look like ARMA 3… I was responding to the post above mine, which I quoted.

The A3 team was way larger. - And you complained that it took so long. Well with an unstable A3 branch it would be still in development.
Again, was not comparing it to ARMA 3 development.

The DayZ assets, especially the character models and items are looking great. - They really have a nice detail.
And what would you say the ratio of DayZ assets to ARMA 2 assets is? 100 to 1? 200 to 1? From all the screenshots I see of the game so far it seems that way - and instead of making new landscapes, buildings, or weapons - they make masks, backpacks, and women in underwear. These are totally first-priority and practical assets for a game like this </sarcasm>

Still using the same shitty/ugly supermarket building form ARMA 2 that we've seen a hundred too many times in DayZ Mod (amazing that every town in the region has the same exact supermarket , firehouse, and church buildings! And the same loot locations within them! And the same debris layout within them!

Am I the only one who was expecting more than this after a year of development? :(

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/28904791570/the-end-of-the-beginning
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombiejelly's Groups
yes I play Arma3 on ultra and standalone is not as beautiful as arma 3, I will agree with u on that. The point im trying to make is that I guess im just super excited about this release because I have waited for it for so long and I guess for me its easier to look over small things that you have pointed out or some would say big problems. I guess im just a fanboy for the game and what I think its going to be. So maybe this game is just for people who want to support development like myself. I appreciate everyones view on this topic and how we all are able to disagree about things without any harsh words to one another. Thats why I love UGX, everyone here is honest and to the point without being a prick. Well anyway I guess we will see what the future brings for this game. Hopefully future development will be enough for you guys to decide to purchase the game so we can all join in a lobby together and play UGX style.

Post Merge: December 17, 2013, 09:03:15 pm
I do agree the game should look like arma 3, but you know Arma 3s engine is not going to run on most peoples computer so maybe thats why they didnt use it. Hopefully that will change. I dont really know if thats possible after a foundation release.
Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 09:03:15 pm by Zombiejelly
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Wasn't refering to you andy. Was ment to be in general the whole ArmA 3 thing ( because the term was throwed in ) and according to your post you are not happy with the graphics ( which I don't understand at all )

You might consider looking at actual gameplay, not at screenshots. Of course they will sho you there stuff.
On the other side, thats an assets and we know a team has multiple members doing certain tasks of their knowledge.

Female / male characters were already a major thing in DayZ mod. ( idk what you want with female characters in underpants ~.~ )

I can't say anything about the supermarket yet. - Probably the same but should have get collision updates so zombies can better walk inside.

Idk what you expected after a year of development with a small team.

To bad that you feel like this. - Maybe when DayZ get's into a stable version we all think different. Who knows.
But I wouldn't just argue based on some screenshots. ( especially not these childish one )

I can't wait to play this weekend with some UGX members :P ( maybe we could also make a bigger group ^^ )

Loading ...