So I was messing around in effects ed today and accidently made this fx thought it looked good as a powerup fx so here we are. Video:
[You are not allowed to view external links.
Register or Login to see them]
How to add FX to powerups:
1. Go to Root>Raw>Maps>_zombiemode_powerups.gsc
2. Copy that file to Root>mods>YOUR_MAP_NAME>maps
3. Open that
4. Scroll down to you find "level._effect["powerup_on"] = loadfx( "FOLDER_NAME/NAME_OF_FX" );" This should be near the top of the file.
5. And replace it with "level._effect["powerup_on"] = loadfx( "FOLDER_NAME/custom_powerup_FX" );"
Replace "FOLDER_NAME" with the name of the folder you have put the fx in within the fx folder itself. If you have placed the fx into the fx folder but not any subfolders then you can get rid of the FOLDER_NAME/ in the script, just leaving the fx by itself.
6. Open launcher and go to mod builder>Your map and add this in the mod.csv, "fx,FOLDER_NAME/custom_powerup_FX" (Remember that you replace "FOLDER_NAME" with the name of the folder it is in within the fx folder, and if it is in the fx folder but not any subfolders then you just have to put "fx,custom_powerup_FX" into the mod.csv. Also remember to tick _zombiemode_powerups.gsc in the mod builder.
PS, i just realised that the fx looks really bright ingame, that is because my brightness is higher than it normally is, it looks better with lower brightness.
PPS, if you have any issues then just reply to this post and i will answer you as soon as i can.