Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Valley Hideout by Stuffed Oatmeal

Fun Factor: 6/10.
- The mapper definitely made some effort but the map is just about as fun as any other UGX Mod-enabled map out there right now. I just didn't get any unique feeling from this map. The way to get the Pack-a-Punch was fun though, so I gave this an extra point above average.

Execution of Playground Theme: 3/10
- The mapper did not make much effort towards the playground theme. The map layout was very linear and there was little reason to go backwards or hang around in one area for very long. Three of the four perks were very close to each other as well.

Appearance: 6/10
- The mapper made some effort towards making the map more visually appealing than average. He added a ton of custom textures (mostly posters) and some custom models which I appreciated. He also added the Black Ops perk icons which was a nice touch, and a feature that none of the other submissions had.

Total: 15/30

Zombie Island by Ray1325

Fun Factor: 9/10
- The mapper succeeded in making an extremely fun map. I would have given it a 10/10, but he lost a point because round-based gameplay is very slow due to his spawner layout/zones. However, if you turn Timed Gameplay on, this map is insanely fun! There's also a ton of custom features which really make this map stand out from the competition:
   1) When you run with pistols, they go vertical in front of your face
   2) Weapons bob left and right more so than usual, which was a really nice effect
   3) Some of the UGX Weapons were replaced or customized, which was refreshing
   4) There was a custom teleporter system which was involved in the Pack-a-Punch. Similar to Kino style.
   5) There were lava patches smartly placed around the map, which damaged you if you stood on them - Juggernog nulls the effect, which is great.

Execution of the Playground Theme: 8/10
- The mapper made a noticeable effort towards fulfilling the playground layout requirement. The basement area and the one building that resembles Nacht der Untoten definitely felt like playground areas to me.

Appearance: 4/10
- The mapper did not quite make an average effort towards the appearance of the map. There were no custom textures (that I saw), and the various areas of the map were relatively empty of models or other detail. I can see that the mapper took more time to add custom features, which is fine. However it hurts this part of the score.

Total: 21/30

Ski Resort by zNiiC

Fun Factor: 7/10
- The mapper made a noticeable effort towards fulfilling the Fun Factor requirement. The map had a buildables system for the power switch, which was fun.

Execution of the Playground Theme: 5/10
- The mapper made an average effort towards making the map a "playground". The map size is very large and does not contain much in the way of a playground layout.

Appearance: 9/10
- The mapper succeeded in making a very detailed and beautiful map. The ambient feeling that the map provides makes you really feel like you are in the middle of a snow storm. The map plays well and as a bonus, it's nice to look at.

Winner: Tie between Zombie Island by Ray1325 & Ski Resort by zNiiC.
broken avatar :(
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.

-The elevation changes in the map make interesting gameplay when fighting above or below zombies.
-You have to go searching for the debris indicator for the pack a punch so there is some scavenging to be done.
-The placement of perks/weapon spawns causes interesting gameplay when you need to pick something at a moments notice.

Execution of Playground Theme: 4/10
-A fairly linear map so not as much moving in multiple different directions.
-Not much in spawn so is only really visited if you wanted to choose it as a training area.

Appearance: 7/10
-Map has weather which gives an added effect.
-Well thought out detail in a number of areas.
-Although there are many well detailed areas, places like the hallway and the basement and the outside around the one side of the starting area are fairly bare.
-Lots of places alpha blending would have been good to use, like on  the terrain in the start area.

Total: 18/30

Zombie Island by Ray1325

Fun Factor: 6/10
-I enjoyed the custom content he added to make the map more interesting.
-Having things like a hackable teleporter and a bomb to blow up increases the enjoyment for me.
-The issue is that after about round 13 there isn't much to do so from then on all that there is, is just training in a circle forever, not as much fun.

Execution of Playground Theme: 4/10
-The map was really linear so the playground idea wasn't really thought about that much in the map.
-The map did have a kino style teleporter though so you do get moved around a decent bit from that. As for the actual map it just seemed very usual, nothing like climable areas, things you can jump from, or really cool areas for zombies to traverse around you in a cool way.

Appearance: 5/10
-There was an ok amount of detail but a lot of glitches in the mapping itself.
-Although some areas were detailed a lot of areas were neglected.

Total: 15/30

Ski Resort by zNiiC

Fun Factor: 8/10
-Black ops perks were added for more to buy.
-Buildable power switch which gives you more to search for.
-The map has many different areas to open making the time to find everything decent.

Execution of Playground Theme: 7/10
-There are places you can jump off to lower levels like the stairs leading up to the top floor of the main building.
-Almost every building can be opened from multiple sides meaning there are a lot of routes you can take, making the map a lot more interesting to play.
-Even though there are multiple entrances to single buildings there are still multiple options for buying doors when venturing the map.

-The map layout is great as there are a combination of brushes, decals, models and great alpha blended terrain that is placed perfectly.
-The fog increases when outside with the added snow effect making it feel like a real snow storm when outside.
-lots of custom models and textures were added giving the real effect of a ski resort, no compromises were made.

Total: 24/30

Winner: Ski Resort by zNiiC.
Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 11:03:57 pm by SajeOne
[UGX] Social Networking & Q.A.
Date Registered: 18 August 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
MrSlagovich's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.

Fun Factor: 5/10
- The map was a fun map but the replayablity is low and it was only fun on certain game modes. Also after getting to the Pack a Punch I felt their was nothing to do and I got bored.

Execution of Playground Theme: 3/10
- The theme was supposed to be a small playground type map and this map is nowhere near to a playpark layout. While the map looks okay it still doesn't meet what the contest asked for.

Appearance: 5/10
- The appearance of this map was very run of the mill, the usual textures we see over and over again. There was a couple of custom textures which was nice to see.

Total: 13/30

Zombie Island by Ray1325

Fun Factor: 9/10
- The fun factor in this was really really good. The objectives, the lava, the underground maze and the custom animations for the pistols plus the other guns on top of the small rooms all added intensity to the map.

Execution of Playground Theme: 7/10
-The underground maze is what I think makes this map stick to the theme best; it has is like a small playground down there and really fun to run round in to find the the stairs to the next floor to get to the teleport and the lava.

Appearance: 4/10
- The appearance of this map is very bland and just one texture per brush - not a lot of variety and there wasn't many custom models or other things round the map.

Total: 20/30

Ski Resort by zNiiC

- This map is very fun once you get to the box at the back of the map i loved just holding off there as if i was really in the apocalypse, also the buildables and cliffs add a lot of fun to the map.

Execution of the Playground Theme: 5/10
- This map didn't meet the theme fully but it was a small map with loads of small areas which is pretty close to the theme.

- What can i say all the custom textures and models make this map look really nice the advantage is he didn't have to come up with layout or map design because its a remake but god it looks beautiful with all the stuff i listed and the fog and snow.

Winner: Ski Resort by zNiiC.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Moved to public section.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
So now I know Saje is a fan of jumping from higher levels and the rest likes close quarters.
Although I don't know if anybody found buyable thundergun or winter's howl.
I totaly agree with all of you about the level of detail in my map. Haven't been concentrating much on that.
@MrSlagovich There were no objectives.
[UGX] Social Networking & Q.A.
Date Registered: 18 August 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
MrSlagovich's Groups
UGX Team Member

The computer bit
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
So now I know Saje is a fan of jumping from higher levels and the rest likes close quarters.
Although I don't know if anybody found buyable thundergun or winter's howl.
I totaly agree with all of you about the level of detail in my map. Haven't been concentrating much on that.
Not saying that's my exact preference, it was a third of the the topic for judging the contest.
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 6 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
i want play zombie island and sky resort  :)
Date Registered: 24 September 2012
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Letting Zombies eat my brains since 82
Signature
Zombiejelly's Groups
Zombiejelly's Contact & Social LinksZombiejelly115Zombiejelly115@BradtimmsZombiejelly
im sorry if this has already been asked and answered but are these going to be on the map manager
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
im sorry if this has already been asked and answered but are these going to be on the map manager
Soon.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
When the mappers fix the bugs we found, yes.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
When the mappers fix the bugs we found, yes.
Mine is probably bug free afaik
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
You sure you dont want to add some zones and blockers to the starting area/tunnel area to make it more enjoyable in round play? It would only take about 20 minutes or less of work and would greatly improve the map.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Yeah you might wanna do a little more testing.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
You sure you dont want to add some zones and blockers to the starting area/tunnel area to make it more enjoyable in round play? It would only take about 20 minutes or less of work and would greatly improve the map.
Will runners from round 2 be enough?

Loading ...