Fun Factor: 6/10.
- The mapper definitely made some effort but the map is just about as fun as any other UGX Mod-enabled map out there right now. I just didn't get any unique feeling from this map. The way to get the Pack-a-Punch was fun though, so I gave this an extra point above average.
Execution of Playground Theme: 3/10
- The mapper did not make much effort towards the playground theme. The map layout was very linear and there was little reason to go backwards or hang around in one area for very long. Three of the four perks were very close to each other as well.
- The mapper made some effort towards making the map more visually appealing than average. He added a ton of custom textures (mostly posters) and some custom models which I appreciated. He also added the Black Ops perk icons which was a nice touch, and a feature that none of the other submissions had.
Zombie Island by Ray1325
Fun Factor: 9/10
- The mapper succeeded in making an extremely fun map. I would have given it a 10/10, but he lost a point because round-based gameplay is very slow due to his spawner layout/zones. However, if you turn Timed Gameplay on, this map is insanely fun! There's also a ton of custom features which really make this map stand out from the competition:
1) When you run with pistols, they go vertical in front of your face
2) Weapons bob left and right more so than usual, which was a really nice effect
3) Some of the UGX Weapons were replaced or customized, which was refreshing
4) There was a custom teleporter system which was involved in the Pack-a-Punch. Similar to Kino style.
5) There were lava patches smartly placed around the map, which damaged you if you stood on them - Juggernog nulls the effect, which is great.
Execution of the Playground Theme: 8/10
- The mapper made a noticeable effort towards fulfilling the playground layout requirement. The basement area and the one building that resembles Nacht der Untoten definitely felt like playground areas to me.
- The mapper did not quite make an average effort towards the appearance of the map. There were no custom textures (that I saw), and the various areas of the map were relatively empty of models or other detail. I can see that the mapper took more time to add custom features, which is fine. However it hurts this part of the score.
Ski Resort by zNiiC
Fun Factor: 7/10
- The mapper made a noticeable effort towards fulfilling the Fun Factor requirement. The map had a buildables system for the power switch, which was fun.
Execution of the Playground Theme: 5/10
- The mapper made an average effort towards making the map a "playground". The map size is very large and does not contain much in the way of a playground layout.
- The mapper succeeded in making a very detailed and beautiful map. The ambient feeling that the map provides makes you really feel like you are in the middle of a snow storm. The map plays well and as a bonus, it's nice to look at.
Winner: Tie between Zombie Island by Ray1325 & Ski Resort by zNiiC.