Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

The guy who made this map is Traill, he is also that mastermind behind the map Propertree.

Setting: What may at first glace have the appearance of an unassuming section of suburbia in reality is as much a normal neighborhood as the cabin from the movie "Cabin in the Woods" was just a normal cabin. Many secrets await the observant and dedicated easter egg hunter in this very rewarding housing development.

Positives: Almost everything on this map is amazing. Traill has mastered what it means to make a map that is fun. Every house is well laid out and there is almost always an escape if you find yourself overwhelmed. Buildables, double PAP, custom drops, custom perks, custom weapons, gun turrets, secret passage ways and a massive easter egg all await those who stick around long enough to figure it out and enjoy the experience. I cannot overemphasis either just how well put together this map is because a person can make a map with all the above features and still have it suck badly and be more of a chore than a fun experience. This is where the intangible gift of creativity benefits some mappers more than others and Traill's got this out the ying yang.

Negatives: There is a platforming section to this map and I really don't like those in zombie maps, I didn't care for it much in Dark Zombie Ottawa and I really don't like it here. It's not that it can't be fun, but it just feels unforgiving especially in single player.

Conclusion: I love this map, abso-freaking-lutely love it! It has my vote for map of the year so far and it will take an act of god to dethrone this beast. It is flat out fun and everyone should stop what they are doing RIGHT NOW and go play it. Screw that wedding you were going to (even if it's yours), screw your uncles funeral, the birth of your first child - DOESN'T MATTER! Go home and play this map, no matter what the cost, you won't regret it.

Level of Detail: 8/10
Custom Content: 8/10
Fun Scale: 10/10
Replayability: 10/10

Score: 36/40

Download: http://zommods.com/neighborhood/
broken avatar :(
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
one of the best custom zombies map ever!!
Date Registered: 18 May 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
2014 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
moonmaster1's Groups
2014 Contest Winner
I thoroughly enjoy this map. I saw a lot of weapons not present in zombies, period.

The architecture is beautiful, the layout is fun, and the new power ups add new possibilities; such as losing 5000 from the gambler I picked up.
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
I think the weapons could have been done a little better but other then that the map is fantastic.

Edit: Also the end game hurt trigger >__<
Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 05:32:01 am by SajeOne
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(

Look at the score counter
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Well I just finished playing this map for the first time. I thought the various custom content was impressive, but one thing that was very annoying as that the mapper failed to compile his weapon sounds properly. When another player fires one of the custom weapons, all other players in the game hear it at full volume no matter where you are.

I also wish the objectives had lasted longer but the areas and objectives were very creative regardless. I had a good time. The buyable ending was WAY too expensive...

Loading ...