More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Welcome to Nacht Der Untoten, except this time instead of shooting zombies delaying your impending doom, you can now earn you points to give yourself up to the undead masses to finish your long run. This map was created by ProRevenge (who is a top bloke for letting me test this map) as this map launched into immediate love, as people can’t seem to get enough of remakes these days. Please be advised, the version I played was 1.0, if you're reading this after he's released a patch for any errors mentioned, you can disregard them. Well, without further ado, let’s get into the pros and cons of this map.

Pros: The weapons feel smooth to play with, it’s as if ProRevenge to the time to make sure the weapons weren’t broken and clumsy before release (Lorkeep Station, I’m looking at you). Some guns are an exception to this though, the Ballista was the only gun that felt a little clumsy (it just didn’t feel right) but apart from that, all versions of weapons worked well.

The extensions work well for the map. The Areas that Pro has added to the map work well with the original layout of Nacht itself, as it takes what was made famous by Treyarch, and expands on it with exploration of a Basement area, the other half of the second floor and the backyard.

Even spacing of Perk Machines and Weapons. In the Original Nacht, Every room would have 2 weapons (including the stielhandgranate) that were able to purchased, although this map doesn’t have as many weapons on each wall, they have spaced them evenly between all the extended areas. The perk machines also follow suit, these are placed with 1 in each area (like other Nacht Remakes), but with more of a subtle placement.

Perk Bottle Easter Egg. I thought this was a very unique idea and I loved how it worked, as the 1st easter egg plays straight into the second easter egg.

Now, no map is perfect, so we must move onto the cons of this map.
Cons: Game-Breaking bugs at launch. This map, although fun, had some game-breaking bugs within it that quickly ruined anyone having fun on the map. Bugs such as the Vulture Aid Green Mist causing a fatal G-Spawn Error and the Thundergun overloading the game and causing it to crash, just ruin the fun of using these features.

Too many perks. Although having every single perk in the game is fun and empowering to have, not all perks are necessarily needed in the map, such as Stamin-up, as this is map where you could either camp easily in multiple areas, or training, which really doesn’t require Stamin-up.

Final Verdict
Level Detail: 8/10. The amount of Detail felt apocalyptic, which is nice, but it could’ve done a little more interior detailing, and she would’ve been right as rain.
Custom Content: 7/10. This map features very well ported weapons and the perks work nicely, if only the knife was custom :troll:.
Fun Scale: 7/10. It all depends on how you play, if you’re like me and camped, the action can get hectic quickly if you’re not ready.
Replayability: 5/10. This map does have replayability, you could attempt to train in certain areas, camp out in areas that are risky, or, as Old el Paso would say, 'Why not do both?'.
Overall Score: 27/40

Download Link:http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=7467.0
Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 11:25:36 pm by JiffyNoodles
broken avatar :(
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
Agree with this for the most part, except:

Replayability: 2/10. Unfortunately, like Cryogenic, once you complete the Easter egg, earn your cash, slay some zombies with an assortment of weapons and buy the ending, there really isn’t much else to do.

That's unnecessarily low, I understand that once you do stuff it's it, but the map can be played again, it has replay value, I would give a box map at 2/10 but not this, maybe a 6/10 would suit it but 2/10 is just downing it for no reason.
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 5 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
Reveiwer vs reveiwer!!

Anyway, I think a total of 24/40 is too low.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Waaay too low. WTF. And replayability - 2/10? ???

Replayability: 2/10. Unfortunately, like Cryogenic, once you complete the Easter egg, earn your cash, slay some zombies with an assortment of weapons and buy the ending, there really isn’t much else to do.

Doesn't this description (near enough) apply to every map ever? Including the Treyarch ones? How many times have you played the original NDU - which has no EE, no perks, no PAP, no anything really? Shocking.
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Waaay too low. WTF. And replayability - 2/10? ???

Doesn't this description (near enough) apply to every map ever? Including the Treyarch ones? How many times have you played the original NDU - which has no EE, no perks, no PAP, no anything really? Shocking.
yes, you're right, anyway, I've updated the score, as the old score is for another map ::)
Date Registered: 13 September 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Signature
The overwhelming use of rage faces and meme emojis is bloody dreadful. Why is that even a thing it's 2015 lmao.
joj's Groups
joj's Contact & Social LinksJojHeywood
Find it a bit odd that one of your cons is "It didn't release perfectly/it had bugs what were later fixed". That's not really commentating on the gameplay, just the process most custom stuff comes out with.

But otherwise yeah, a score 27~30 seems about fair. Good review.
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Find it a bit odd that one of your cons is "It didn't release perfectly/it had bugs what were later fixed". That's not really commentating on the gameplay, just the process most custom stuff comes out with.

But otherwise yeah, a score 27~30 seems about fair. Good review.
I don't think the bugs have yet been fixed (as far as i'm aware)
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Bugs such as the Vulture Aid Green Mist causing a fatal G-Spawn Error and the Thundergun overloading the game and causing it to crash, just ruin the fun of using these features.

I think again this is a little harsh lol, both of these were just 'simple' mistakes in the script i fixed on day 1 of finding out, and I only count 2 reports of people saying they got G-Spawn? Thundergun was just a issue with it threading twice, and there was a broken loop in vulture, wouldnt say that qualifies as "completely ruined"

Would like you to review it again on the "final" version - that has the bug fixes and missing elements in it

I do agree for Staminup however, and everything else.
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I think again this is a little harsh lol, both of these were just 'simple' mistakes in the script i fixed on day 1 of finding out, and I only count 2 reports of people saying they got G-Spawn? Thundergun was just a issue with it threading twice, and there was a broken loop in vulture, wouldnt say that qualifies as "completely ruined"

Would like you to review it again on the "final" version - that has the bug fixes and missing elements in it

I do agree for Staminup however, and everything else.
I will do it again, once the final patch is dropped.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
can you remove the 1.1 from the post please, this is 1.0
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
can you remove the 1.1 from the post please, this is 1.0
will do

Loading ...