Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
BioAftermath's Contact & Social LinksErneldBioAftermath
[ATTENTION] I did post a similar topic like this, but some of the requirements have changed. I'm looking for a headset that is compatible with PS4, Xbox One and PC. This headset has to have a mic cable that I can plug into my computer to record my voice while still being able to talk to my friends (for YouTube videos),the mic has to be good (I don't have to talk to loud for it to pick up my voice, clear sound), I HAVE to be able to hear to volume from the console that the headset is plugged into AND my PC at the same time, it has to be comfortable and wired (and one of those wires that doesn't just move back into the position it was in when you tried to straighten it out) and cost about $150. Can someone help me? I know I have high standards, but I really need a headset like this and I really hope that there is one out there like this. 
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 3 August 2013
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I'm sorry.
Signature
You ever wonder why we're here?
I HAVE to be able to hear to volume from the console that the headset is plugged into AND my PC at the same time,
I don't know about this

but maybe these will work http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/kunai_uni.asp#!prettyPhoto
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Trying to find a headset that is compatible with all systems is not easy. The best headset that comes to mind is still the ASTRO A50 with the necessary accessories from their shop that make it compatible with all systems.

I just recently switched from the ASTRO A50 + ASTRO Mixamp to Seinheiser PC360 G4ME Eddition + ASTRO Mixamp and don't regret it - uou can use any headset with the mixamp to get the cross-system compatibility.
Date Registered: 8 July 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Trying to find a headset that is compatible with all systems is not easy. The best headset that comes to mind is still the ASTRO A50 with the necessary accessories from their shop that make it compatible with all systems.

I just recently switched from the ASTRO A50 + ASTRO Mixamp to Seinheiser PC360 G4ME Eddition + ASTRO Mixamp and don't regret it - uou can use any headset with the mixamp to get the cross-system compatibility.
I have an Astro 50 headset, but it isn't compatible to Xbox One, and I doesn't have a good mic for Xbox 360. Also, I can't hear Xbox 360 and PC volume at the same time, which is one of my biggest complaints.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I have an Astro 50 headset, but it isn't compatible to Xbox One, and I doesn't have a good mic for Xbox 360. Also, I can't hear Xbox 360 and PC volume at the same time, which is one of my biggest complaints.
Honestly I don't believe you won't find anything better that meets all of your requirements, but good luck.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
I don't know about this

but maybe these will work http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/kunai_uni.asp#!prettyPhoto
This headset has just about everything I need, but I think I would need to get an audio splitter and a mic splitter (a cable that pugs into the audio or mic cable and there is two other cables that I can plug into something and I would need this so that I can hear PS4/Xbox One volume and PC volume, and be able to use the mic on PS4/Xbox One and on the PC)
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
This headset has just about everything I need, but I think I would need to get an audio splitter and a mic splitter (a cable that pugs into the audio or mic cable and there is two other cables that I can plug into something and I would need this so that I can hear PS4/Xbox One volume and PC volume, and be able to use the mic on PS4/Xbox One and on the PC)
That headset is going to fit and sound drastically differently than the open-back oval-canned Astro A50 headset that you've been wearing. If you found the A50 to be comfortable you will probably hate the fit of any headset with circular cans and not like the sound of closed-back headphones. Those trittons are circular-can closed-back, I don't think you will like them. But if you buy them from a retailer such as Amazon you can return them if you don't like how they fit or sound, so I suggest you order whatever you want so that you can see what you like and what you don't like. I had to order about 4 pairs of headphones before I settled on the PC360's that I mentioned earlier.

Also if you like to be able to hear when people are calling you from across the house, you will not hear that if you are wearing closed-back headphones.
Former UGX Co-Founder
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
UGX Co-Founder
My Groups
More
More
Signature
W1NG3D's Groups
UGX Co-Founder

Wins, you use the same headset as me! Told you it was good :D
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups

So I'm confused... What headset are you using? And how can I get cross system compatibility?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
So I'm confused... What headset are you using? And how can I get cross system compatibility?
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-360-Headset-Pro-Gaming/dp/B003DA4D2U
with this: http://www.amazon.com/ASTRO-Gaming-MixAmp-Pro-Xbox-360/dp/B004L6C6BK

I don't even use it for console gaming. The reason I love the mixamp so much is because I can balance the output of teamspeak (or any other voice problem) vs the main auto output (from a game or video or whatever) in realtime using a nob on the mixamp. It also does quite a good job of mixing down 5.1 and 7.1 audio to stereo while still having it feel like surround sound.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-360-Headset-Pro-Gaming/dp/B003DA4D2U
with this: http://www.amazon.com/ASTRO-Gaming-MixAmp-Pro-Xbox-360/dp/B004L6C6BK

I don't even use it for console gaming. The reason I love the mixamp so much is because I can balance the output of teamspeak (or any other voice problem) vs the main auto output (from a game or video or whatever) in realtime using a nob on the mixamp. It also does quite a good job of mixing down 5.1 and 7.1 audio to stereo while still having it feel like surround sound.
And I can use this on any system? Can I buy a different headset and use that with it because my budget is about $150, and can I use my Astro A50s? I don't know about the mix amp, I think I would rather buy one headset that works all around, and plus, am I able to hear PC and PS4/Xbox One volume with it? That's still a big thing for me...
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
And I can use this on any system? Can I buy a different headset and use that with it because my budget is about $150, and can I use my Astro A50s? I don't know about the mix amp, I think I would rather buy one headset that works all around, and plus, am I able to hear PC and PS4/Xbox One volume with it? That's still a big thing for me...
The headset you choose is irrelevant when you buy the Mixamp. The Mixamp will work with any headset.

The Mixamp is also what gives you cross-system compatibility. Again the headset you connect to it is irrelevant in the matter.

If you already have Astro A50's, keep the mixamp and cables, then sell the headset separately if you want the $$ for something else.

I suggest doing more research on the Mixamp since you seem to be unaware of its full potential.

Why the hell do you want to hear PC and Console volume at the same time? You can only have two inputs - typically the second input is used for the communication platform of the sytem. For PS3/4 it would be for in-game chat, for Xbox 360/One it would be for in-game chat, and for PC it would be for Skype/Teamspeak, etc.

I have no idea what your purpose behind the simultaneous connection is and until I do I cannot tell you if it will work or not.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
The headset you choose is irrelevant when you buy the Mixamp. The Mixamp will work with any headset.

The Mixamp is also what gives you cross-system compatibility. Again the headset you connect to it is irrelevant in the matter.

If you already have Astro A50's, keep the mixamp and cables, then sell the headset separately if you want the $$ for something else.

I suggest doing more research on the Mixamp since you seem to be unaware of its full potential.
I was looking at this... http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/ps3-headsets/ear-force-dpx21/49
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I was looking at this... http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/ps3-headsets/ear-force-dpx21/49
The Earforce DSS box is Turtle Beach's Mixamp-equivilant and in my opinion it is an inferior product. Again my opinion comes from my own research when I settled on my current setup and can only advise you based on my opinion - it's up to you to make sure its going to work for you.

More info on the DSS box so that you can compare it to the Mixamp directly:
http://www.amazon.com/Force-Channel-Dolby-Surround-Processor-Mac/dp/B003O0KICS

Also note that the DSS you linked to is already out of date:
http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Force-Surround-Processor-63043006306200/dp/B006W41X36/ref=dp_ob_title_vg/189-0651138-9509161

Edit: Re-read my previous reply, you missed an edit I did to the end.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups

Why the hell do you want to hear PC and Console volume at the same time? You can only have two inputs - typically the second input is used for the communication platform of the sytem. For PS3/4 it would be for in-game chat, for Xbox 360/One it would be for in-game chat, and for PC it would be for Skype/Teamspeak, etc.

I have no idea what your purpose behind the simultaneous connection is and until I do I cannot tell you if it will work or not.
I want to hear both PC and Xbox One/PS4 volume at the same time, because I like playing games and listening to music. I especially love doing this for Zombies, but I can only do it on solo, because I can hear PC and Xbox 360 volume at the same time, but when I plug in the Xbox chat cable into the back of the headset, it cuts off any volume from the PC. Also, sometimes I'm talking to friends on Xbox and I want to talk to them and play on PC, but still hear the PC volume. 

Loading ...