AliasEditor++ v0.9.0 BETA
I've been working on an app for the last few days which is meant to be the best tool for editing soundalias csv files, called AliasEditor++. The development of this program is part of our effort to release a UGX Developer Package at a later date.
- You can open any soundalias csv with the program.
- All aliases in the opened file are grouped by name in the left data column.
- You can find any soundalias setting within seconds using the Search for Setting Name feature.
- You can sort any column by name to make editing more intuitive.
- You can add, remove, and clear specific aliases in the opened file by using the Edit menu or by right-clicking the list of aliases.
- You can add sample 2d and 3d aliases of various types in the opened file by using the Add from Samples option in the Edit menu.
- You can base a new soundalias file off of an existing one by using the Save As feature.
- You can save changes to the currently opened soundalias by using the Save feature.
- You can create a new soundalias file by using the New feature.
- You can access all important features of the program with key combinations which are listed in each dropdown menu.
- All settings have tooltips which describe what the setting does.
- You can navigate to your root or root/raw/soundalises folder using the convenient buttons in the Tools menu.
- You will be notified if any updates are available to the application using the automatic update check upon launch of the program.
- and more? Suggest features for me to add!
- Any community features suggestions
This is a BETA!
What does this mean? It means the program may have some bugs which I am not aware of... if you get an unhandled exception while using the program or something just doesn't seem to be working right, please REPLY TO THIS THREAD! If a setting is missing from the program, please REPLY TO THIS THREAD! If you would like to see a feature added to the program, please REPLY TO THIS THREAD!
- v0.8.0: First public release of the program. Beta Testing initiated.
- Added "Samples" list to the Edit menu which you can use to insert a sample 2d, 2d streamed, 2d looping, 3d, and 3d looping alias to your file.
- Opening a soundalias csv which only contains a header line are no longer "invalid files".
- Added a right-click menu to the alias list which has the same functionality as the Edit menu.
- Implemented the Duplicate, Clear, and Remove alias commands on the Edit and right-click menus.
- Added key shortcuts for all of the edit commands.
- Added a registry path fixer to the Tools menu.
- Added better CoDWaW registry handling - if your installation is not found the program will ask you to locate it instead of throwing an unhandled exception.
- If the soundalias header has a skipped setting (",,"), it will show as "<null>".