Created 8 years ago
by treminaor
broken avatar :(
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
IIRC that might have been canceled because some people's first maps were actually pretty good and might have not gotten much attention because they were "New Mappers." It's a good idea honestly so people don't get so damn mean over someone's first map.

That was explained. 'New Mappers' is basically a less derogatory euphemism for 'Box maps'. Of course anyone who spends more than 5 mins in Radiant, regardless of whether it's his first or 10th map, would qualify for the normal releases section. A rating system (on the forums, I know this is going to be implemented in the UGX Launcher or w/e) of like 10 stars would be a fantastic idea I think, but I've said all this before anyway.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
I'm sorry but this is a complete non starter.  I mean, where do we draw the line on what is considered too poor to feature on the site? Also, there is several mappers on this site who started of by posting "shit" maps who are now pretty damn talented, so are we to turn away mappers until they are in line with the standards expected by a select few?

The final straw was having 3 users ask us to delete their WIP threads because some people on here are too toxic to actually try and help people and instead would rather belittle these new users. This site will no longer condone this type of behaviour.

For the record, I've tried to help several people fix issues and make their map less buggy and 9.9 times out of 10 they just ignore that advice and release a buggy map anyway.

You can't exactly help anyone get better either when they don't ask for help in the first place, which is another trend i'm seeing more of these days. People are just too lazy and would rather list bugs on the topic page that fix them beforehand.

The point of this new policy is to prevent new mappers getting abused by the egotistical members of this site who think they are Gods amongst men and would rather trash than encourage these novice mappers. Besides... even decent maps get the harsh treatment (Daedra's rant on Prison Mission for example) and we are looking to put an end to this kind of bullshit to be honest.

Your definition of "decent" isn't the same as mine. Any map that has zombies spawning in zones that aren't even open isn't a trait of a quality map in my book.

And you want to end people expressing negative opinions you say? Reality doesn't like that.

Spoiler: click to open...

South Park FTW!

Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
For the record, I've tried to help several people fix issues and make their map less buggy and 9.9 times out of 10 they just ignore that advice and release a buggy map anyway.

Yes, and I have even commented on such posts where you have been very helpful. I have told you before that you can be and have been a valued member of this site. Sometimes you go on poisonous rants though that are definitely toxic to say the least. I am all for the whole "freedom of speech" but sometimes there has to be a line drawn. You are definitely not the most toxic of users on this forum though but since the new rule has been introduced there has been a lot less negativity around here and I am sure most people will agree it makes a better community for everyone.

Your definition of "decent" isn't the same as mine. Any map that has zombies spawning in zones that aren't even open isn't a trait of a quality map in my book.

This is the whole point of not introducing a limitation of what we allow to be posted. Where do we draw the line? I love Prison Mission and you don't, so where do we class this map? I agree prior to the clipping being fixed it was an attractive but frustrating map but the latest release is way better than "box map", which is something you called me out on for being completely constructive in a post yet days later tore Prison Mission apart in ZK's thread. It was very hypocritical of you and this is why I had issue with what you had to say. I was very constructive in my reply to you in that thread also.

Either way, I DO value you as a member on this forum and have spoken up for you in past situations where it has been discussed by admin on whether or not you should have been banned for previous incidents. Sometimes I can come across as being harsh on you but really I only do it to make this community a better place. I have no malice against anyone on this forum.

Loading ...