Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
I own the hat!
DuaLVII's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
DuaLVII's Contact & Social Linksthomas.gascoigne.7DuaLVIIDuaLVIITheProlonger
Greetings UGXians!

For a while I've been holding back this map and kept it as a friends only map because I'm new to mapping in World at War and had no knowledge for scripting, However, That is starting to change.

Please note; This is my first map.

With thanks to Tomikaze for his awesome suggestions and Treminaor also, AND after a lot of messing around with scripts and making my own, I've managed to get Tomi's suggestions in and more.

The provided link is to my last build of the map, However, This map is not finished and more importantly, it will grow in size.

The current release is a very small scaled map and it was made clear to me by numerous people that not many out there like small maps, and since I'm now getting a grasp of the scripting language, I'll be extending it with some evil secrets.

To the reason why I've decided to post this now instead of earlier;

I've been making this map up really as I've been going along and since the UGX Community is filled with amazing creative minds, I'd love to hear peoples suggestions.
Also to make sure there are no bugs.

Please know however, I probably won't be doing any more scripts or changes till UGX 1.1 is out otherwise I'll be creating more and more work for myself, but any future features or suggestions that require new scripts after UGX 1.1 is out, I'll set too on it.

Moving on to the current features of this small scaled map;

• UGX 1.0.3
  • Buyable Ending - 30,000 (Location will change in the future)
  • Gametype specific - Classic Mode Only
  • Mob of the Dead's Round Start and End sounds
  • Random air-strikes - Air raid siren will give you a 14 second warning
  • Craftable door trap - This was made for testing purposes for a script I made
  • Wall weapons disabled after round 10
  • Random box costs 2000 - Can spit out a pack-a-punch weapon (Also be careful, because the box can trick you sometimes)
  • Refreshed barrier building - Altered barrier building animations, also Speed Cola now lets players build barriers 2x quicker
  • Electricity will be turned on automatically after round 10
  • All perk locations are randomized

Hopefully, The feature list will keep growing over time.

Here also are some old screenshots (Don't currently have any new ones yet since not much has changed other than the grass)

Credits;

UGX Devs - For the awesome UGX Mod
Treminaor - UGX Easy-FX (Wish I knew about is sooner)
Tom-BMX - Artillery & Zombie Counter scripts
No doubt more to be added.

Thanks guys,
DuaLVII
Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 10:46:54 am by DuaLVII
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 28 March 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
SarcyMoFo's Groups
SarcyMoFo's Contact & Social Links
Interesting, will check this out and report back :)
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
DuaLVII,
             Glad to see that you are releasing this to the public and that you are adding to it and expanding on the idea. I can't wait to play this updated version and future releases. The atmosphere is great and I love the way the vehicle headlights look through the fog.
Date Registered: 26 November 2013
Last active: 9 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I own the hat!
DuaLVII's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Hey Tomi,

To be fair since you last tried this, not a great deal has changed as far as details go on this map or size but more to it's features.

But yes, Like I mentioned I do plan to extend the map but not totally sure in which direction I go.

I've been toying around with 2 idea's;
1; Extending the terrain further out, maintaining the forest scenery with more cabin's along with the way (with maybe some cabins players need to go through in order to progress)

2; 2nd cabin floor hatch, leading down into tunnels/sewers which leads to a town like area with multiple buildings all openable.

But this is part of the reason I've decided now to put this up and see what idea's come about as far as extending it goes, Since I know what I like in maps, but what I like might now be what everyone likes, so effectivly this map becomes more of a community friendly map with hopefully something for all.

I also decided that I was sick of not knowing how to script, so I went for it full on and Thanks again Tomi for those suggestions, May need to check the list again in-case I missed something however.

Thanks,
DuaLVII
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

I also decided that I was sick of not knowing how to script, so I went for it full on and Thanks again Tomi for those suggestions, May need to check the list again in-case I missed something however.

Here's what my suggestions were from the message I sent to you a couple weeks back, I'm not sure which ones you wanted to use so I thought I'd repost them here. Maybe someone else wants to weigh in too and offer up some ideas.

-The player starts with the pistol and all weapons on the map are locked and at round 2 the M14 unlocks and then at round 3 the Windchester unlocks and then whatever other weapons you want on the map have them in somewhat hard to get to places like behind heavy brush, inside buildings etc. 
-On round 10 an area of fence opens up and the mystery box becomes available, this also locks all wall weapons so you no longer have access to them.
-On round 15 another area of fence opens up and the PAP Machine is available. Eventually you will be completely dependent on the box as no wall weapons will be available.
-Also, on round 15 the mystery box now costs $1,250, on round 16 it costs $1,500, on round 17 it costs $1,750 and it just goes up and up.
-Could you implement a storm system where at round 7 or so it begins to rain and then it just gets worse and worse until by round 12 it's a complete downpour? That would be distractingly fun.
-In that case you could have the main area be open without much grass but after each round more and more grass shows up and gets higher and higher until it's VERY difficult to see the zombies? Cap it at something reasonable so it's not completely absurd.

Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I own the hat!
DuaLVII's Groups
Ah, Well least I got some of them in.

I did however prior to this version of it have the random box randomize it's cost also between 0 to 5000 and when the game first loaded it picked it's cost between 3000 and 4000 however, This resulted in bugs after a level restart which would show a new cost on the hint but it's cost was what it was before the user did a level restart.

Beyond that it wouldn't change the hint string and would only then show `Press and hold F to trade weapons` and wouldn't show any cost.

Leaving it at 2000 has fixed the issue but was a bit unfortunate.
Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:14:06 am by DuaLVII
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
SarcyMoFo's Groups
Not even started the map and I'm smiling thanks to Malukah's Where Are We Going  :D
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I own the hat!
DuaLVII's Groups
Not even started the map and I'm smiling thanks to Malukah's Where Are We Going  :D

Wouldn't get too hyped, Still much to do on it yet.
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
SarcyMoFo's Groups
I wouldn't sell yourself short - I enjoyed the features included so far and will follow development with a keen eye :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I own the hat!
DuaLVII's Groups
I wouldn't sell yourself short - I enjoyed the features included so far and will follow development with a keen eye :)

Thank you good sir.

Most of today I've spent a lot of time working on a new script but I've found WaW to have the most unstable scripting language built into it since arrays and entity attributes are denying to make sense which has been a huge bellyache of a conundrum.

Not registering else if and thinking the entity has an attribute it doesn't have renders GSC on WaW broken and for the past 4 hours or more I've been strangling it and then it axes me in the head.

So I'm not having a good day today.

Loading ...