Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MechromancerX's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
MechromancerX's Contact & Social Links
Hello everyone, i decided to begin on my first map. Any positive or negative criticism is welcome because i have a long road ahead.

I'm gonna start with explaining the idea. I came up with the idea that playing zombies in co-op is always teamwork (or should be).
But what if it is you vs your friends vs zombies? I'm gonna try to make a style of mapping that gives the free for all feeling (first one that buys buyable ending wins the game).
I think i have tested several stuff that is a must have in a zombies map (to copy 4 times and let it work) and beside the box i had no real problem (yet).

Now it's time for a short storyline:
17th of August 1942, Several german scientists of group 935 were send to the Sahara desert somewhere between Libya en Algeria to inspect an undiscovered part of the meteorite containing element 115.
In this base the first experiments were made to make an army of zombies. Although... it went wrong really quick after several zombies started to attack the scientists and soldiers.
The location of the base was very far from civilisation, so the few who managed to escape, died in the desert from dehydration.
After the North-African campaign ended, the base was put in quarantaine by the allied forces, so that no zombie would reach the outside world and escalate the problem.

Now, 24th of July 1945, almost 3 years later, the 4 most experienced soldiers were send to that base to see what actually is going on and to destroy the base once and for all.
Upon reaching the base, an invisible gas causes them to turn against each other. Who will survive? One of them, or the zombies?

Back to reality:

Already included
- No dogs
- BO perks (BO2 shaders)
- Double tap 2.0
- Buyable Ending
- Five zombies

Ideas to add
- Mix of some WaW and Black ops guns
- Electric cherry (but less op or as reward from easter egg)
- An easter egg ofcourse

Now i want to have some feedback about the map itself, so far i made 4 box rooms, one for each player with a stairway to the roof.
I'm posting pictures about 1 room, the other ones will look like this one. On the roof there are less objects to collide with, but beware, other players can steal points!
Should i somehow try to expand the map? Are there problems that can block my way of creating this map because i don't want to get dissapointed when close to the finish about an issue that could have been avoided from the start.
I ask this because i haven't seen a map like this made before and that suprised me.
If there would be a problem, than i can still make from this a normal map and keep the story and ideas.

Pictures:

Spoiler: click to open...

Credits (so far):

Zomb1e-Kllr
Tom_BMX
JR-Imagine
Jei9363

-Mech
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
Ok, I like the free for all idea, not sure how are you gonna make it though.

Question 1: will each player spawn in different location than others?
Question 2: will there be teams against each other or something like this?
Question 3: how will the players be able to setup themselves, I mean if you add a perk and all players are separated, then you have to add 4 perk machines, each one for every player.
Date Registered: 4 August 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MechromancerX's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
MechromancerX's Contact & Social Links
Yes, they each have a seperate spawnlocation (they will never cross eachother in game).
I can think about that, so far i'm gonna make it possible that it is a free for all game you can play with 2-4 players.
Yes i already tested placing multiple perk machines, pap's, wall guns, etc etc, i only had a problem with multiple boxes, i fixed that with the box starting at player one. I'm gonna try to make it switch every 2 minutes for example.
Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 12:49:01 pm by MechromancerX
Date Registered: 20 December 2013
Last active: 10 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Buried Round 196 World Record by me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYLBm3EyNGs

Shi No First Room Round 115 by me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4QN_rUJ7s
Wunderful's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Wunderful's Contact & Social LinksxWunderfuLxxWunderfuLxXxWunderfuLxX1
Yes, they each have a seperate spawnlocation (they will never cross eachother in game).
I can think about that, so far i'm gonna make it possible that it is a free for all game you can play with 2-4 players.
Yes i already tested placing multiple perk machines, pap's, wall guns, etc etc, i only had a problem with multiple boxes, i fixed that with the box starting at player one. I'm gonna try to make it switch every 2 minutes for example.

Hmm, cool idea
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links

Then can't wait wait to see what's gonna come out of this :D :D
Senpai
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
arceus's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
arceus's Contact & Social LinksarceusNT
how about you make a reward system for each player. like i you got the most points gained you get a reward and if you beat everyone in every way the get there current gun pack a punched for free.

just a suggestion if you decide to do this i might be able to help :D

Loading ...