UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[WIP] Wald Der Verdammten (Forest of the Damned)

broken avatar :(
Created 7 years ago
by jermrivers
Date Registered: 15 September 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
jermrivers's Groups
jermrivers's Contact & Social LinksShenanigans_Plays
After about 200 hours and my map getting corrupted 2 times, I think I've finally made enough progress to unveil my first custom zombies map for Black Ops 3. This map is called, "Wald Der Verdammten", meaning "Forest of the Damned", and it is meant to be a spiritual successor to Zetsubou. Since Zetsubou was so negatively received by the community I wanted to create a map that had the same kind of "feel" as Zetsubou without being so tedious. This map also has a bit of a Revelations vibe as I am adding various tributes to different maps throughout the outskirts of Wald Der Verdammten. I am probably about 40-50% done with the layout of my map now, and detail is in varying stages depending on the area. Once finished this map will be insanely detailed and will probably have a split layout (basically two main areas of the map).

List of things added so far:
-various models from BOII
-electric cherry
-rocket shield
-buildable power
-custom wallbuys
-gobblegums
-music easter egg
-all perks
-loads of detail ofc
-zombie counter
-custom round sounds from zetsubou
and probably more that i'm forgetting so i'll update if need be.

Screenshots:

Also, please give me suggestions/feedback.
Thank you.
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Looks fantastic so far. Keep it up!
Date Registered: 26 December 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Have a disc copy of W@W, which is why steam doesn't display it
WaW: XxIceBearxX
Steam: Nightmare_Pie
Black Ops 3 Emblems
mxtxm's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
mxtxm's Contact & Social LinksNightmare_Pie
The map looks good. My hope is that you close it up some. The pics of it's current state make it look suiper open and easy to train on. One thing I will always take from ZNS is how careful I had to be while training it. While not as tedious I would lve to see some of that difficulty make it back inot the successor.
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
More
jermrivers's Groups
The map looks good. My hope is that you close it up some. The pics of it's current state make it look suiper open and easy to train on. One thing I will always take from ZNS is how careful I had to be while training it. While not as tedious I would lve to see some of that difficulty make it back inot the successor.

Yes this is definitely something I am going to work on. I've been working a lot on lighting and FX recently so most of the areas I have completed don't have finished detail yet. I'm going to be adding plenty of obstacles into the map and it's definitely going to be a mostly close quarters map, with the exception of spawn and another secret area I'm working on. Another thing to keep in mind is my FOV in game is up all the way so it makes certain things look a lot more open than they are. I'll try to take screenshots in Radiant for comparison but Radiant likes to crash when I try to take screenshots so we'll see  :nyan:

Double Post Merge: November 12, 2016, 12:11:46 am
Here are those screenshots I promised earlier. I added a bit more (i.e. the blue floating debris from nuketown. these will also eventually have the animations from the floating objects on d.e. and sounds and tbh this looks much better in game than in the screenshots.) But anyways yeah I added more and took a couple of screenshots to show certain areas without the insane fov. Also I apologize for the screenshots having, lines I guess?(thats the only way I could describe it.) Idk what it is with taking screenshots with Radiant but it always messes up.

Let me know what you think! Still working on the courtyard area thing outside the blue building to make it a more cramped area, its meant to be more of a hub to go to other areas than its own area if you know what I mean.
Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 12:11:46 am by jermrivers
Date Registered: 26 December 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
mxtxm's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
mxtxm's Contact & Social LinksNightmare_Pie
Looks great. Not only is it nice to see a map focusing on CQC(Close Quaters Combat) it's nice to see it be dark. My favorite kind of map is dark one with limited lighting and lots of areas where the zombies can jump you.
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
More
jermrivers's Groups
Not sure why the last image in my first post broke, but I just wanted to let everyone know that if there's a lack of me posting this map isn't dead I've just been working on it quite a bit so posting daily might be challenging. I'm trying to get quite a few scripts to work at the moment and I've also been holding out hopes on porting some weapons from BOII. The main problem with this is I can't for the life of me get the COD Tools plugin to work in Maya and every tutorial uses it so I don't know any other way to go about it.

With all that being said I should hopefully be able to update you guys on my map in the next couple of days, and by then there will be a couple of more areas added (i.e. the forest behind spawn/near electric cherry, and the area behind the green fountain.)

Don't forget I'm always open to suggestions so let me know what you want to see in the map!

Loading ...